Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frickley Athletic

+8
redpike
stour_boy
Jack
glassboypaul
brockmoor
Aled
Tricky Tree
baz
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Frickley Athletic Empty Frickley Athletic Thu Oct 23 2014, 12:28

baz

Can't make Saturday if anyone wants my ticket?

2Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Thu Oct 23 2014, 15:18

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Likewise.

3Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Fri Oct 24 2014, 14:00

Aled

Nor me, not DA. Looks like a big gate!

4Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Fri Oct 24 2014, 17:04

brockmoor

brockmoor

I'm going to be 'entertained' at Lye Town.

5Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Fri Oct 24 2014, 17:18

glassboypaul

Are you primarily a Lye fan then Brockmoor, or is there another reason why you're not coming?

6Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Fri Oct 24 2014, 17:18

Jack

Jack
Admin

Another.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

7Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Fri Oct 24 2014, 18:29

brockmoor

brockmoor

glassboypaul wrote:Are you primarily a Lye fan then Brockmoor, or is there another reason why you're not coming?

I have always had 3 teams in my life and I have supported them all about the same amount of time, around 40 years!

I have found the entertainment value at 'Stour' this season very low. Although Lye Town play at a lower level of course, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them in the past few seasons.

Last month I witnessed a superb game of football which Lye won 5-4 vs Shepshed after being 4-0 down with around 25 mins to go. I would have happily paid £100 for that afternoons entertainment.

All I want is to be entertained, sadly at Stour this has rarely been the case of late.

Therefore its Lye for me tomorrow, but I wish Stour all the best and I shall be keeping a close eye on social media as the afternoon progresses.

8Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Fri Oct 24 2014, 23:39

Aled

Woe betide you if we catch you coming out of the grove fella!

9Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 02:40

brockmoor

brockmoor

That will NEVER happen.

No

10Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 15:35

stour_boy

stour_boy

Today's team:

Coleman
Haynes KRD McCone Knight
Fitzpatrick Richards Canavan
Smikle Hales Brown

11Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 15:36

stour_boy

stour_boy

Subs:

Till Gueyes Morgan-Parker Francis Berwick

12Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 15:37

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-0 Hales

13Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 15:37

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-0 Fitzpatrick

14Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 15:47

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-0 HT

15Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 16:28

stour_boy

stour_boy

Knight sent off - foul on last man. Penalty to Frickley

16Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 16:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-1

17Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 16:35

stour_boy

stour_boy

Berwick on for Canavan

18Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 16:42

stour_boy

stour_boy

Till on for Smikle

19Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 16:53

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-1 FT

20Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:38

glassboypaul

Good win in the end, though the second half didn't go as we might have scripted it after going down to 10 men.

Two lovely goals, and an all-round positive team performance led by McCone at the back.

Bit backs to the wall in the final stages but they didn't really have any significant changes to equalise.

Have to say their fans & management were some of the most unpleasant to come to Amblecote in a long while. I suppose I should have expected it from an ex-mining tip, but my goodness they were irritating, appealing for every throw in, calling for a foul for every single header, blaming the referee and linesman constantly, foul language - you name it, they did it!

Anyway it's 3 points and that's the main thing. Onwards to Tuesday night where I hope to be there.

Well done to all the players on a good team effort.

21Frickley Athletic Empty Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:45

redpike

A welcome 3 points against a poor Frickley team that, apart from the penalty, never really threatened our goal, even though we were under pressure when down to 10 men.

Most of the first half saw us dominate play and we fully deserved to be 2 - 0 up at the break. We never really woke up until the sending-off incident and then the game became interesting, shall we say.

A fairly good team performance with Jordan, never a player that I'd rated until this season, my MOM. He will be missed when suspended.

Good to see Paul McCone back - his leadership skills are and will be very important.

Of course, Ben was missed, particularly up front. However, no one is indispensable. At times, I do think that the team and us, the fans, came to rely too much on Ben doing something special. Bearing in mind other absentees from today's game ie Leon, Louis and Luke, it's good to see our team doing well.

22Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:57

baz

Sounds like a deserved 3 points,had updates off Andy Hill but as usual no full time result! Lol,should be there Tuesday,have been past the M6 turn off for Nantwich today,took 1hr 20mins with a clear road!

23Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 18:21

oldhillglassboy

A good team performance against a very limited Frickley team.  Two Excellent first half goals, with hales being impresive in that period, the match was pretty much sewn up until the clear cut penalty and red card, I think hauling the bloke down pretty much on the goalline counts as denying a goalscoring opportunity! Knight would have been better off conceding the goal, he'd had another good game up until that point. It became a bit frenetic after that and I could all too easily see us conceding an eqauliser, Colemans mad dash to the edge of the box and then clearance from left back was a squeeky bum moment and it looked a decent penalty shout involving Mccone.
Anything other than 3 points would have felt like a defeat as they didn't create anything, Brown should have had two and we do need to take more of the chances we create.

Some poor refereeing in the second half even discounting the letter of the law bookings, the Hales one was ridiculous though i'm sure technically correct, a bit of common sense wouldn't have gone amiss.

My first sataurday game at Amblecote this season, even allowing for the Albion being at home the crowd was disapointing.

24Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 19:04

Paranoid Android

Excellent first half performance.
Both goals were really well taken with some sublime build up play.

However 2nd half we never got going and seemed to retreat into our shells.
We desperately needed some fresh legs but the substitutions were well overdue.

Man of the match by far was Will Richards with an impressive display from Fitz too.

25Frickley Athletic Empty Re: Frickley Athletic Sat Oct 25 2014, 21:28

PhilC

My first match of the season, and pleasantly surprised first half. Did our best to make a game of it second half but fortunately Frickley were too poor to take advantage.

Thought the midfield central three did well, especially first half. Maybe the responsibility of having to step up will bring the best out of them. Plenty to build on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum