Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frickley away

+5
Jack
Old Codger
oldhillglassboy
TRM
barnstoneworth
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frickley away Empty Frickley away Fri Feb 06 2015, 16:21

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

any word on a pitch inspection for this game? Suspect it's been as cold there as here and with their game last week postponed there must be some doubt about this one as well.

2Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Sat Feb 07 2015, 10:23

TRM

I'm told Frickley were confident last night, and I haven't heard anything to contradict that this morning. Nothing on Frickley's twitter or website as of now to confirm one way or the other.

You'd assume if it was doubtful in any way they'd say so!

3Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Sat Feb 07 2015, 21:16

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Disappointing outcome. Don't think I've seen Stour have so much possession with so little success for quite some time. Frickley grabbed their opportunity with the penalty and then hung on when they went down to 10 men. Some interesting decisions from the officials - I think they managed to upset both sets of players in equal measure. We just need to get clinical in front of goal again.

4Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Sat Feb 07 2015, 22:06

oldhillglassboy

I enjoy going to places I haven't been before and have done a few this season, unfortunately the 90 minutes between 3 and 5 has often been disapointing and frustrating, today it was so again.

A difficult pitch didn't make this a great spectacle and nor did some inconsistent refereeing. In the first half thought Smikle could have done better with the chance he had, the penalty was clear cut and was surprised a card of some sort wasn't produced.

Frickley where getting on top before the red card (also clear cut) but we never made much impression with the extra man and where indeted to a couple of good saves from Coleman at the other end. Morgan-Parker injected some life into our attack and was very close to getting on the end of one in the six yard box and the last minute scramble had the home supporters on the edge, they couldn't believe it hadn't gone in, neither could I! those moments just arn't falling for us at present.

Yet again we where unable to field the same side as the previous week and Canavan was badly missed today, I read recently the manager saying we might have to take a step back before moving forward again, sums it up I think.

After the brand spanking new of Stamford, today's venue was at the other end of the spectrum, not that there's anything wrong with that, the place reeked of history, similar to Shildon. In another time one could imagine the miners coming straight off shift and packing out those grass banks! considering the ground grading work we are undertaking, they have a lot to do on that score I think, which will be a shame in one way but such is progress.

5Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Sat Feb 07 2015, 22:17

Old Codger

Nice to get the thoughts of fans who made the long trip up t'north !
Thanks for posting.

Am getting a bit worried about Ex,
I am a big fan of his and we always seem to do better when his calming influence and experience are available to us. come back soon big man !

6Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Sun Feb 08 2015, 11:41

Jack

Jack
Admin

It was a very frustrating afternoon. We've all seen some pretty awful performances at times this season. This wasn't one of them. I can't think of a period of the game when they controlled it. Perhaps, five minutes at the start of the second half? Apart from that we really did control it. Up-to the final ball our link up play was excellent. It just never really sat for us. Apart from three chances I don't think we looked like scoring, despite controlling the game. The penalty seemed a fair enough decision, however, why Miles wasn't sent off and there's was, I really don't know. Their sending off was NEVER a sending off. Not one Stour fan behind the goal thought it was either. 1) The rule is GOAL SCORING OPP-Luke wasn't in a goal scoring position. 2) Even if people want to go on about 'Last Man'-the defender wasn't the last man. Utterly appalling decision that summed up the ref.

Very frustrating afternoon. Gary still believes we can make the play-offs? Well we're going to have to start winning games pretty soon.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

7Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Sun Feb 08 2015, 13:05

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jack wrote:Gary still believes we can make the play-offs? Well we're going to have to start winning games pretty soon.

Gary as manager has to say this, however I doubt that he believes it?

For me the play-offs went at the end of December, they're even further away now! I'm simply hoping for a top ten finish but not holding my breath. Sad

8Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Sun Feb 08 2015, 15:46

sirsmileriiii

Couldn't make the game yesterday, so I cannot really comment on that. But with regards to the remainder of the season I would personally be very happy if we finished in the top half of the table, after all it is our 1st season in this league.

And at least by then we'll know where we need to improve for next season.

9Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Mon Feb 09 2015, 13:48

brockmoor

brockmoor

What is this nonsense that I keep hearing about it being a new league?

It's a new league but the same level as previous seasons. Why do some posters make excuses for the poor performances of the team this season?

Do the Northern League teams play with 12 players and no-one has told us?

Am I right in thinking its 11 vs 11. We play with the same ball, on the same pitch and on the same grass?

At the end of the day the season up till now has been a big disappointment. What the league has to do with it I have no idea. Maybe you should look a few miles down the road at Lye Town. They have actually moved UP a level and seem to be doing okay. If their fans were saying 'well it's a different league' I could understand it but we are a the same level.

Yeah, lets all be happy with a top half finish! I'm sure Gary & he's team would have been happy with that at the start of the season! Rolling Eyes

10Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Mon Feb 09 2015, 13:50

Brian Handy

Man of the Match Voting was :

LEON BROADHURST 10 votes
Tyrone Williams 4
Josh Morgan-Parker 1
Kayelden Brown 1
Dayle Kenny 1
Sam Leigh (Frickley gk) 1

Winner of the wine was Jim McComish.

Thanks to all who took part.

11Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Mon Feb 09 2015, 23:02

sirsmileriiii

brockmoor wrote:What is this nonsense that I keep hearing about it being a new league?

It's a new league but the same level as previous seasons. Why do some posters make excuses for the poor performances of the team this season?

I have three simple points to make.

1) I've never said that this is a new league, I simply said it's our first season in this league which means we are playing new teams. Lye Town are a different team in a different league, which makes them totally irrelevant.

2) I've been following this team for 35 years, and I can assure you that there have been seasons in the past which were much worse than this one. Like the season we got relegated to the Alliance for one.

3) I have never made excuses for the teams poor performances, I have simply voiced my opinion on here like everyone else. And I've been doing this on the understanding that this forum was open to anyone. When I joined there was nothing that stated you can only post comments providing other members agree with what you say.

And finally going on the prophecies of doom that have been been spread around this forum about our so called terrible season, it's a good job I'm not a supporter of Belper Town otherwise I would have committed suicide well before christmas.

GOODBYE Mad

12Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Tue Feb 10 2015, 13:46

glassboypaul

sirsmileriiii wrote:
brockmoor wrote:What is this nonsense that I keep hearing about it being a new league?

1) I've never said that this is a new league, I simply said it's our first season in this league which means we are playing new teams.  Lye Town are a different team in a different league, which makes them totally irrelevant.

2) I've been following this team for 35 years, and I can assure you that there have been seasons in the past which were much worse than this one.  Like the season we got relegated to the Alliance for one.

3) I have never made excuses for the teams poor performances, I have simply voiced my opinion on here like everyone else.  And I've been doing this on the understanding that this forum was open to anyone.  When I joined there was nothing that stated you can only post comments providing other members agree with what you say.

And finally going on the prophecies of doom that have been been spread around this forum about our so called terrible season, it's a good job I'm not a supporter of Belper Town otherwise I would have committed suicide well before christmas.

GOODBYE Mad

Yet again someone is shot down in flames for having an opinion. This forum has gone down the drain. The top 3 or 4 regular contributors have all packed it in, and that speaks volumes.

This is a brand new league, where nearly every team - except Halesowen and Rushall - will be unfamiliar to us. We had years of experience of the SL - which teams were physical, which teams played good football, and so on. This is completely alien to us. We can't have a game plan based on knowledge of the opposition. There is no Match of the Day for endless analysis!

Clearly anyone who thinks this season is a disaster never witnessed the 1999/2000 season. That was depressing! I am not saying there are areas we can't improve on - of course there are - but to write off this season as some people have, and to not bother coming, is very short-sighted IN MY OPINION. We have had tremendous success over many seasons and people shouldn't expect it to carry on and on.

13Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Tue Feb 10 2015, 16:29

sirsmileriiii

That is the real problem.  Over the last few seasons we've had a lot of success, but now we're having a not so successful season people have pressed the panic button.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  This is non-league not premier league, and unlike most premier league teams we are not backed by a millionaire.  Which means we cannot solve all our problems simply by splashing the cash, and that in turn means it can take longer to get things right.

I am going to the WSC game tonight, and regardless of the result I will still enjoy it. Even if I do freeze my nuts off in the process Wink

14Frickley away Empty Re: Frickley away Thu Feb 12 2015, 19:08

brockmoor

brockmoor

sirsmileriiii wrote:

1) I've never said that this is a new league, I simply said it's our first season in this league which means we are playing new teams.  Lye Town are a different team in a different league, which makes them totally irrelevant.

2) I've been following this team for 35 years, and I can assure you that there have been seasons in the past which were much worse than this one.  Like the season we got relegated to the Alliance for one.

3) I have never made excuses for the teams poor performances, I have simply voiced my opinion on here like everyone else.  And I've been doing this on the understanding that this forum was open to anyone.  When I joined there was nothing that stated you can only post comments providing other members agree with what you say.

GOODBYE Mad

Firstly, Lye aren't irrelevant as I mentioned them as an example
Secondly, Not sure why the length of time being a supporter, has anything to do with it. I have been a supporter for 37 years and seen many poor teams.
Thirdly, I simply voiced my opinion and like you was of the understanding that it was an open forum where you could do just that.

GOODBYE Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum