Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Geddes to leave

+10
dodi
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
Jack
glassboypaul
stoursi
redpike
Tricky Tree
Southern Stour
Baggiestour
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:44

Devil's Advocate

glassboypaul wrote:Not wanting morons to come back who ripped up seats, lit flares and sung vile/'Premiership' chants isn't exactly backwards looking.

It's gutting to see such a good servant to the club leave, someone who has given us so many quality performances and super goals.

I am also concerned about the squad's depth now. We have had a bench so far this season with typically only two semi-regular players on it (Francis and Fitzpatrick) and with Drew on holiday now, we seem to be very stretched. However, we have made a quick signing to negate this slightly (not saying it's a like for like replacement - no idea yet - but at least we have some numbers on the bench).

"and with Drew on holiday"

Isn't he always?

What an absolute disaster that a player with real quality at this level is forced to leave the club whilst Canavan ( who goes on his annual jollies at this time every year it seems! ) get's to play week in and week out regardless of the fact he rarely impresses.

As usual,Canavan will walk right back into the side once he return's from wherever,he always does,it won't matter how his temporary replacement play's whilst filling in for the Stourbridge "Messi".

I'd like to thank Sean for his effort's for Stour over the last 3 1/2 years,he has given me some of my best memories during my 40 years of following the club,i've rarely seen anyone who could pass a ball better than him at this level for our club,some of his goal's have been sublime,i doubt his penalty taking will ever be matched in terms of success rate.

Sean and his family will be missed,i've been to many distant midweek away games and his family always seem to be there,even the baby is in attendance,his family became a part of our family,they will always be welcome at Stour.

Sean's father in law Alan is one of our stewards as many of you will know,Alan is a great character and another who has become part of the fabric of our club,i really hope Alan continues to come to the matches,i for one greatly enjoy his company.

I remember last season away at Hungerford,a testing midweek away trip.

I'd had the luxury of sauntering down and arriving early,the coach was some time later,Sean was one of the last off the bus,he was absolutely plastered in dirt from what had obviously been a tough days work but as usual he worked his nut's off.

I'll miss Sean,he was the heartbeat of our team,sure,Ben is the star but Sean was the pulse.

He was also a character,he always reacted with a smile when we chanted "petal" or "Seany Geddes,he hates flies" and "Spiderman",all in tribute to Alan dropping him in it to tell us he was scared of insects Laughing

Sean Geddes,you are a Stour legend,i hope to see you in our shirt again in the future and i can assure you a massive fan's welcome whenever you return to Amblecote in away colours or even as a spectator be it 10,20 or 30 years from now.

Thanks for the memories "Petal".

27Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:45

Baggiestour

I never mentioned in the same sentence loyal fans and Stevenage. You obviously have been on the cider.
Ok let's look at leamington for an example, they where a lower league club than us for many years, (midland comb just 10 years ago) they get more home and away fans than us.and the reason for this is because they could see progression , I believe stourbridge and surrounding areas could supply the club with a lot more fans than we get now but they aint going to pay to watch teams like belper, ramsbottom etc.and I know you are going to say the loyal fans turn out for these games on a cold and wet tuesday night and the club need those types of fans but we need more coming through the gates.
Speculate to accumulate

28Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:51

dodi

Well said devilsadvocate! Thank you for welcoming us to the club with open arms I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the crowd and so has Charlie Smile shame for it
To end like this but its a dog eat dog world!! Im sure we will cross paths at some point in the next few years but for now take care Smile Naomi (seans fiance and family) Wink

29Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:54

Baggiestour

Hi DA.
I totally endorse your comments, sad to see him go.
Let's hope Ben billing ham doesn't have a spat with the management because that would be the straw that broke the lamas back

30Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:55

Jack

Jack
Admin

Top post that Devil. Good luck once again Sean.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

31Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:59

Devil's Advocate

dodi wrote:Well said devilsadvocate! Thank you for welcoming us to the club with open arms I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the crowd and so has Charlie Smile shame for it
To end like this but its a dog eat dog world!! Im sure we will cross paths at some point in the next few years but for now take care Smile Naomi (seans fiance and family)  Wink

Sorry it's come to this Dodi,it's an absolute disgrace.

Everyone know's that someone who isn't fit to lace Sean's boot's is clogging up a place in the side.

Tell Alan to make sure he keep's coming down to the club.

Hope Sean and the rest of you feel able to pop down to the ground to see a match in the coming weeks,i'm sure 99% of the players will be equally gutted that Sean has departed.

Best wishes to you all.

If he sign's for Halesowen though!!? Mad

Some things can't be forgiven Laughing

32Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:59

stoursi

I can now see you full stop but remember doesn't have a capital R that's why I thought it was one sentence.

Agree with your comments about Leamington but you have to remember there was once a team called A P Leamington who were in our league and could have played at a higher level than us. They haven't the teams around them like we do that's why I don't think we can get the crowds you are on about. I wish we did have that level of support.

How many season ticket holders do we have.

33Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:02

Baggiestour

Lookout for him scoring on his debut tomorrow night ( not for halesowen)

34Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:04

dodi

Yes it has been a disgrace but all is said and done Sad
Hope to see you soon Smile

Rest asured there will be no signing for halesowen watch this space!

Best of luck and take care of yourself Smile

35Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:08

Baggiestour

Tamworth, hednesford and numerous other clubs all have bigger teams around them but still get well supported because they play in a higher league, and like I have said before, we should have got out of this league on many occasions,stourbridge playing in a higher league would bring more fans through the gates.FACT

36Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:09

Jane.N

Very very sad to see sean leave - a great player and personality at our club. His going will leave a big gap. Crying or Very sad

I will reserve judgement on the club though as we don't ( well I don't) know what has gone on.

I also think some of the Drew comments are sailing a bit close to the wind and are not really necessary. He is after all one of 'ours' and some comments don't make for comfortable reading. Just my rather maternal view maybe. Embarassed Wink

Good luck at whatever you do Sean and best wishes to your lovely family.

37Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:10

oldhillglassboy

Unfortunately I expected this to happen -  and in the short time frame that it has occured- as soon as it became apparant last Tuesday that something was amiss, remembering Sam Smith's sudden departure. This is a sad development and I hope the clubs response is proportionate in taking such drastic action.

When Geddes is good, hes been very good, he's not everyone's
cup of tea on the terraces but to lose such a player is hugely disapointing to me, his penalty taking can't have been bettered anywhere in recent seasons. I'm sure he won't be short of offers but sad he won't be seen in a Stourbridge shirt again.

38Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:20

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

At least I won't have to rip him apart in the coming months for wearing gloves the big bloody puff......if you're reading any of this Sean.....take your gloves off and no Forest ay shite!!! Very Happy

39Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:22

Baggiestour

As our chairman said last tuesday to fans " the blame stops with the captain " ???? With regards the Workington performance.
I always thought the buck stops with manager???
Most players where bad that day.sean was one of our best players in the first half .he didn't play well in the second half but he was the one dropped,what about the others??
As GH said on Twitter " I could have dropped any one".i don't knock drew because he gives the best he can but he is nowhere near as good as Sean or anyone else in our midfield.
Yes Sean should be disciplined refusing to go on the bench but as I have said before we don't have to get rid just use management skills to get the best out of him.sadly that is lacking.

40Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:27

Baggiestour

I forgot to say that it did get a response from the team and we are thank full for that.
He was on the bench at Trafford and rightly so for refusing to be a sub but how must the kid feel when he can't get on later on in the game when the team is struggling to beat a poor Trafford team

41Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:28

Devil's Advocate

Jane.N wrote:Very very sad to see sean leave - a great player and personality at our club. His going will leave a big gap. Crying or Very sad

I will reserve judgement on the club though as we don't ( well I don't) know what has gone on.

I also think some of the Drew comments are sailing a bit close to the wind and are not really necessary. He is after all one of 'ours' and some comments don't make for comfortable reading. Just my rather maternal view maybe. Embarassed Wink

Good luck at whatever you do Sean and best wishes to your lovely family.

Evening Jane,i understand you point about Drew.

Let me make myself crystal clear here,i personally think that Drew is eminently good enough to be a SQUAD player,his loyalty deserves that,the same goes for a few other recent departures.

What is annoying a significant number of fan's is his constant place in the starting eleven whilst other players like Sean get dropped.

This is making Drew the story which in truth is not fair on him,there have been a number of players who have deserved to miss out in recent weeks including Drew but the axe never fall's on him.

Players and fans are not fools Jane,perceived injustice can really eat away at the fabric of a club.

42Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:45

Jane.N

Good evening DA, Smile

I dont necessarily disagree with the sentiments of team selections and confusions that arise from certain selections / droppings.

It's not a dig at anyone particularly but some of the comments have made me wince and would not look out of place on the leamo forum. Having a moan on the terraces is one thing but I personally don't like to see it on the forum. It seems to have gone past the '.......... Didn't play well yesterday' to some quite personal and unnecessary posts. Just my views. Very Happy

It's very sad we have lost some characters this week. Looks like the agm may be lively!

See you tomorrow folks. Very Happy

43Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 23:20

Baggiestour

Evening DA
I've just spoke to alan,he is very disappointed that Sean is leaving but it is the best for his career .
He loves working for the club and he said the fans down at the MG are fantastic with a superb sense of humour.
He's not sure wether he is going to follow Sean or carry on.he said he will speak to you tomorrow .

44Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 00:03

Devil's Advocate

Baggiestour wrote:Evening DA
I've just spoke to alan,he is very disappointed that Sean is leaving but it is the best for his career .
He loves working for the club and he said the fans down at the MG are fantastic with a superb sense of humour.
He's not sure wether he is going to follow Sean or carry on.he said he will speak to you tomorrow .

Appreciate the message BaggieStour,cheers for that.

Not sure who you are in "real life" so why not join Me,Ulster Jim,Tricky,Brockmoor,Bruce and the rest of the "unwashed" in The Shed when Stour kick that way v Belper if you're at the match?

If you don't know who we are Tricky is the one in the shorts with the Notts Forest tattoo on his leg and the Temuri Ketsbaia hairstyle Laughing

Hope to see Alan as well,top man in my opinion.

45Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 07:15

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Baggiestour wrote:Evening DA

Appreciate the message BaggieStour,cheers for that.

Not sure who you are in "real life" so why not join Me,Ulster Jim,Tricky,Brockmoor,Bruce and the rest of the "unwashed" in The Shed when Stour kick that way v Belper if you're at the match?

If you don't know who we are Tricky is the one in the shorts with the Notts Forest tattoo on his leg and the Temuri Ketsbaia hairstyle Laughing

Hope to see Alan as well,top man in my opinion.

NOTTINGHAM forest..... NOTTS county......NOTTINGHAM forest.

46Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 10:34

Baggiestour

Sean has signed for worcester city.good luck sean

47Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 11:07

Aled

Quiet on here ay it Cool

48Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 11:11

brockmoor

brockmoor

Aled wrote:Quiet on here ay it Cool

Think people are lost for words Aled!

We lose arguably our best player over the past few seasons, then bring back a player who couldn't get in the side a few years ago!

Lets just hope we don't lose Benbow and replace him with Dovey! pale

Hey its Stour, anything can happen! Shocked

49Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 11:14

Aled

I foresee the return of Wayne Dobbins....

50Geddes to leave - Page 2 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 11:22

Devil's Advocate

Baggiestour wrote:Sean has signed for worcester city.good luck sean

Don't they play at the level we are supposed to be striving for? Mad

Can't get in our side but they are happy to snap him up!

Good luck Sean,you're at least good enough for that level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum