Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

2014 Summer Signings

+10
Dave the Glassboy
NickSFCB
stoursi
brockmoor
TRM
oldhillglassboy
stour_boy
UlsterJim
Devil's Advocate
Jack
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

262014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Tue Jun 03 2014, 20:33

stoursi

Sorry but for me the two youth team players will only be squad players at best.

Gap between youth football and our level is too big.

Think the same could be applied to the lad from Walsall.

If we are trying to get promotion then for me we need players who are more experienced and are competing with our best 11.

272014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Tue Jun 03 2014, 21:46

Jack

Jack
Admin

Agree particularly about the Walsall lad. He may well be very good. However, for every Gedds and Browny there is a James Spray..

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

282014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Wed Jun 04 2014, 00:51

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:Sorry but for me the two youth team players will only be squad players at best.

Gap between youth football and our level is too big.

Think the same could be applied to the lad from Walsall.

If we are trying to get promotion then for me we need players who are more experienced and are competing with our best 11.

I agree Stoursi.

I'm not dissapointed to see the majority of last season's squad tied up by the club again AND i think that Jordan Murphy has real potential,i believe that this lad has what it takes to be prolific in non league football and with the quality of his movement he could well make it into league football.

I am surprised however at one or two of the player's who have been re-signed,i believe we should have thanked a couple for their good service to the club and then moved on.

292014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Wed Jun 04 2014, 02:18

NickSFCB

Devil's Advocate wrote:I am surprised however at one or two of the player's who have been re-signed,i believe we should have thanked a couple for their good service to the club and then moved on.

I agree with that DA. I think there are several players who can consider themselves lucky to be retained for next season.

302014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Wed Jun 04 2014, 10:40

stour_boy

stour_boy

Agreed, although not entirely surprised about some as they seem to be retained season after season.

I suppose they can make good squad players (give them a game in the league cup/WSC!).

Players like Rocky etc who graduated from the youth team to the first team are very rare, and that was when the first team were two levels below where we are now. No reason not to give them a chance though and they can get first team experience by being farmed out on loan.

312014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Tue Jun 10 2014, 19:01

As we've now been awarded a grant for developing the ground, are we going to see some of the money from our cup run used to boost the squad.  As the one thing we seem to lack are players with NPL experience unless I am mistaken, which I probably am Rolling Eyes 

322014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:06

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

NPL Premier is the same level as SL Premier so I don't think we necessarily need players specifically because they've played in the NPL before. It's more about getting the right squad balance together and bringing in players that are going to enhance what we've already got.

332014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Wed Jun 25 2014, 18:49

brockmoor

brockmoor

Not a signing, but news that Sansara has left the club. Sad

342014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Thu Jun 26 2014, 14:00

stoursi

Hope we make two or three signings before the pre season matches start or it could be a bit like last season.

Surely we need to make sure we have another goal keeper on our books just to give Dean some competition and make sure standards are trying to be kept high.

Also think a recognised central defender is needed. Even though Knight and Ramsey Dickinson did well they are not defenders with experience but more like strikers come defenders. I think with Leon this season it could either be at the back or on the left side of midfield Probably doesn't want to be there but will need to start well to get a central midfield berth.

Also we need a proven goal scorer who can perhaps take the pressure off Luke when the chips are down. Think Brown will get a few but need to be more lethal in front of goal and I presume Junior will provide the width.

With pre season only just over two weeks away I think the fans need to see happening.

352014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 10:12

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

We have signed a replacement for Netan.

http://www.nibadges.com

362014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 17:54

brockmoor

brockmoor

UlsterJim wrote:We have signed a replacement for Netan.

Is it a secret Jim!

372014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 18:02

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

brockmoor wrote:

Is it a secret Jim!

I don't know his name or who he has played for. I saw him down the club the other night and all I know is that there were two prospective players down there, one black and one white. The black guy has signed.

http://www.nibadges.com

382014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 18:08

brockmoor

brockmoor

UlsterJim wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

Is it a secret Jim!

I don't know his name or who he has played for.  I saw him down the club the other night and all I know is that there were two prospective players down there, one black and one white.  The black guy has signed.

Its poor of the club if a player has signed a number of days ago, and its not been mentioned on the website. Sad

Good that signings are happening however. Smile

392014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 19:37

stoursi

If we have signed someone then why doesn't the club say so. Have to say the clubs PR is so unprofessional it needs addressing.

402014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 20:18

Jack

Jack
Admin

Or alternatively, the relevant paper work is yet to be finalised.? How stupid would the club look if they announced a signing and then hit a snag. Difference between a player saying yes-and even signing the dotted line for that matter-and then officially signing them. The PR side of the club this time last year was significantly behind many others, however, as Twitter users will vouch, it's a lot more thorough now. I've no doubt that if/WHEN we sign players it'll be announced. Patience.  Very Happy 

412014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 20:44

PhilC

stoursi wrote:If we have signed someone then why doesn't the club say so. Have to say the clubs PR is so unprofessional it needs addressing.

I'm sure the volunteers who run the club would be grateful for any help you can give them

422014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 20:59

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:If we have signed someone then why doesn't the club say so. Have to say the clubs PR is so unprofessional it needs addressing.

I read in the Stourbridge News announcement's this week that Andy Poutney's dad Derek had sadly died.

In fairness to Andy i'm sure he has far more important thing's to concern himself with at the moment than keeping us abreast of our latest acquisition.

Andy's parent's house is in the next street to mine,i often used to see his his old man in the local paper shop and he alway's seemed a proper gent.

I've already passed my condolences to Andy personally and i think that fan's should respect this is not the best of times for him right now.

432014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 22:31

Jane.N

Thanks for sharing that news with us DA, I hadn't seen that.

Thoughts with Andy and his family.

442014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sat Jun 28 2014, 23:07

stour_boy

stour_boy

That's very sad news, sorry to hear that.

Our summers are always periods of trial players and players who 'sign' and then move on without being seen again - these things happen. Let's wait until late July/August and then we can see who will form the nucleus of the squad for the proper season. No point in announcing signings two months before the action begins.

452014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sun Jun 29 2014, 08:02

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

stour_boy wrote:That's very sad news, sorry to hear that.

Our summers are always periods of trial players and players who 'sign' and then move on without being seen again - these things happen. Let's wait until late July/August and then we can see who will form the nucleus of the squad for the proper season. No point in announcing signings two months before the action begins.

I couldn't disagree more.
Pre-season is almost upon us so surely we should be using this to find out our best squad and best formation?
To do that then we should know who is signed and staying and not wait until a fortnight before the season starts!!!

462014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sun Jun 29 2014, 11:44

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
stour_boy wrote:That's very sad news, sorry to hear that.

I couldn't disagree more.
Pre-season is almost upon us so surely we should be using this to find out our best squad and best formation?
To do that then we should know who is signed and staying and not wait until a fortnight before the season starts!!!

Pre season involves 8 or 9 games again this year,too many in my opinion but that's where we are.

We're still two weeks away from the start of pre season friendlies so from a personal point of view i'm not bothered yet as to the total make up of the squad.

I don't mind us using the first two or three friendlies to test trialists and formations but i really do hope that by the time we're into the last four friendlies we have our formation and plan of action for the campaign sorted AND the wheat sorted from the chaff,there was a hell of a lot of chaff in last year's pre season.

I had a chat with Gary at the Redditch v Poole match in towards the end of last season and he openly admitted that he thought pre season was a bit of a dog's dinner last year,i expect it to be much "tighter" this time around.

I do hope we set out with all gun's blazing this season though,i do hope we don't wait until Jan/Feb to sign player/s that we should have had for the whole campaign.

472014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sun Jun 29 2014, 19:59

stour_boy

stour_boy

We have signed Matt Wood from Rushall Olympic. LB or LM.

Quite highly rated according to Twitter. Not that Twitter users tend to be full of football knowledge, mind....

482014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Sun Jun 29 2014, 20:32

Jack

Jack
Admin

Welcome to the club Matt! Very Happy 

492014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Tue Jul 08 2014, 13:27

Aled

Not posted on here for a while. Still a lot of whinging ay fellas! Up the Glassblowers!  Twisted Evil 

502014 Summer Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Signings Tue Jul 08 2014, 14:21

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:Not posted on here for a while. Still a lot of whinging ay fellas! Up the Glassblowers!  Twisted Evil 

Be good to see all the doom monger's on here on Saturday evening after we've been taken apart by Bewdley Town Mad 

That was a joke by the way Laughing Laughing 

Can't wait for the season to start tbh.

COYG.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum