Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bham Senior Cup

+8
Baggiestour
glassboypaul
Brian Handy
Jack
Devil's Advocate
sirsmileriiii
stour_boy
barnstoneworth
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bham Senior Cup Empty Bham Senior Cup Thu Aug 28 2014, 12:37

I see that we have been drawn at home to Rushall in this competition.

2Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Aug 28 2014, 19:52

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Lucky us. Didn't particularly take to them on Monday night and now we've got to invite them round to play again...!

3Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Aug 28 2014, 22:34

stour_boy

stour_boy

Great. Can't wait to have them back.... :/

4Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Tue Dec 16 2014, 16:21

sirsmileriiii

As we're finally playing the game tonight, is anyone on here interested in this match Laughing

5Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:14

Devil's Advocate

sirsmileriiii wrote:As we're finally playing the game tonight, is anyone on here interested in this match Laughing

No.

Don't get killed in the crush.

6Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Tue Dec 16 2014, 22:48

Jack

Jack
Admin

Thought we did alright tonight all things considered. They wanted it more and were a lot more physical than some of our younger lads. 6 from the youth team overall, and that was the main positive of the night. Some did better than others, McPike did well as did Shane and the 15 year old-yes, 15!

Luke put a proper shift in and can't be too far off now. He looked very sharp, as did Fitz. Yep we lost however there are positives to take from this.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

7Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Wed Dec 17 2014, 17:58

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

KEIRAN MORRIS 13 votes
Jordon Fitzpatrick 6 votes
Lewis McPike 4 votes
Dominic Hill 2 votes
Exedus / Leon / Sam All 1 vote

Wine was won by LEE ATKINSON.

Thanks to all who took part.

8Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Dec 18 2014, 15:33

glassboypaul

Once again, bizarre to be happy with a defeat just because we played some youngsters.

Hope supporters show they care on Boxing Day and want us to win rather than this lack of caring.

I get that we want to be a friendly club but the constant well done, good luck messages on Twitter and on here gets very irritating. We must have congratulated and commiserated Worcester about 10 times last night. Then another message saying well done to Geddes, Murphy etc. We seem obsessed with them.

Even stranger is the way we wish Shildon good luck every Saturday on Twitter. Why? They beat us deservedly, lets move on. We don't need a constant reminder.

I really hope we don't offer any well done's to Halesowen if they win on Boxing Day.

We need to stop falling over ourselves to be friendly and liked by other clubs. We really don't need to wish everyone in our league good luck in the FA Trophy and so on.

If we do say well done to Halesowen if they beat us that will be absolutely ridiculous and makes a mockery of the passionate local rivalry that we have.

Or is it just me who thinks this?

9Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Dec 18 2014, 16:51

Jack

Jack
Admin

If you feel that strongly, do the Twitter yoursel.

Richard does an excellent job and you know what, I quite like the fact other clubs like us. It makes a nice change.

10Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Dec 18 2014, 17:26

Baggiestour

Hey glassboy , there's nothing wrong in giving good luck messages, all you seem to do is moan , get a life , it's only a game , no ones died.

11Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Dec 18 2014, 18:50

oldhillglassboy

A very wet night which hasn’t helped my cold!

The starting line up indicated how seriously we where taking it (we weren’t), just three players and another two on the bench (and one of them was Coleman!) from the previous two eleven‘s. Benbow cracked a terrific effort off the bar and scored with a header in the first 10 minutes, after that Rushall had the upper hand. In the second half they should have taken some of the chances to finish us off before the last gasp equaliser, a good goal and one I didn’t see coming, stopped in my tracks halfway to the exit! At least the BSC hasn’t lowered itself to the level of abolishing extra time (yet) like the other cups.

Extra time was end to end stuff, with a goal from a goalkeeping error each (hill had a torrid time for most of the evening ), the referee seemed to blow 2 minutes early once they had the two goal lead! The players who played gave their all but it wasn’t quite enough on the night, I understand the manager’s team selection and there’s very few clubs out there who wouldn’t have done the same, especially just before a long trip to Whitby, not that as a Stourbridge supporter I enjoyed seeing us lose by conceding 5 goals.

Across the non league spectrum the county/league cups get more irrelevant each year, a shame with some of the competitions (the BSC being one of the oldest in England I understand), but the die is well and truly cast and I wonder how much longer they can go on for.

12Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Dec 18 2014, 21:18

glassboypaul

Jack wrote:If you feel that strongly, do the Twitter yoursel.

Richard does an excellent job and you know what, I quite like the fact other clubs like us. It makes a nice change.

Yes he does an excellent job but I was commenting more generally,

I guess people such as yourself just go down to Stour for fun as well as supporting a league side, and don't take our results and fortunes too heart or too seriously as it's just a bit of a laugh for you and your mates,

That's absolutely fine in my book and we need loads of such fans,

But I guess I myself have to be more allowing of such people such as Richard on Twitter etc. and not get irritated when they congratulate local rivals on victory etc. etc. as they are doing it because of a love of non-league football and less so of Stour I would imagine,

Each to their own so I concede I was a little harsh.

13Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Thu Dec 18 2014, 22:00

PhilC

Sorry Paul, I think you're completely wrong here. Jack doesn't need me to fight his battles but to say he doesn't take stour seriously is complete bollocks. He made the point that despite losing on Tuesday there were positives to be taken due to the performances from the youth team players given an opportunity, which I completely agree with.

As for twitter, I think it is the job of the club's official twitter to build bridges with other clubs. I don't see our twitter congratulating all our local rivals, just Worcester when they lost on pens in the 2nd round of the cup, which I would expect other clubs to do to us if we did that. I hate Halesowen as much as anyone, but if they beat us (not going to happen) I won't be upset if the twitter says 'fair play and well done' to them. It's because it's the clubs official voice rather than him talking as a fan.

14Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Fri Dec 19 2014, 09:44

glassboypaul

PhilC wrote:Sorry Paul, I think you're completely wrong here. Jack doesn't need me to fight his battles but to say he doesn't take stour seriously is complete bollocks. He made the point that despite losing on Tuesday there were positives to be taken due to the performances from the youth team players given an opportunity, which I completely agree with.

As for twitter, I think it is the job of the club's official twitter to build bridges with other clubs. I don't see our twitter congratulating all our local rivals, just Worcester when they lost on pens in the 2nd round of the cup, which I would expect other clubs to do to us if we did that. I hate Halesowen as much as anyone, but if they beat us (not going to happen) I won't be upset if the twitter says 'fair play and well done' to them.  It's because it's the clubs official voice rather than him talking as a fan.

He wasn't bothered about Leek or FC United results either, so there is a pattern emerging.

I don't notice other official Twitters doing it though?

One thing I do like, and that is the fairness and objectivity of the posts Richard makes. Far too many official Twitters post critical comments about the opposition and the referee and that is not acceptable in my book. You have to be objective and Richard does that very well.

Apologies if I have offended anyone connected with the club.

I do not want to be banned like TCP.

15Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Fri Dec 19 2014, 10:08

TRM

GlassboyPaul - you have a PM.

16Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Fri Dec 19 2014, 10:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

I didn't care about the FC United result? Ay? You're talking complete rubbish here. Absolute rubbish. If I didn't care about Stour would I be going tomorrow? If I didn't care about Stour would I have had a season ticket for nearly 10 years now?

Go back in the thread about the FC game and copy and paste a comment from me that suggests I didn't care about the result. You know what, I didn't care one bit about leek and I don't care about Rushall. There where many positives to both. Football isn't as black and white as you quite clearly see it. However you obviously know who I am, perhaps on boxing day you can stand by me and judge whether I care enough? I do this forum, I on occasions help Richard with updates for Twitter the club are actively trying to find a role for me. If I didn't care would that be happening?! Of course not. Lunacy.

17Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Wed Dec 24 2014, 13:28

glassboypaul

Jack wrote:I didn't care about the FC United result? Ay? You're talking complete rubbish here. Absolute rubbish. If I didn't care about Stour would I be going tomorrow? If I didn't care about Stour would I have had a season ticket for nearly 10 years now?

Go back in the thread about the FC game and copy and paste a comment from me that suggests I didn't care about the result. You know what, I didn't care one bit about leek and I don't care about Rushall. There where many positives to both. Football isn't as black and white as you quite clearly see it. However you obviously know who I am, perhaps on boxing day you can stand by me and judge whether I care enough? I do this forum, I on occasions help Richard with updates for Twitter the club are actively trying to find a role for me. If I didn't care would that be happening?! Of course not. Lunacy.

Yes I will introduce myself on Friday and we can 'put the record straight'; I know you were joining in with FC United chants which was a bit strange; and I know cup competitions are low priority but these are competitions we could have won, especially as our next opponents in the Bham Senior would have been Sutton and Coleshill, possibly the two lowest ranked sides left.

Getting involved with the club is a great idea. I'm sure TRM can fill you in on the current vacancies.

18Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Wed Dec 24 2014, 14:14

Jack

Jack
Admin

Great and I can put the record straight that I wasn't singing FC songs. United songs, yes. FC, no.

19Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Wed Dec 24 2014, 14:59

glassboypaul

They are one and the same! Why so much pendantry on this forum?

20Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Wed Dec 24 2014, 15:46

Jack

Jack
Admin

Hang on, in another thread you said they're completely different clubs. So thats complete rubbish.

21Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Wed Dec 24 2014, 16:21

Nath

Nice to see the Christmas spirit alive and well Rolling Eyes . Anyway.....where's the nearest soup kitchen?

22Bham Senior Cup Empty Re: Bham Senior Cup Fri Dec 26 2014, 12:47

glassboypaul

They are different clubs with the same chants.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum