Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup 4Q draw

+2
brockmoor
stour_boy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 09:25

stour_boy

stour_boy

Any predictions / wishes?

I predict Leamington / Worcester City Very Happy

2FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 10:19

brockmoor

brockmoor

A home draw, and hopefully will miss Conference Premier sides.

We have to beat Shildon first of course.

3FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 10:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

Norton United v Shildon/Stourbridge

4FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 10:45

Jack

Jack
Admin

Just the draw I wanted. Do the job tomorrow first.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

5FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 10:46

stour_boy

stour_boy

Can't complain. ANOTHER away draw but another lower league team. They are mid-table in the Evo-Stik division 1 south after being promoted from the league below for this season.

Ironically last time we placed them was at home in the FA Cup and they won 3-1 when we were back in the MFA. We were 1-0 up but they came back to win 3-1. Scott Gennard scored if I remember rightly. We've come a hell of a long way since then!

6FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 11:15

Devil's Advocate

We must be the luckiest non league side in the country over the last five years when it comes to FA Cup draws,it's almost as if we're being allowed to pick out the ball of our choice time after time Laughing

On the two occasions we've pulled out tough competition in the draw we've played Telford and Leamington and got knocked out but in our runs to the first round proper and so far this season the draw has been very,very kind to us.

I'm not going to knock a bit of good luck,it's vital to have to progress in any cup but i hope we don't get ahead of ourselves because until Benbow is fit i have no confidence in our ability to score goals at present.

If we can beat Shildon the away following at Norton should be extremely good.

COYG.

7FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 11:59

You must be careful DA. The last two rounds we have been drawn against lower league opposition, and both times we've needed a replay. Yes the draws have been kind to us, but we've got to make it count and do it first time instead of relying on replays.

At least it's fairly local compared to the previous rounds, just a pity it's away again Rolling Eyes

8FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 12:02

Devil's Advocate wrote:We must be the luckiest non league side in the country over the last five years when it comes to FA Cup draws,it's almost as if we're being allowed to pick out the ball of our choice time after time Laughing

In that case who keeps picking Stevenage then Wink

9FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 12:20

Devil's Advocate

sirsmilerIII wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:We must be the luckiest non league side in the country over the last five years when it comes to FA Cup draws,it's almost as if we're being allowed to pick out the ball of our choice time after time Laughing

In that case who keeps picking Stevenage then Wink

Gary Laughing Laughing

He loves Westley affraid

10FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 13:00

Jack

Jack
Admin

As DA says if we win tomorrow, we should be taking multiple coaches. Really hope we win tomorrow as I'm buzzing for this away. COYGB.

11FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 14:10

dave w

A draw like this should help us tomorrow as well, because I can't see Shildon being as up for the chance of playing Norton as they would if it was one of the big Conference teams.

12FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 14:31

brockmoor

brockmoor

dave w wrote:A draw like this should help us tomorrow as well, because I can't see Shildon being as up for the chance of playing Norton as they would if it was one of the big Conference teams.

I would suggest the opposite to be honest?

Don't you think the fact that if they can get a result against us, they have a very winnable game to reach 1st Round Proper for their third time.

I think tomorrow will be very tough, but it is in our own hands and we will never get a better opportunity to reach the First Round again.

13FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 15:28

dave w

brockmoor wrote:
dave w wrote:A draw like this should help us tomorrow as well, because I can't see Shildon being as up for the chance of playing Norton as they would if it was one of the big Conference teams.

Don't you think the fact that if they can get a result against us, they have a very winnable game to reach 1st Round Proper for their third time.

I think tomorrow will be very tough, but it is in our own hands and we will never get a better opportunity to reach the First Round again.

Away against a higher-ranked club, in Stoke. It's not an easy one, nor is it glamorous. I think it falls perfectly between two stools for us.

14FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 17:14

Devil's Advocate

dave w wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

Away against a higher-ranked club, in Stoke. It's not an easy one, nor is it glamorous. I think it falls perfectly between two stools for us.

Norton struggle to get 100+ to their home matches regardless of the fact they seem to be a decent outfit,this gives us the chance to turn up in droves ( as we will! ) and dominate the atmosphere.

Edit - I'm not meaning to count chickens here,Shildon are well capable of turning us over if we're not right up for it in the replay so i don't mean to disrespect them in any way.

Hopefully Benbow will be fit and we'll have found a bit of form in the next couple of matches.

Apart from a draw against Worcester or Kiddie i can't think of a better 4th Qualifier against a team from the level below just around an hours drive from home.

Dave Gorton will be ecstatic Laughing

15FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 17:25

Jack

Jack
Admin

We should easily be taking 2/300 to this. Of course there's tomorrow blah blah blah but hopefully this is added motivation for the lads.

16FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 17:30

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:We should easily be taking 2/300 to this. Of course there's tomorrow blah blah blah but hopefully this is added motivation for the lads.

I've just spent 6 minutes watching the "highlights" from Saturday,that's 6 minutes of my life i can't ever get back Mad

Shildon are certainly not going to be pushovers,they seem a physical and highly committed bunch.

Extra time and penalties anyone!? Shocked

17FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 17:51

Jack

Jack
Admin

We calved them open at times, I think we will be able to score.

18FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 19:36

Baggiestour

What I have just seen on YouTube , if it weren't for Delano again we wouldn't have been in the draw.
Don't count our chickens because if we can't score there is the chance we will get beat.
It's good to see mcone back BUT we need to get some one who can create from midfield, get washbourne back from Evesham , he scored again at the weekend and he would definitely create from the wing

19FA Cup 4Q draw  Empty Re: FA Cup 4Q draw Mon Oct 13 2014, 20:06

dave w

Devil's Advocate wrote:

Norton struggle to get 100+ to their home matches regardless of the fact they seem to be a decent outfit,this gives us the chance to turn up in droves ( as we will! ) and dominate the atmosphere.

Edit - I'm not meaning to count chickens here,Shildon are well capable of turning us over if we're not right up for it in the replay so i don't mean to disrespect them in any way.

Hopefully Benbow will be fit and we'll have found a bit of form in the next couple of matches.

Apart from a draw against Worcester or Kiddie i can't think of a better 4th Qualifier against a team from the level below just around an hours drive from home.

Dave Gorton will be ecstatic Laughing

Just to avoid confusion I meant this one falls between two stools for them. It's not big enough to get them psyched up and not small enough to make them look beyond it. For us if you have to be away it's hand-picked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum