Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kyle Haynes to Worcester City?

+19
scoop
sirsmileriiii
village
Old Codger
redpike
dave w
Baggiestour
TRM
PhilC
Tricky Tree
Jack
glassboypaul
lyelad
Nath
Jane.N
stour_boy
brockmoor
Clive
Devil's Advocate
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 20:15

Devil's Advocate

I hear they've put a 7day approach in for him.

Surprised tbh,I can think of a few others that i'd have put ahead of him.

2Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 21:05

Clive

Now, let me guess who you've been talking too? A choice of 1 person come to mind!

3Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 21:16

Devil's Advocate

And your point is?

4Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 21:26

Clive

Sometimes it's better to stay silent! Brain mouth opening before engage!

5Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 21:33

Devil's Advocate

Players talk,loads of us knew days ago there was a 7 day approach in for one of our players.
Once 7 days is in the rumours do the rounds,it's the way things are.
This forum is "unofficial",rumour and banter are the order if the day,nobody forces anybody to read it or contribute.

If I'm wrong just say?

6Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 21:39

brockmoor

brockmoor

Devil....

Play the game will ya!

You must go through the proper official channels before you comment on a unofficial discussion forum!

Laughing

7Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 21:59

stour_boy

stour_boy

I heard on Saturday that no such approach had been received, as of Saturday. Whether anything has been received subsequently to Saturday I couldn't say.

8Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 22:01

stour_boy

stour_boy

PS haven't Worcester lost their right back? Could be to cover that loss, if it's true.

9Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Mon Jan 05 2015, 22:03

Devil's Advocate

That's why I put a ? In the title SB,loads of rumours doing the rounds amongst the fans,I was convinced it'd be Benbow or Will who they were after.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Fans forums are all about this sort of stuff.

10Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Tue Jan 06 2015, 14:26

Jane.N

I had heard it was Chris Knight...... what do I know though. Rolling Eyes Razz

11Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Tue Jan 06 2015, 17:42

Nath

I must agree with DA on this point. Why should people not be allowed to comment on what they hear? Why can't people be allowed to discuss rumours? Why should there be a club enforced silence? What is the big secret?

All this just takes us back to prior to the open meeting debate a few weeks ago when the club appeared very dictatorial. It does nothing whatsoever to help relations between club and supporters when you have a loyal supporter like DA being told that he should be staying silent! And all for what?? For having the audacity to bring up a topical conversation about potential comings and goings. Hardly crime of the century is it.

12Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:53

lyelad

Agree with DA and Nath you can only comment on what you hear, be it rumour or most times the truth. I go on this forum to find out what is being said, and enjoy listening to comments made by the supporters who care for our club. I do think it would be boring if we could not write what we hear, and if it was only a rumour then so what! It creates discussion and interest, if we are wrong then the comment gets shot down which is only fair, but thats what forums are for.

13Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Tue Jan 06 2015, 20:17

glassboypaul

I totally agree. This is exactly the place to discuss rumours, hearsay etc. It doesn't matter if anyone turns out to be wrong - it's still interesting to discuss it on here.

I'm sure everyone on here would hold their hands up and retract comments if proved to be untrue - but it would be a very boring place if we all quoted official club announcements!

Also I don't think I've ever learnt anything new from the official club announcements. They tend to lag far behind other clubs and internet forums in my experience.

14Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Tue Jan 06 2015, 20:25

brockmoor

brockmoor

Think it's a case of 'a little power' going to someone's head!

To be honest I think it's quite ridiculous that someone from the club is asking a fan to 'pipe down' on a discussion forum about a small rumour. Crying or Very sad

15Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Tue Jan 06 2015, 20:31

Nath

glassboypaul wrote:I totally agree. This is exactly the place to discuss rumours, hearsay etc. It doesn't matter if anyone turns out to be wrong - it's still interesting to discuss it on here.

I'm sure everyone on here would hold their hands up and retract comments if proved to be untrue - but it would be a very boring place if we all quoted official club announcements!

Also I don't think I've ever learnt anything new from the official club announcements. They tend to lag far behind other clubs and internet forums in my experience.

Absolutely right, our club just seem to tell us what they want us to hear and when they want us to hear it. It's becoming more and more like a secret society running the club. While on the subject,if I'm not wrong, isn't the club meant to theoretically 'owned' by club members? I.e. season ticket holders and those who have taken out club membership? If so, then why the bloody hell can't the supporters have a free right to say what they bloody well want to about THEIR club.

16Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Tue Jan 06 2015, 21:53

Jack

Jack
Admin

In fairness the club have every right to tell us "When they want us to hear it".

I don't agree with rumours being quashed, however on official announcement, the club are under no obligation to tell us ASAP. It'd be naive too. When the information is up for release and it's an appropriate time it gets released.

I agree with your sentiment in a way Nath, however at the same time also find it slightly perverse that for me, fans like yourself want to move from this 'cliquey' set up, to an even cliqieur' one, imo. The club has to move on. It cannot be one that every piece of news is accessible over a pint. Many of it still is, but its a business now. Love it or loathe it. We have to be more professional.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

17Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 07:46

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Why does it "have" to be more professional?

18Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 08:00

Jack

Jack
Admin

Because we are not in the Midland Alliance anymore. This is a club that want to get as high into the pyramid as they can. With that comes responsibility. Perfect example, a transfer (which didn't happen) got rumbled to people when it shouldn't have. It could potentially have led to a sticky situation for the club. These plans for expansion. Would you rather see them when the board thought of them over a curry for example, or when we have permission?

Some people need to wake up unfortunately. You cannot have it both ways. You either want that community feel-which was just as cliquey, I may add-but that means not expanding as a club. Or it means you take up the clubs offers of when we all have chance to talk them. Starting tomorrow, and let the club grow as they need too.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

19Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 08:16

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

You and your mom both say that you preferred it when you first started watching stour with crowds less than 200,how far do you actually want to see stour progress?

I reckon that's the last we see of Clive on here.

20Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 09:07

glassboypaul

Tricky Tree wrote:Why does it "have" to be more professional?

I agree the board has to be more professional than in the past if we have aspirations of promotion (jumping through hoops, pleasing the right people etc.) but is it that professional to come onto an unofficial forum and react negatively to what was more of a question/conversation starter than a statement of fact from DA? I can't for the life of me see what the issue is with DA's initial post.

I don't see why the club can't be "professional", as everyone keeps talking about, but at the same time not appear to keep telling the fans what they can and can't think/say!

It's true that a very very small minority of people on here only come on to have a bash at the management team after one bad defeat, but that's not a valid reason to then have a dig at everyone else.

21Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 09:33

PhilC

Jack wrote:Because we are not in the Midland Alliance anymore. This is a club that want to get as high into the pyramid as they can. With that comes responsibility. Perfect example, a transfer (which didn't happen) got rumbled to people when it shouldn't have. It could potentially have led to a sticky situation for the club. These plans for expansion. Would you rather see them when the board thought of them over a curry for example, or when we have permission?

Some people need to wake up unfortunately. You cannot have it both ways. You either want that community feel-which was just as cliquey, I may add-but that means not expanding as a club. Or it means you take up the clubs offers of when we all have chance to talk them. Starting tomorrow, and let the club grow as they need too.

agree with this 100%

22Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 09:34

PhilC

Tricky Tree wrote:I reckon that's the last we see of Clive on here.

And this!! Wink

23Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 10:00

Clive

It won't, don't worry!

24Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 10:09

Jane.N

Tricky Tree wrote:You and your mom both say that you preferred it when you first started watching stour with crowds less than 200,how far do you actually want to see stour progress?

Woah, woah Dow goo bringing me into this!

But seeing as you have.......... Wink what I personally like and what the club want may be two different things and as such my views are irrelevant. I make no apologies of saying I preferred life back a few years ago (even though I got accused of having no ambition in any aspect of my life!!) But that could be down to many factors.

At times the club has talked possibly to individuals before maybe they should - think they still do mind, and maybe that's where we need to be more professional. Have not spoken to him but I guess that's what Jack means??

For what it's worth I think it was an error or judgement for Clive to make those comments - nothing personal - as I think the starting point for this thread are EXACTLY what a forum is all about. Wink

25Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Empty Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? Wed Jan 07 2015, 10:33

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jane.N wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:You and your mom both say that you preferred it when you first started watching stour with crowds less than 200,how far do you actually want to see stour progress?

Woah, woah Dow goo bringing me into this!

But seeing as you have.......... Wink  what I personally like and what the club want may be two different things and as such my views are irrelevant. I make no apologies of saying I preferred life back a few years ago (even though I got accused of having no ambition in any aspect of my life!!) But that could be down to many factors.

At times the club has talked possibly to individuals before maybe they should - think they still do mind, and maybe that's where we need to be more professional. Have not spoken to him but I guess that's what Jack means??

For what it's worth I think it was an error or judgement for Clive to make those comments - nothing personal - as I think the starting point for this thread are EXACTLY what a forum is all about. Wink

Yeh Clive. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum