Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Skelmersdale

+9
oldhillglassboy
samhistory
zippy
Tricky Tree
redpike
Devil's Advocate
Jack
sirsmileriiii
stour_boy
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Skelmersdale Empty Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 09:04

stour_boy

stour_boy

Just been de-icing my car and had a horrible thought - is today's game in any danger?

2Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 09:30

sirsmileriiii

If there is any danger, it usually comes from the side by the stands that doesn't get the sun on it to defrost it.

As we can't install under-soil heating, we need some moles with candles on their heads Laughing

3Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 11:08

Jack

Jack
Admin

It'll be fine. Don't you worry.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

4Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 11:25

Devil's Advocate

Is under soil heating not a part of the new 4000 capacity stadium plans!!?

Shame on the club,what a disgrace!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lets hope for some sunny

5Skelmersdale Empty Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 17:23

redpike

A good, close game played in the right spirit between two evenly-matched teams, decided by an exquisite free kick from Drew.

Each one of our players gave a hard-working performance with good football at times.

We just lacked a cutting edge in front of goal, perhaps asking too much of Josh upfront on his own.

MOM was difficult too choose with many contenders including Dean, Will and Leon but gave my vote to Kyle.

6Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 17:40

Devil's Advocate

redpike wrote:
A good, close game played in the right spirit between two evenly-matched teams, decided by an exquisite free kick from Drew.

Each one of our players gave a hard-working performance with good football at times.

We just lacked a cutting edge in front of goal, perhaps asking too much of Josh upfront on his own.

MOM was difficult too choose with many contenders including Dean, Will and Leon but gave my vote to Kyle.

I agree with old Redpike's comment's ( nice to know who you are finally Laughing )

Coleman was a my motm but Will or the returning Morris or Knighty could easily have been given it.

What a breath of fresh air to have the pace,movement and enthusiasm of Josh upfront rather than just lumping it to a lump like we have been doing.

I actually expected Drew to score from the free kick,i proclaimed him "The Stourbridge Messi" as he lined it up and was shot down by Tricky who stated it would "hit the wall" Mad

Drew played well again and the goal was exquisite.

I'm just glad to see us get back to playing football again with the ball on the ground,at times we played some very nice stuff.

We do need to find a few away results now though and some consistency but all in all,a good afternoon's entertainment.

7Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 18:33

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Yep....I was glad to be wrong,belting free kick.
Really decent football at times today, let's play that way all the time please.

8Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:33

zippy

I was glad to see us passing the ball well and really getting stuck into Skelmersdale.
Not sure how they got to the top judging by the performance but they are top (for now) so they must have done something before today that they didn't do today or we just got it tactically right.
Different age range of visiting fans today, most seemed over 50 but they were a good bunch.

MOM for me was Exodus, any balls came near him he dealt with 99% of time and the ball went back up the field.
Paul McCone...sorry who?

9Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:44

sirsmileriiii

An excellent all round performance today. And it also shows us that if we hadn't lost Luke earlier in the season to injury, things could have been a lot different.

I know I will probably regret saying this, but hopefully today's win will this time be the start of better things. Especially as we've begun to see players returning from injury.

10Skelmersdale Empty Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:52

samhistory

samhistory

Pleasing and efficient performance from everyone. Thought the atmosphere was better in the second half attacking the shed, it would be a shame to put seats in there, was anything said on Thursday night about putting a seated stand at the church end and if so what sort of cost would it be, i think this would give the ground a better atmosphere with less of an open end.

11Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 20:16

oldhillglassboy

A cracking game, played with high tempo from the off, we played really well in the first half, pinning them down and the goal was a great free kick, myself and others nearby where half expecting Canavan to score! he couldn't have placed it any better.

Skelmersdale upped the tempo another level at the start of the second half and 3 cracking saves from Coleman helped us weather the storm, and I did fear a late kick in the teeth given our lack of clean sheets (only the fifth this season today), they probably deserved a point too.  Knight and Richards where superb today and Geohaghon made two very well timed last ditch tackles in the box, It surprised some, but after his great goal on tuesday, I was not at all surprised to see Morgan-Parker start today and he aquited himself well, two home grown youth players starting for the first team, (Morris played well also), with the structure the club is putting in place, hopefully we will see more of them in the future.

An excellent advertisement for non league football and on that point (and off topic), Hitchin had 1606 against Poole today, 1300 of who where involved in a protest march from the town (including the players!) to save Top Field, an 89th minute winner also being in the script! a great venue too.

12Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 20:33

dave w

I thought it was a bit scrappy, but we were well worth the win and if Skem are towards the top of the league we haven't got much to worry about. Losing a couple of players, regardless of their individual ability, might have improved team spirit.

After the debate about crowds last week a gate of 412 on a cold afternoon in December was highly impressive and it was odd to see three people I haven't seen for years had all turned up separately.

13Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sat Dec 06 2014, 20:47

Brian Handy

Excellent team performance with all players playing their part and giving 100%.

Man of the Match voting was;

DREW CANAVAN 10 votes

Dean Coleman 9 votes

Keiron Morris
Exedus Geohaghon All 2 votes
Will Richards
Josh Morgan-Parker

Chris Knight
Kyle Harris both 1 vote

Wine was won by TERRY WOOD

Thanks to all who took part.

14Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sun Dec 07 2014, 01:15

Aled

Hard fought win that. Thoroughly committed effort today, thought we were the better side throughout, they looked organised (don't they all), certainly can't see them staying top much longer. Up the Glassboys!

15Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sun Dec 07 2014, 11:41

Old Codger

Thought we were great value for the win yesterday, everybody played a blinder, but for me Ex was outstanding.
Also thought Kieran slotted in straight away, he could do a lot worse than get his experience playing in tandem with Big Ex !
Proof once again that we play much better on the ground, rather than the "Barwell method" of Route flippin' one !
We always looked dangerous when we got Kyle away down the wing, and full marks to Josh for another super full on 100% game, bet he slept well last night.
As for Drews fk, wow, we have certainly scored some class goals of late what with that one & Josh's belter last Tuesday.
Keep it going boys pleeease !!!

16Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Sun Dec 07 2014, 12:02

Jack

Jack
Admin

Excellent win yesterday. It was much more like the proper Stour. Good football and being able to beat anyone at home. I thought Josh and George did very well together as a pair, it's great to see a local lad come through the youth setup.

Ex is embarrassingly too good for this level. I just hope we can keep hold of him for as long as possible.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

17Skelmersdale Empty Re: Skelmersdale Mon Dec 08 2014, 10:55

stour_boy

stour_boy

Video highlights now at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnWh3N5QKDM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum