Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Geddes to leave

+10
dodi
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
Jack
glassboypaul
stoursi
redpike
Tricky Tree
Southern Stour
Baggiestour
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Geddes to leave Empty Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:57

Baggiestour

I hear on the grapevine that Sean has left the club,not his decision but the club.
Our best player last season by a country mile and we let him go ?????

2Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:01

Southern Stour

Perhaps we can do without a quality midfielder that was our top
goal scorer, good play maker, perhaps we don't want to progress!!!

3Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:05

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Absolute joke and a total piss take....what on earth is going on at the club?
It's about time the fans were told what the hell the long term plans are because quite clearly it's not progression.

All the best Sean,top bloke and a damned decent player.

4Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:13

Southern Stour

Very disappointed with management Mad

5Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:25

Baggiestour

Peter till from halesowen our new signing.good luck Peter we wish you all the best.
Good luck Sean with your next club who ever that club might be.its stourbridge's loss and their gain.
I struggle to see the path this club is taking. I for one are dismayed.
Mr Hackett, these loyal fans need a smile put back on their faces.remember the thousand fans that went to Stevenage? That could be a regular turn out to watch the glass boys but more forward thinking with regards personnel is required.there are numerous sleeping supporters but they won't come out to watch the dribble we have had to put up with recently .

6Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:26

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Management "manage" players, not f*ck off the decent ones.

7Geddes to leave Empty Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:35

redpike

If Sean's leaving is correct, then this latest in an ever-increasing list of departures does start to concern me. I thought that he was on contract and so, unless there are gross misconduct issues, it's going to cost the club money.

We all know Sean has, at times, a volatile temperament and I can only think that something has happened behind the scenes of a disclipinary nature.

I still have confidence in our Board, ie including Gary, and trust that the decision has been thought through and not just a knee-jerk reaction.

An official statement will be very welcome.

8Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:36

stoursi

The loyal fans who went to Stevenage now you are having a laugh.

We have about 30/40 loyal fans that go to most games not just the big cup matches.

At least get the numbers right even in Stour glory days have they consistently had a following of a thousand.

9Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:42

Baggiestour

If you read the message correctly I said that there are numerous sleeping fans who would definitely come back if the club was playing better and more importantly playing in a higher league which we should have done,
Yes Sean did refuse to be sub and yes he should be disciplined for it but get him out the club?

10Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:42

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

stoursi wrote:The loyal fans who went to Stevenage now you are having a laugh.

We have about 30/40 loyal fans that go to most games not just the big cup matches.

At least get the numbers right even in Stour glory days have they consistently had a following of a thousand.

Is loyalty based on how much wedge you have in your pocket Si?....Because if I could afford to attend every game then I most definitely would.
Does this mean I'm not a loyal fan?

11Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:43

glassboypaul

Baggiestour wrote:Peter till from halesowen our new signing.good luck Peter we wish you all the best.
Good luck Sean with your next club who ever that club might be.its stourbridge's loss and their gain.
I struggle to see the path this club is taking. I for one are dismayed.
Mr Hackett, these loyal fans need a smile put back on their faces.remember the thousand fans that went to Stevenage? That could be a regular turn out to watch the glass boys but more forward thinking with regards personnel is required.there are numerous sleeping supporters but they won't come out to watch the dribble we have had to put up with recently .

Can't agree with this. Those supposedly 'loyal' fans turn up once a season (if that) and only for the big games such as Stevenage. Some caused trouble on the day as well, then they disappear again. Why should those fans be rewarded?

Whilst I agree it is VERY concerning to see one of the best players of recent seasons leave (and I am not for one second saying that this isn't a bad thing) but I wouldn't call our recent performances a 'dribble'.

12Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:46

glassboypaul

Tricky Tree wrote:

Is loyalty based on how much wedge you have in your pocket Si?....Because if I could afford to attend every game then I most definitely would.

Tricky, don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate all the crap on here about someone being a better/more loyal supporter than another just because they go to more games. It's got nowt to do with that. I'm not questioning your loyalty for a second.

All I'm saying is, I highly doubt if many who went to Stevenage could be considered 'loyal' fans, given that was probably their only appearance for years until the next cup run! It wasn't a slight at you or others on this forum at all.

13Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:49

Jack

Jack
Admin

If this is true its a blow first and foremost. We cannot comment just yet on slagging the club off as we don't know what's gone on. Once we find out then criticise etc etc.

However, this is a real worry for us going forward he's an influential player for us no matter his early form. Its a real shame its happened like this, I always thought Sean would leave, but for a higher level club. Not, being released. The fall out of this will be huge.

Thank you for all the memories Gedds. That penalty at Plymouth will always give me goosebumps. Good luck Sean.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

14Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:53

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

glassboypaul wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Tricky, don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate all the crap on here about someone being a better/more loyal supporter than another just because they go to more games. It's got nowt to do with that. I'm not questioning your loyalty for a second.

All I'm saying is, I highly doubt if many who went to Stevenage could be considered 'loyal' fans, given that was probably their only appearance for years until the next cup run! It wasn't a slight at you or others on this forum at all.

I didn't take it as a dig at myself at all and I agree that the Stevenage game was awful, I hated all the morons being there.....where were they at Poole on a Thursday night later in the season...

15Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:55

stoursi

Tricky why would I not consider you a loyal fan.

You go to as many games as you can.

What I was saying how can you call fans loyal that went to Stevenage when 80% of them won't go again until we have another big cup match.

As for the comment about money i just don't understand.

16Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:58

Southern Stour

Its those cup runs that help us bring more support, or quality playing week in week out thats not happening.

17Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:59

brockmoor

brockmoor

If our management could 'manage' we wouldnt be losing these players.

I wish all the players who have left in the past few weeks all the best. Lets face it we would have all done the same. Most not given a chance in my eyes.

Yet Our management break their necks to keep their favourites in the team.

In the last 20mins vs Nantwich half of our players were out of position!

Its a joke.

Im believer that the majority of coaches have been in the game to long, they need to go back to basics. This means players playing in the correct positions. When a play under performs for a few games they are dropped, players who have been sat patiently on the bench are then given a chance to impress. How often does this happen at Stour?

Gutted that Geddes & Dallinson have gone. One who showed 'agression' the other who didnt!
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by brockmoor on Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:03; edited 1 time in total

18Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:02

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

stoursi wrote:Tricky why would I not consider you a loyal fan.

You go to as many games as you can.

What I was saying how can you call fans loyal that went to Stevenage when 80% of them won't go again until we have another big cup match.

As for the comment about money i just don't understand.

The money comment came from being able to afford it Si.

19Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:04

Baggiestour

Stoursi.......I never mentioned that the people who went to Stevenage where loyal fans, you've obviously been on the cider again.
What I am saying is by getting rid of talent and replacing them with players who have had better years and people we have let go previously will not bring the sleeping fans back.
You are obviously happy turning up for away games with 30 away fans and home games with 350-400. That's forward thinking.

20Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:10

Baggiestour

Nicely put brockmoor

21Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:14

glassboypaul

Not wanting morons to come back who ripped up seats, lit flares and sung vile/'Premiership' chants isn't exactly backwards looking.

It's gutting to see such a good servant to the club leave, someone who has given us so many quality performances and super goals.

I am also concerned about the squad's depth now. We have had a bench so far this season with typically only two semi-regular players on it (Francis and Fitzpatrick) and with Drew on holiday now, we seem to be very stretched. However, we have made a quick signing to negate this slightly (not saying it's a like for like replacement - no idea yet - but at least we have some numbers on the bench).

22Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:21

Baggiestour

I wasn't aware of seats being damaged, I agree with you if that was the case.
I know for a fact that the kid did not want to leave and he had so much more to give, yes he did throw his toys out the pram a week or so ago but that is where a manager earns his money. He obviously couldn't deal with it.
It's all well and good signing players but are they better than the ones we are letting go? In Sean's case I very much doubt it.
Look on the bright side we can see more of Drew!!!

23Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:29

stoursi

Baggiestour think you mentioned loyal fans and Stevenage in the same sentence.

No I don't want the club to stand still and I don't want the better players leaving.

Even if we got promoted I still don't think home attendances would get anywhere near a thousand. Can't see us taking 200 to away games. .

Just look at attendances in the league above

24Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:31

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Baggiestour wrote:I wasn't aware of seats being damaged, I agree with you if that was the case.
I know for a fact that the kid did not want to leave and he had so much more to give, yes he did throw his toys out the pram a week or so ago but that is where a manager earns his money. He obviously couldn't deal with it.
It's all well and good signing players but are they better than the ones we are letting go? In Sean's case I very much doubt it.
Look on the bright side we can see more of Drew!!!

How can we possibly see more of Drew?...He plays every bloody game when available and when Gary picks the team..."lube tonight Gary?"

25Geddes to leave Empty Re: Geddes to leave Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:41

glassboypaul

The official Twitter account has become involved in a spat with another user as well.

Not a good night for the club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum