Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classic moments of the 2013-2014 season.

+4
baz
Tricky Tree
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Devil's Advocate

Today at Workington when our one brave/mad supporter ventured round to the side stand just after their player had been sent off.

Ulster Jim starting the chant for our hero of "Theres only one Roy Cropper" followed by my own follow up of "You've bigger balls than Hayley" was a proper non league football happening.

The chap seemed truly oblivious to the fact that he was entering the "Lion's den" down that side of the pitch.

Tricky's "conversation" with their mouthy fan and subsequent chat with the steward was also a highlight.

Many more to come i hope.

stour_boy

stour_boy

Linden's terrible shooting in the half time subs practice at Evesham.

The bin at Alvechurch.

Poole's manager (and winding up of said person)

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:Linden's terrible shooting in the half time subs practice at Evesham.

The bin at Alvechurch.

Poole's manager (and winding up of said person)

Aah yes the bin,i seem to remember i was involved in that incident :-0

Alvechurch away was not my greatest night!

Is it 3-0? ( No need for your input Tricky! )

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Trying to talk Eric into using his stick on the bin at Alvechurch.
Chanting for Eric to wave his stick in the pouring rain at Working,only for him to give it a half hearted wiggle.(still got a cheer)

Devil surely Baz shouting to grow longer shorts at Hungerford has to be included?

One point I should raise....The stewards were perfectly fine at Workington with one stating that their loud mouth was an effin moron.

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

*Workington not working....bloody predictive text.

Devil's Advocate

The "jobs worth" stewards at Chippenham really did take the biscuit.

The "no standing on the yellow lines" all the way around the inside of the ground broke new ground in terms of ridiculousness.

However,it did lead to much p--- taking,i much enjoyed Ulster Jim's sortee onto the lines and him walking backward and forward on them because we'd been told they were "only for walking on and not for standing still".......nice one Jim.

I was also please with my own contribution of instigating the "Chippenham hokey,kokey" where one stood on the legal part and put one's "right leg in,right leg out" etc,etc,into the banned area.

Do these clubs not realise just how ridiculous they make themselves look with such pathetic rules?

baz

Some of the old Leamington stewards were as bad,the head steward at the time was a woman and when she was tackled about something her classic line was,my husband is a policeman! Think they all had the sack!

Nathan Gulliver

Devil's Advocate wrote:The "jobs worth" stewards at Chippenham really did take the biscuit.

The "no standing on the yellow lines" all the way around the inside of the ground broke new ground in terms of ridiculousness.

However,it did lead to much p--- taking,i much enjoyed Ulster Jim's sortee onto the lines and him walking backward and forward on them because we'd been told they were "only for walking on and not for standing still".......nice one Jim.

I was also please with my own contribution of instigating the "Chippenham hokey,kokey" where one stood on the legal part and put one's "right leg in,right leg out" etc,etc,into the banned area.j

Do these clubs not realise just how ridiculous they make themselves look with such pathetic rules?

There must be some sort of 'Elf and Safety' school in Wiltshire because we had exactly the same problem at Salisbury a few years ago! Chippenham stewards are the same every season. Bugger all else for them to do other than patrol those ever so dangerous yellow line areas. It's usually two fat women stewards at Chippenham who do the yellow line patrol,only one of them present last night. She was lecturing Ulster Jim on health and safety while smoking a fag! I know what I consider more of an issue to my health. Where do they find these jobsworth morons from?

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:The "jobs worth" stewards at Chippenham really did take the biscuit.

I was also please with my own contribution of instigating the "Chippenham hokey,kokey" where one stood on the legal part and put one's "right leg in,right leg out" etc,etc,into the banned area.j

There must be some sort of 'Elf and Safety' school in Wiltshire because we had exactly the same problem at Salisbury a few years ago! Chippenham stewards are the same every season. Bugger all else for them to do other than patrol those ever so dangerous yellow line areas. It's usually two fat women stewards at Chippenham who do the yellow line patrol,only one of them present last night. She was lecturing Ulster Jim on health and safety while smoking a fag! I know what I consider more of an issue to my health. Where do they find these jobsworth morons from?

Quite right Nath.

Making people walk all the way around the ground to get to the "away end" in the first half was the height of ridiculousness.

It's a pity that the fat cow didn't make more use of the "walking lane" herself,a hundred laps of the ground for every match throughout the season would see her get down to a size 18 by the end of May.

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nearly as bad as Nath leading us on a five minute trek around the ground because he led us up the wrong path!Very Happy 

Nathan Gulliver

Tricky Tree wrote:Nearly as bad as Nath leading us on a five minute trek around the ground because he led us up the wrong path!Very Happy 

It was only get a quick glimpse of the women's hockey mate,I knew where I was going!

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:Nearly as bad as Nath leading us on a five minute trek around the ground because he led us up the wrong path!Very Happy 
It was only get a quick glimpse of the women's hockey mate,I knew where I was going!
Lol.

Remember,i have pictures of Tricky and Jim meandering around the kiddies play area outside Hungerford's ground.

Devil's Advocate

Baz almost self combusting at the Biggleswade "corner count" in the first half.

Also,the Biggleswade fan who brought his own chair into The Shed End!!

baz

And counted them all on my 6 fingers lol

TRM

"It's Brockmoor!!!"

TRM

And Jim's Musical Youth impression...

"Where's the tea bar, Jim?"

"Past the tunnel on the left-hand side."

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:"It's Brockmoor!!!"

How could one forget?

I haven't updated my good friend yet TRM,i'm very much looking forward to doing so…………

Or maybe i'll leave that for you to do on Saturday!!

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Tonight against Frome.

Ulster: "The catering here is sh*t,the only good thing is the bovril,you can't go wrong with bovril. The food is awful and the burgers are total sh*t"
Two minutes later.
Steve Hyde:"Jim would you like a free pork roll?"
The words had hardly left his lips when Jim went scurrying off,salivating like an oaf muttering " Yes please,thank you Steve"
Woeful Jim,truly woeful.

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Tricky Tree wrote:Tonight against Frome.

Ulster: "The catering here is sh*t,the only good thing is the bovril,you can't go wrong with bovril.

As long as you don't drink it!!

Devil's Advocate

Baz once again getting on his high horse about someone on the Hitchin bench with too big a pair of shorts or too short a pair of legs!

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Truro at home.

Random bloke shouting "f**k off you jellyfish"

Then TCP reducing myself and Ulster to tears of laughter over his rant and subsequent song.....The look of bewilderment on Devil's face just added to the moment.

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Truro at home.

Random bloke shouting "f**k off you jellyfish"

Then TCP reducing myself and Ulster to tears of laughter over his rant and subsequent song.....The look of bewilderment on Devil's face just added to the moment.

The "Jellyfish" rant was aimed at Truro's keeper who went down quicker than Monica Lewinsky at the mere sight of our forward coming in his vicinity,truly a classic moment.

TCP's rant was aimed at Hughie Clark and the board,he accused them of sitting on "£250k in the bank" and not spending it all on players.

His song went something like this,

"I'm Hughie Clark and i am a clown,

I'm quite happy to see Stourbridge stay down"

TCP reckoned that Hughie sang this song out loud to himself in the clubhouse ffs :-)

It was hilarious tbh………but begs the question…………..why is TCP allowed to roam the streets?

baz

Poor old Andy Hill gets the brunt of TCP man about programmes and fanzines so please if anyone does see TCP man point him in Andy Hill direction lol few years ago he shut the door in the stand,asked him why he said it was cold!!

Forza

V Truro last week. Dean Coleman slices the ball straight out of play. Random chap to my left stands up "Learn to kick man!"

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Hungerford today.

TCP.....need I say anymore.
Highlight of the whole season for me.

Then we have another Baz classic.

Devil......"I can see this being a 0-1"
Baz....."Who to?"
Myself....."The 0-1 is a bit of a give away Baz"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: