Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stamford-Away

+6
Jane.N
UlsterJim
Old Codger
oldhillglassboy
dave w
sirsmileriiii
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stamford-Away Empty Stamford-Away Sat Jan 24 2015, 17:37

Jack

Jack
Admin

We won 3-2

Moan away, folks. Very Happy Rolling Eyes

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sat Jan 24 2015, 18:56

Baggiestour

Just for glassboypaul, good win today, let's hope we have turned the corner.
Tut tut tut jack

3Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sat Jan 24 2015, 20:52

sirsmileriiii

Was at the game today, and apart from conceding a 2 goal lead there wasn't anything to complain about.

Considering our injury crisis at the moment it was an excellent performance, helped by the fact stamford missed most of their chances.

An excellent day out all round Very Happy

4Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sat Jan 24 2015, 21:06

Old Codger

sirsmileriiii wrote:Was at the game today, and apart from conceding a 2 goal lead there wasn't anything to complain about.

Considering our injury crisis at the moment it was an excellent performance, helped by the fact stamford missed most of their chances.

An excellent day out all round Very Happy

Thanks for sharing this with us SS4..... Was Fitz subbed tactically or because of injury ?
We need another injury like a hole in the head !
I was pinned to the SFC Twitter updates and at 2-2 began to fear the worst.
A welcome 3 points and good to break the recent away run of defeats, and yet another new signing.....loan or permanent ?
The next 5 games are crucial because 4 are against teams currently below us plus the return fixture with Grantham ( which I think we can win ) and a decent run could see us right back amongst the play off hopefuls.
Can't wait for next Saturday. COYG !!

5Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sat Jan 24 2015, 21:27

dave w

I was hoping for this to be postponed. I'd got the day planned; cheapish train fares, a good town to stroll around and another to stop off on the way back. It was even one of this rare occurrences when there was a gettable train midweek. Bloody selfish wives and their last-minute eye surgery.

Well done to the team by the way.

6Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sat Jan 24 2015, 22:22

oldhillglassboy

A hard fought win and an excellent day out, Stamford really is a wonderful place to while away a few hours.

An excellent game with plenty of incident, at last i've seen us win away after several attempts this season! it was clear both sides had been struggling and the defending wasn't always great. For the first goal Brown was half way down to the floor being pulled by the defender, but still managed to put it away, the second was a good move finished by Smikle (who was excellent I thought) and we where controlling the game after half an hour then suddenly it was 2-2! A goalmouth scramble for the first and an excellent finish fired from the edge of the box for the second, although we could have done more to prevent him getting the shot away.

The big guy who scored that goal caused us all sorts of problems in the second period and missed two or three good chances, as Stamford put us under constant pressure, but the Stourbridge players all put a shift in and worked hard. The introduction of Benbow was key (thought he would be out for a while after last week) whose hustle and bustle created the chance for Brown to fire home, againnt the run of the half really. It wasn't vintage, and we rode our luck but 3 much needed points.

Only the 4th game at this ground and all very modern (and bland!), good facilities, although being in a field right on the outskirts it was a 40 minute walk from the station, as opposed to the previous ground which I went and had a look at, which was 60 yards from the station! All still intact at the moment, it looked ramshackle from the outside as opposed to the new place but I find it a bit sad that clubs leave somewhere very close to the centre of the place they represent to go out into the sticks.

I know Stourbridge have been looking at new sites on and off for 20 years but no location would be as close to the town (and as visible) as Amblecote, a new ground for us would probably end up in a location like today (stourbridge and DK rugby clubs spring to mind also).

7Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 00:04

Jack

Jack
Admin

Would it be right to assume Luke has politely turned down Redditch?

8Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 10:30

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Jack wrote:Would it be right to assume Luke has politely turned down Redditch?

I would say that is a fair assumption.

A good day out yesterday at a tidy nice new ground. It was a strange game, we were coasting it at 2 nil, but you knew as soon as they got the first how the game was going to go.

At least we got a bit of luck in the second half as they squandered a number of chances before we scored the winner. Benbow's chipped pass to Browny for the winner was sublime and Luke probably should have scored a 4th in the last minute when through one on one with the keeper, but that would have been very harsh on The Daniels.

Hopefully yesterday's result can kick start the season again and you never know a play off position might still be attainable.

Strange to see myself, Les and Happy Hammer all sober at an away game. Might have to do it more often!

http://www.nibadges.com

9Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:29

Old Codger

Jack wrote:Would it be right to assume Luke has politely turned down Redditch?

Having to come off after just 7 minutes last week might have put Redditch off, or maybe he did politely decline their kind offer .
Either way he is still here and that's the main thing as far as I am concerned.
Previous reports on this thread have indicated that he had an impact when he came on yesterday.
Oh how we need a fully functioning Luke for the run in , those 8 goals in 3 matches seem a long time ago !

10Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:35

Old Codger

Jack wrote:We won 3-2

Moan away, folks. Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Don't look like you got any takers Jack.
All very positive on this thread.......or am I tempting fate ?

11Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 16:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

I think the lack of posts from individuals says it all.

12Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 18:06

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Jack wrote:I think the lack of posts from individuals says it all.

How come you didn't go yesterday Jack?

http://www.nibadges.com

13Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 19:30

Jane.N

That will be because it's been weeks since payday!! January is a long old month!

14Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 21:18

Aled

I reckon he's had enough. Not been the same since Geddes left, rats deserting a sinking ship blah blah

15Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Sun Jan 25 2015, 22:11

Jack

Jack
Admin

Yep. The loss of Geddes after he'd scored all 30 of our 30 goals against Whitby was the final straw. How the board are able to walk the streets without feeling ashamed is beyond me.

#StourbridgeOUT

16Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Mon Jan 26 2015, 07:35

Baggiestour

Is that a pop at me by any chance?

17Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Mon Jan 26 2015, 09:21

Jack

Jack
Admin

Nope, just some light-hearted banter-BS. Very Happy

18Stamford-Away Empty Re: Stamford-Away Mon Jan 26 2015, 13:21