Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bashley on Tuesday night

+7
baz
Brian Handy
Mintcake
Devil's Advocate
stour_boy
stoursi
TRM
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Bashley on Tuesday night Sat Jan 18 2014, 09:36

TRM

Bashley's home game against Hitchin has been called off today. They've only played once at home since 7th December - that was last Tuesday against Corby. Weather down there doesn't look too bad for the next few days but the game must be in some doubt.

2Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Sun Jan 19 2014, 11:11

stoursi

Agree with TRM game surely in doubt.

Think after yesterday we need this game to go ahead and get back to winning ways and get the season going again.

3Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Sun Jan 19 2014, 11:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

Could do with it being on, but likely won't be.

Need to bounce back from Saturday quickly.

4Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Sun Jan 19 2014, 21:29

Devil's Advocate

Is anyone going to the match?

The thought of the 160 mile 3 1/4 hour trip back is making me wince a bit if i'm honest as i still have an hours work to do whatever time i get back because of my internet business.

At my time of life the late night long distance drive is becoming a bit of a challenge.

I might relent if my usual bunch of passenger's decide they can stomach the task.

5Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Sun Jan 19 2014, 23:11

Mintcake

Devil's Advocate wrote:Is anyone going to the match?

The thought of the 160 mile 3 1/4 hour trip back is making me wince a bit if i'm honest as i still have an hours work to do whatever time i get back because of my internet business.

At my time of life the late night long distance drive is becoming a bit of a challenge.

I might relent if my usual bunch of passenger's decide they can stomach the task.

Can easily do the drive in 2.5 hours, especially when the roads are quieter (on the way back).
If the match is on I might make the trip.

6Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 11:32

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate wrote:Is anyone going to the match?

I'm not sensing an overwhelming desire from fan's in regards to going to this match.

Is there anybody out there…………………………..?

……………….Tumbleweed enters stage left :-(

7Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 11:52

TRM

I'm still a "maybe", but odds are probably against. Although I feel I am letting the team down if I don't go - not specific to tomorrow, I always feel that way about games I have to miss!

8Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 11:56

stoursi

Do we actually think the game will be on.

Weather forecast per the BBC is for Monday to be dry and Tuesday the same up to kick off time.

We really don't want the match abandoned after a long trip on a Tuesday.

9Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 12:18

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I'm still a "maybe", but odds are probably against. Although I feel I am letting the team down if I don't go - not specific to tomorrow, I always feel that way about games I have to miss!

I feel the same TRM.

Non of my usual "groupies" are willing to share my car and help keep me awake so i think i'm likely to be a "no show" as well.

I wonder how many of the squad will have "work commitments/have to stay home to wash their hair that night" etc,etc?

It'll be interesting to see the team and to a greater extent the bench for tomorrow night.

Eric on his one leg and Kenny Guest have packed their boots for the trip so i gather.

10Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 12:32

TRM

Tweet from Bashley about an hour ago...

"Hoping for a drying wind and no more rain before our planned fixture with sixth place Stourbridge on Tuesday."

As Si says, the forecast seems to be for just that up until about 7 tomorrow. You can't call the game off because of what MIGHT happen. If it's ok at 3 pm we'll just have to travel and hope for the best.

11Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 13:14

Brian Handy

Unfortunately work commitments prevent me from getting to this game and like TRM & DA I feel guilty about missing this game and not being able to give the team the support they need.

Dave will be running the MotM.

12Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 13:26

baz

Only just seen this thread,already booked on the coach with me dad,they have a facebook site and was talking to the admin on there,he or she is very confident will be on!! And will keep me updated if any developments.

13Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 13:45

stour_boy

stour_boy

Sounds fairly promising! Safe journey down to all those travelling to Bashley. I can't be there myself due to working late most days this week.

14Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 14:33

TRM

Although it looks like this will be one of our lowest away turn-outs of the season (if not THE lowest) due to the distance, the time of year, and the weather, I think it's important that the players know they still have the total backing of all the supporters who can't make it for whatever reason.

For all our moans and groans, concerns and complaints, all any of us want is for the team and the club to achieve the maximum it can on and off the pitch.

Good luck to the management and players tomorrow night!

COYG!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

15Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 14:49

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:Unfortunately work commitments prevent me from getting to this game and like TRM & DA I feel guilty about missing this game and not being able to give the team the support they need.

Dave will be running the MotM.

"Work"…….bloody hell Brian,i thought you'd reached the age,deep into your retirement,to receive double winter fuel allowance.

16Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 15:12

Brian Handy

Only a very, very, small amount of work (exam invigilating), which is why it rarely, if ever clashes with games.
I like to think they give me work because of my maturity and age related experience........... I remember using chalk boards at school.

17Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 15:23

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:Only a very, very, small amount of work (exam invigilating), which is why it rarely, if ever clashes with games.
I like to think they give me work because of my maturity and age related experience........... I remember using chalk boards at school.

Hope they allow you to sit Brian.

Nice comfy chair with a tartan checked rug tucked in neatly over your knees.

I suppose one of the students wheels you to the toilet? :-)

18Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 15:26

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Brian Handy wrote:Only a very, very, small amount of work (exam invigilating), which is why it rarely, if ever clashes with games.

You forgot the flask of tea and packet of hobnobs!

19Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 15:30

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

You forgot the flask of tea and packet of hobnobs!

I thought the use of the word "nob" immappropriate with him working at a school.

Flask was an obvious miss on my part though.

Bet his corduroy jacket has leather patches on the elbows.

Ooops,should edit…..mention of "leather" slightly un "PC" as well.

20Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 15:37

Brian Handy

Plus plenty of mints. I have asked if I can wear my yellow jacket to keep warm....they said no.

21Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 15:40

baz

Do i have to wind the goalie up on my own lol i like safety in numbers!

22Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 17:53

TRM

Save your energy for Biggleswade's no. 4 on Saturday, Baz!

23Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Mon Jan 20 2014, 18:01

the nephew of god

Myself & tattooed John will be on the 18.07 from Poole, then getting a taxi from New Milton station.
Spoke to a couple of Bashley fans after the Bournemouth v Watford match on Saturday & they thought it would be off. However, the weather has been nice today & is due to be OK tomorrow but with heavy rain starting at teatime - hardly the ideal time! Mind you, if we played at Gosport last season....
Look forward to seeing the hardy band of travellers there & making ourselves heard!
COME ON YOU GLASSBOYS!!

24Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Tue Jan 21 2014, 09:53

TRM

Decision made - not going for combined reasons of distance and doubt, as in the possibility of getting there to find it called off or abandoned.

25Bashley on Tuesday night Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Tue Jan 21 2014, 10:16

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Decision made - not going for combined reasons of distance and doubt, as in the possibility of getting there to find it called off or abandoned.

Thats a nice positive start to the day.

Now all we need is the list of players who have "other commitments".

Bashley have a home record of 0-1-9,do you get that horrible feeling…………….!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum