Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

New signings thread - Season 2013-2014..

+3
rasam
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Devil's Advocate

Is there any white smoke emanating from the clubhouse at the War Memorial Ground yet to signify the arrival of he who must not yet be mentioned,you know,the one with the surname of an English football club who play in the Scottish League?

If anyone spots his helicopter arriving at the ground for the signing please do let us know.

stour_boy

stour_boy

Saw a police car go past the ground earlier, thought it might have been Bello back!

Devil's Advocate

Still nothing?

rasam

No my mate reckons its someone from halesowen, not sure about that. what do you think.

TRM

Your mate's wrong.

Still nothing officially official.

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:Is there any white smoke emanating from the clubhouse at the War Memorial Ground yet to signify the arrival of he who must not yet be mentioned,.

I can safely say we wont be signing Pope from Port Vale. ;-)

http://www.nibadges.com

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Is there any white smoke emanating from the clubhouse at the War Memorial Ground yet to signify the arrival of he who must not yet be mentioned,.

I can safely say we wont be signing Pope from Port Vale. ;-)

Love it Jim :-)

You're on form today……………for once!

Devil's Advocate

Come on TRM our "Mr Twitter",Hemel Twitter is wishing Berwick well at Stour so is he signed or not?

Jack

Jack
Admin

Berwick says he's signed.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

TRM

Technically, we have not completed the signing of any new player yet. Hence no official word on anything.

TRM

The significant words there being "completed" and "yet".

TRM

You've heard the saying "It takes two to tango"?

Well in this instance, it takes four to foxtrot.

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Technically, we have not completed the signing of any new player yet. Hence no official word on anything.

Tommy Berwick has openly stated on Twitter that he's "Going to Stourbridge",he even wishes Hemel well and has fan's commiserating at him leaving them.

If we haven't got this nailed down by now will he even be legible for tomorrow's match?

To be honest,Tommy spends more time on Twitter than Sally Bercow and Stephen Fry put together.

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Technically, we have not completed the signing of any new player yet. Hence no official word on anything.

Tommy Berwick has openly stated on Twitter that he's "Going to Stourbridge",he even wishes Hemel well and has fan's commiserating at him leaving them.

If we haven't got this nailed down by now will he even be legible for tomorrow's match?

To be honest,Tommy spends more time on Twitter than Sally Bercow and Stephen Fry put together.

"Nailing this down" relies on more parties than just us and the player concerned. Hence the "four to foxtrot" comment.

There is plenty of time to have a signing sorted tomorrow. Signings can be completed up until relatively close to kick-off. Don't ask me what the actual cut-off time is as I really don't know. The team-sheet used to have to be handed to the referee 30 minutes prior to kick-off. I have a feeling it may now be 45 minutes, but don't quote me on that. Whether that means a signing can be completed 31 (or 46) minutes beforehand, I don't know.

Sorry that's all a bit vague but as a non-official it's my best guesswork!

Either way, I can guarantee that you will be able to read his name if it is written down anywhere. He will hopefully also be eligible.

PS. I see we're "doing twitter" now!

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

"Nailing this down" relies on more parties than just us and the player concerned. Hence the "four to foxtrot" comment.

There is plenty of time to have a signing sorted tomorrow. Signings can be completed up until relatively close to kick-off. Don't ask me what the actual cut-off time is as I really don't know. The team-sheet used to have to be handed to the referee 30 minutes prior to kick-off. I have a feeling it may now be 45 minutes, but don't quote me on that. Whether that means a signing can be completed 31 (or 46) minutes beforehand, I don't know.

Sorry that's all a bit vague but as a non-official it's my best guesswork!

Either way, I can guarantee that you will be able to read his name if it is written down anywhere. He will hopefully also be eligible.

PS. I see we're "doing twitter" now!

Err,not exactly,i haven't a clue how it works i leave that to you more nerdy types but i seem to be able to read what other's say without being able to actually contribute myself.

I really must learn……..people must by desperate to know when i'm having a dump!

Aled

Lol. Nice one DA, but it's Facebook people use to update random crap (no pun intended). I don't really 'do' twitter either, most of it seems pointless to me, although it does now seem to be the quickest way to find out scores, and signings it would seem.

I've checked out Mr Berwicks page but you have to follow him to see his tweets, really cor be arsed with that, or why he would accept as I'm pretty sure he doesn't know me!

Aled

By the way, I've just had a dump, most satisfying it was too.

TRM

Aled wrote:Lol. Nice one DA, but it's Facebook people use to update random crap (no pun intended). I don't really 'do' twitter either, most of it seems pointless to me, although it does now seem to be the quickest way to find out scores, and signings it would seem.

I've checked out Mr Berwicks page but you have to follow him to see his tweets, really cor be arsed with that, or why he would accept as I'm pretty sure he doesn't know me!

Think you're confusing FB and twitter. I've followed TB on twitter without him needing to "accept" me. You can do that with anybody as long as they don't "protect" their tweets so only people they approve can read them - though I really don't see the point in that, to be honest. As it happens, he followed me back within a couple of minutes, and is also now following the SFC official twitter as well, so I won't be slagging him off in my updates!  Laughing 

I don't do FB, but I think I'm right in saying you have to be "accepted" to be somebody's "friend".

I don't have friends, just some people I know, and others I am unavoidably lumbered with related to by blood/marriage.

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Aled wrote:Lol. Nice one DA, but it's Facebook people use to update random crap (no pun intended). I don't really 'do' twitter either, most of it seems pointless to me, although it does now seem to be the quickest way to find out scores, and signings it would seem.

Think you're confusing FB and twitter. I've followed TB on twitter without him needing to "accept" me. You can do that with anybody as long as they don't "protect" their tweets so only people they approve can read them - though I really don't see the point in that, to be honest. As it happens, he followed me back within a couple of minutes, and is also now following the SFC official twitter as well, so I won't be slagging him off in my updates!  Laughing 

I don't do FB, but I think I'm right in saying you have to be "accepted" to be somebody's "friend".

I don't have friends, just some people I know, and others I am unavoidably lumbered with related to by blood/marriage.

I'm even more confused about social media after reading that explanation thanks Rich :-)

Would it be possible for someone on FB or Twt to just ask Tommy outright for some clarification,has he changed his status on FB to "Hitched" to Stour etc,etc?

I loved your final line though,please let me quote,

"I don't have friends, just some people I know, and others I am unavoidably lumbered with related to by blood/marriage"……..LOL.

I think this covers most people who turn up at Amblecote to be honest and i'd include myself in that yet once together we mostly get on very well together like a dissfunctional family.

Then again,if you watch "The Following" on SKY Atlantic theres a good few who possibly come into THAT category!

Anyway,back to Mr Berwick……give him a prod over the ether please,he seems keen to discuss virtually anything from what i can see.

TRM

Simple facts are - we've done our bit, he's done his bit. Waiting on others. Out of our hands. But nothing to panic about, to the best of my knowledge.

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Simple facts are - we've done our bit, he's done his bit. Waiting on others. Out of our hands. But nothing to panic about, to the best of my knowledge.

Good news Rich,i'm confident it'll all be okay now,i just hope he can play against Biggles today.

Berwick strikes me as the sort of player to take us and keep us at the next level,i'd like to think that he's the benchmark for future signing's and i have a good feeling about this one.

He's had a few quick moves after initially doing well for a spell at Daventry so i hope he settles with us and that he and Benbow can find an understanding.

I don't think Luke is the easiest player to play with in a partnership.

He has a lot going for him but he need's to learn to get his head up and appreciate midfielder's running past him as well as appreciating his forward partner's movement's AND learning to anticipate a bigger Centre Forward's flick no's.

If Luke can add these facet's to his pace and power and eye for goal he could yet still break into the Football League,it's really up to him to discipline himself and learn these add on bits.

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Simple facts are - we've done our bit, he's done his bit. Waiting on others. Out of our hands. But nothing to panic about, to the best of my knowledge.

Good news Rich,i'm confident it'll all be okay now,i just hope he can play against Biggles today.

Berwick strikes me as the sort of player to take us and keep us at the next level,i'd like to think that he's the benchmark for future signing's and i have a good feeling about this one.

He's had a few quick moves after initially doing well for a spell at Daventry so i hope he settles with us and that he and Benbow can find an understanding.

I don't think Luke is the easiest player to play with in a partnership.

He has a lot going for him but he need's to learn to get his head up and appreciate midfielder's running past him as well as appreciating his forward partner's movement's AND learning to anticipate a bigger Centre Forward's flick on's.

If Luke can add these facet's to his pace and power and eye for goal he could yet still break into the Football League,it's really up to him to discipline himself and learn these add on bits.

TRM

Berwick signing is now completed - relax!

Stand by hopefully for news of another one in time for today's game!

Jack

Jack
Admin

Also worth noting that while how/why he left still irks us has to be said, That Ben has been very complimentary to us about the move.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

TRM

Jack wrote:Also worth noting that while how/why he left still irks us has to be said, That Ben has been very complimentary to us about the move.

Indeed.

Tweet from Ben Mackey just now - "@TommyBerwick9 all the best Tommy boy! Good people at @sgcofficial you'll enjoy it mate!"

I'm more open-minded about the reasons for Ben's departure, personally. I just don't think it ever quite worked on the pitch, and that isn't necessarily just down to him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum