Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jordan Murphy at Worcester City.

+3
baz
Devil's Advocate
Tricky Tree
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:19

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Come on then.....let's have some thoughts on this one!!!

2Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:30

Devil's Advocate

I've just heard this news via a few of the other lads after Andy Hill texted them about it.

If true it's an absolute joke,another kick in the nuts for the supporter's and the many of us who thought this lad was a real find,his movement and quality would be obvious to Stevie Wonder!

Youth doesn't get a chance at Stour,i just can't see the point of the age group sides and the youth team.

Dave King seems able to pull out an absolute gem from each crop of youngsters he brings through yet nobody ever then get's a run in the first team whereas the perennial underachievers seem able to maintain their position infinitum.

I have to say that this news about Jordan has really depressed and annoyed me,to lose him for nothing to Walsall was bad enough but to then be usurped by Worcester City when he goes out on loan is utterly staggering,especially considering the paucity of our attacking option's at present.

Surely something could have been put in place to ensure that IF Walsall were to loan him out then he's come back to us,maybe it was and maybe we turned down the chance Mad

More likely that we were seen as a poor option by Walsall due to our awful track record of giving youngster's a decent crack of the whip and that Worcester would play him and advance his development.

A really,really bad day for our club in my opinion.

Good luck to Jordan though,i wish the lad well,i'm looking forward to seeing him playing league football within a couple of years.

3Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:44

baz

Having watched Jordan 20-30 times over the last few seasons the lad had ability,pace etc by the bucket full,this is very disappointing news gone to Worcester on loan and not Stour,I am sure he would of got more game time at Stour as well,maybe there is a reason behind this, time will tell!

4Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:49

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Absolutely spot on devil.
In the couple of times I saw him play last season I thought he definitely had potential.... What is going on???

5Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 15:50

Jack

Jack
Admin

We simply don't know what has happened. So to say x, y & Z is premature. IF Gary & co simply don't fancy him in the current situation so be it, and I'd be inclined to agree with them. One thing I do know is that you cannot sign a player until he is 18. By the time is he was 18 he had multiple League clubs after him. What are the club meant to do? Offer him a higher deal? They did that. His head was turned. It's unfortunate but thats life. The same goes for the lad who went to Brentford.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

6Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 17:34

Baggiestour

You are quite right jack .BUT. I think the main problem here is that the youngsters don't get a look in, we keep bringing in players who are proven at our level and slightly lower,then we tend to make them worse. How many players can you mention who have come to stourbridge over the last few years and can honestly say they have improved.
I was told last year by a club member that youth was the way to go in the future, well I for one am still waiting to see it.
DA yet again you make perfect sense

7Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 17:49

Jack

Jack
Admin

I agree with that to an extent BS, however again, we don't know the whole story regarding Jordan. Many kids our age have jobs midweek, many of us have stressful Monday to Fridays with college. I don't know if any of those are the case with Jordan, who knows? More to the point though, last year when would you have played him? We went on an excellent run from Feb/March onwards, would you have trusted him at Chesham in April? Or Poole away? YES the younger lads need game time with us, but the game time wasn't really there for him due to the nature of the season.

8Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:14

Baggiestour

No I wouldn't have played him at chesham or Poole but we never had him on the bench either.
You haven't answered my question yet jack

9Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:24

Baggiestour

Most of the youth team could have played in the worc senior cup, bham senior cup and even our own league cup if we had entered it, because at the end of it all does it really matter if we win or loose in these cups, I personally don't think so, it's more important to get them game time.
We don't do that , we play our strongest team , why???

10Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

Ben, Macca, Rowey, Benbow, Gedds. 5 without even having to think.

11Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Sat Oct 04 2014, 18:11

Devil's Advocate

A very promising debut by Jordan today so i hear,well done to him.

Another cracking goal by Geddes as well,the winner as it happens Shocked

Great to see him blossoming,wasted at our level and sure to go a good deal higher i think.

12Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Sat Oct 04 2014, 20:10

Baggiestour

Hey DA, Sean thanks you for the nice comments

13Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Sun Oct 05 2014, 22:36

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Youth doesn't get a chance at Stour,i just can't see the point of the age group sides and the youth team.

Dave King seems able to pull out an absolute gem from each crop of youngsters he brings through yet nobody ever then get's a run in the first team whereas the perennial underachievers seem able to maintain their position infinitum.

I've said this before but at the moment our youth set up is pointless. Without a reserve or under-21 team, once they reach 18 there's nowhere for them to go, except to head off to Causeway, Lye, Gornal, etc. so the biggest beneficiaries of our youth system are other local teams.

14Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Sun Oct 05 2014, 22:38

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Jack wrote: One thing I do know is that you cannot sign a player until he is 18.

That can't be right. I'm sure Rooney was on contract at Everton when he was 16. Walcott played for Arsenal's first team at 17, as did IIRC Owen at Liverpool. And don't Ajax sign players from about 11 upwards?

15Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Empty Re: Jordan Murphy at Worcester City. Wed Oct 08 2014, 16:07

stour_boy

stour_boy

Can't blame Jordan or the club management IMHO for him choosing to join firstly a league club, then a higher ranked non-league club for a loan spell. For someone who went for trials at two Championship clubs in the summer, for him to choose us over Walsall, and then us over Worcester, seems highly unlikely.

I certainly wouldn't have passed up the chance to sign for a League One side at that age regardless of my loyalty to Stour or regardless of the offer they put on the table.

Best of luck to him, and it's a shame he didn't get more opportunities last season (which I think is what has frustrated some) but our side at the tail end of last season was pretty settled as we fought for the last play-off berth, would have been tough to choose someone to come out of the side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum