Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fixtures are out!

+5
dave w
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
Jack
stour_boy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fixtures are out! Empty Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:06

stour_boy

stour_boy

Can't find a way to get a full list rather than by month...

August:
16th Whitby Town (H)
18th Ilkeston (A)
23rd Kings Lynn (A)
25th Rushall Olympic (H)
30th Workington (A)

I believe we can play Whitby Town at Amblecote, but don't quote me on that! Assume Monday 25th will be OK to play at home too. Looks like the Evo-Stik League played ball with our August fixtures - hurrah!

2Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:11

stour_boy

stour_boy

September:
6th Trafford (A)
9th Belper (H)
16th Barwell (A)
20th Curzon Ashton (H)
27th Blyth Spartans (A)

October:
4th Ashton United (H)
7th Witton Albion (A)
11th Grantham Town (A)
14th Stamford (H)
18th Matlock Town (A)
21st Belper Town (A)
25th Frickley Athletic (H)
28th Nantwich Town (A)

November:
4th Ilkeston (H)
8th Marine (A)
18th Barwell (H)
22nd FC United (H)
29th Buxton (A)

December:
6th Skelmersdale (H)
13th Kings Lynn (H)
20th Whitby (A)
26th Halesowen (H)

3Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:13

stour_boy

stour_boy

January:
1st Rushall (A)
3rd Witton Albion (H)
10th Ashton United (A)
17th Grantham Town (H)
24th Stamford (A)
31st Matlock Town (H)

February:
7th Frickley (A)
14th Trafford (H)
21st Ramsbottom (H)
28th Curzon Ashton (A)

March:
7th Blyth Spartans (H)
14th Ramsbottom (A)
28th FC United (A)

April:
4th Workington (H)
6th Halesowen (A)
11th Marine (H)
18th Buxton (H)
25th Skelmersdale (A)

4Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:20

Jack

Jack
Admin

Not bad. When was the last time we finished at Amblecote though?

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

5Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:35

stour_boy

stour_boy

Jack wrote:Not bad. When was the last time we finished at Amblecote though?

Unbelievably, it's 2008/09, when we lost to Farnborough 3-0, who went on to lose the play-off final.

6Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:44

stour_boy

stour_boy

Also, it's interesting that for the Rushall Olympic game, all other fixtures that day are listed as a 3pm kick off, whereas our game against Rushall is down for 7.45pm. Another pre-agreement with the cricket club and/or league?

It would be amazing if it was an evening kick off as I have to go to work during the day!

7Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:49

stour_boy

stour_boy

First bit of bad news...

If either Blyth Spartans or ourselves wins in the FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round, our match against them on 27th September will be postponed as it's 2nd Qualifying Round day and it'll be re-arranged for a Tuesday night  Sad 

8Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 09:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

And Whitby will be off, you just know it will Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes 

9Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 10:38

stour_boy

stour_boy

I have it on good authority that we won't have to go to Blyth midweek even if it is postponed then. Panic over!

10Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 11:13

Devil's Advocate

Not a great set of fixtures for me personally as a lot clash with Albion matches,i'm particularly gutted at missing Workington away,the food in the ASDA cafe was almost Michelin starred Laughing

If we and the "unwashed" have got off to a decent start and the weather is okay we could see a tremendous gate at Amblecote on Boxing Day so thats one to really look forward to.

11Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 11:31

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

We can play at Amblecote first game.

12Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 12:58

stour_boy

stour_boy

Tricky Tree wrote:We can play at Amblecote first game.

Thanks Tricky. Bet that hasn't happened for a good number of years.

Actually feel like a 'normal' club now, without having to play any home games away from Amblecote. Great work from everyone at the club to get to the stage where it has become possible, especially on Saturdays.

Opening day is just four weeks on Saturday, and I can't wait already...

13Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 14:36

dave w

Not bad at all. Most of the good aways are on Saturdays. Pity that Whitby is the weekend before Christmas but Workington in August makes up for that.

14Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 18:08

NickSFCB

Hopefully we are in the FA cup 27 September as I don't fancy travelling up to Blyth whilst I'm back from Florida for the week.

15Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 19:29

oldhillglassboy

Hope to do a lot more away games this season, miss the the two home saturdays in September, I was hoping FC united might be one of them in all honesty.

The Rushall one is interesting, I think we got away with it against Barwell two years ago due to the cricket being rained off early, the timing is very tight. Can't see us playing Whitby at Amblecote as doubt they would agree to a friday or saturday night, with the distance they are traveling (or the cricket club allowing a friday night) and there's cricket on the sunday, although that would be out anyway due to us playing Ilkeston on the Monday. Unless we are allowed to switch the matches around, I have heard they are far more flexible than the southern league.

16Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:04

Jack

Jack
Admin

It's been confirmed at Amblecote, OH

17Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:20

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

stour_boy wrote:I have it on good authority that we won't have to go to Blyth midweek even if it is postponed then. Panic over!

There's a blank Saturday in March with no fixtures currently scheduled. Maybe that's set aside for postponed games.

Last edited by Dave the Glassboy on Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:27; edited 1 time in total

18Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:26

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Not a bad set of fixtures. On the weekends when I needed an away game that's what we've been given. (Unlike last season when on every occasion I needed an away game the SL scheduled a home one! The NPL's telepathy is obviously better!  Wink )

7 new grounds for me and yet the first's not until we head to Whitby in December! Shame that's not when the weather's a bit warmer and we could have made a weekend of it. Ah well, c'est la vie.

19Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:50

Jack

Jack
Admin

Does anyone have an statistics or knowledge of which league had the most postponed games? Would it be a stereotype to think that they get on with it a bit more up north compared to the southern softies?  Rolling Eyes Very Happy 

20Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Fri Jul 18 2014, 00:00

dave w

NickSFCB wrote:Hopefully we are in the FA cup 27 September as I don't fancy travelling up to Blyth whilst I'm back from Florida for the week.

I feel your pain.

21Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Fri Jul 18 2014, 21:39

oldhillglassboy

Jack wrote:It's been confirmed at Amblecote, OH

the early season is always a bit tough with "home" matches being the opposite, this would certainly be a major boost.

How have we pulled this off when the cricket 2nd XI are playing Water Orton at 12.30?

22Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Sat Jul 19 2014, 10:25

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

oldhillglassboy wrote:

the early season is always a bit tough with "home" matches being the opposite, this would certainly be a major boost.

How have we pulled this off when the cricket 2nd XI are playing Water Orton at 12.30?

I suspect some form of quid pro quo was involved. Maybe we've paid for them to play the game elsewhere. Who knows? And does it matter at the end of the day?

23Fixtures are out! Empty Re: Fixtures are out! Wed Jan 28 2015, 11:14

glassboypaul

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
oldhillglassboy wrote:

I suspect some form of quid pro quo was involved. Maybe we've paid for them to play the game elsewhere. Who knows? And does it matter at the end of the day?

Hi Dave,

When is the Ramsbottom game being played?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum