Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witton

+6
sirsmileriiii
samhistory
redpike
oldhillglassboy
Jack
stour_boy
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Witton        Empty Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 14:22

stour_boy

stour_boy

Updates to follow here today for those who can't be there.

2Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 14:50

stour_boy

stour_boy

Coleman
Bowerman
Brown
Morris
Richards
Geohaghon
Haynes
Broadhurst
Benbow
Canavan
Knight

3Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 14:52

stour_boy

stour_boy

Subs:

Fitzpatrick
Morgan-Parker
Tye
McPike
Grainger

4Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 15:11

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-0 Geohaghon

5Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 15:24

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-0 Brown

6Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 16:29

stour_boy

stour_boy

3-0 Bowerman

7Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 17:19

stour_boy

stour_boy

3-0 FT

8Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 18:19

Jack

Jack
Admin

Well done lads. Back to basics.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

9Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 19:00

oldhillglassboy

Coming hot on the heels on Thursday, wasn't sure what to expect today but thankfully a much improved performance, we played well in the first half with plenty of intensity.

The second half was a bit of a non event, Witton where poor throughout and after the early effort hit the crossbar didn't offer much threat. Thought everybody had a pretty good game today and a much needed win.

10Witton        Empty Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 19:23

redpike

A much-needed 3 points to keep us within shouting distance, just about, of a play-off position.

Today's was a very comfortable win against a very poor and young Witton team - Dean will not have many more easier games.

If it hadn't been for our final ball letting us down on too many occasions, we would have scored many more.

Everyone had good games with Kyle and Chris catching the eye but, for me, Ex hardly put a foot (or head) wrong. Trust that this quietens his critics !

Our bench looked a bit thin on experience and with Will's 4 game suspension and with the inevitable injuries and illness, I'm sure Gary will be bringing more quality players.

11Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 19:59

samhistory

samhistory

After all the doom, gloom and pessimism recently i wasn't looking forward to todays game, however everyone had a decent game and got stuck in. If we had won 5 or 6 nil, it would not have flattered us. Although Witton were poor you can only beat who is front of you. Hopefully this will give everyone some confidence and if everyone can play like this every week the the play-offs are easily achievable.
In Gary we trust,

coyg

12Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 20:00

samhistory

samhistory

After all the doom, gloom and pessimism recently i wasn't looking forward to todays game, however everyone had a decent game and got stuck in. If we had won 5 or 6 nil, it would not have flattered us. Although Witton were poor you can only beat who is front of you. Hopefully this will give everyone some confidence and if everyone can play like this every week the the play-offs are easily achievable.
In Gary we trust,

coyg

13Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 20:01

samhistory

samhistory

whoops

14Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 20:18

sirsmileriiii

A brilliant all round performance, all we need now is consistency into our next game and hopefully it will continue for the remainder of the season.

DON'T PANIC! Mr Hackett, DON'T PANIC!... Laughing

15Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 21:21

Old Codger

BETTER ! Much much better and much more like OUR Stour !

Could have been far more emphatic as Witton were not the strongest of teams to visit us this season, and they we're lucky to finish with 11 men on the field after some very questionable tactics. Tackles on Luke,Will, Leon and Kyle were very questionable at best.

That said the boys kept to their task and ran out worthy winners, thanks boys and very well done. And the bonus of a "cleano for Deano " !

As for MOM , overall for me it was Ex again ! Not a tackle out of place and he found a team mate more often than not with his clearance, great performance from the big man again, though Luke , Kyle (especially in the first half) and Chris ran him very close.
The play offs are not out of reach........COYG !!

16Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sat Jan 03 2015, 23:14

dave w

A good performance from the off. The opening goal could have been our third and 4-0 at half-time wouldn't have been flattering. The second half was a bit less impressive but six or seven-nil would have still been a fair reflection. Not having been to Rushall I can say that Witton were the poorest side I've seen in the league all season but you can only beat the opposition on the day.

Getting over 400 in on a cold afternoon just after Christmas was impressive and the away following was good as well; they certainly deserved better from their team. One final point - it was a typical day in the Shed; about forty first half and sixty second. Let's be honest, it's not a packed cauldron of noise most games so seats in there won't make much difference.

17Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sun Jan 04 2015, 15:58

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows,

LUKE BENBOW 10
Kayledon Brown 6
Exedus Geohaghon 5
Kyle Haynes 5
George Bowerman 2
Leon Broadhurst 2
Will Richards 1
Kieron Morris 1

Winner of the wine was LES BUTCHER.

Thanks to all who took part.

18Witton        Empty Re: Witton Sun Jan 04 2015, 23:02

Grassboys

An entertaining afternoon at Amblecote yesterday.....not necessarily 'technically' brilliant, but it's always the mistakes that make football matches interesting.

I can't profess to be a regular....(probably been to half the home league games this season)...but have really enjoyed the festive period watching the Halesowen, Rushall and Witton Albion games.

Obviously the team is in something of a transition - but even the best of managers have had to dismantle and rebuild occasionally.

If anything the club have over achieved in recent years......and now the expectation level deems anything less than promotion to the Conference as a disaster.

As a casual supporter, I say "enjoy the club for what it is" - win, lose or draw, its still a bloody great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum