Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stevenage Away.

+20
PhilC
baz
Brian Handy
borofox
Taniwha
flexcavana
Jane.N
brockmoor
stour_boy
whisn
Aled
Dave the Glassboy
Paranoid Android
oldhillglassboy
NickSFCB
Tricky Tree
stoursi
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Jack
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:41

Jack

Jack
Admin

Btw, the new away kit is gorgeous. Top marks whoever picked that.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

52Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:48

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:Btw, the new away kit is gorgeous. Top marks whoever picked that.
Eh?

53Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:50

oldhillglassboy

Another memorable day, okay the result was what I expected but away against a full time third division side, I thought our first half performance was phenomenal, if one of those chance's had gone in who knows what might have happened, a bit like the North ferriby replay, Mr Westley was certainly very animated, but didn't seem any happier when they where in front!.  

Second half we saw little of the ball and tired which was only to be expected but never gave up, a couple of the goals looked unfortunate from a distance, (too far away, to comment on the penalty), the goal just before half time was a killer, although I thought it only hit the Stevenage player after it had just rolled out and was a corner, although I haven't met anyone who thinks likewise so perhaps I didn't have the best view, the Linesman thought it was unfortunately, to be fair they should have put a couple of chances away before then. Francis for Drake was the right call today and should have been for a while I think.

The atmosphere was electric throughout and the scenes with the players at the end where great, hope to see the same support at our forthcoming home games! but not all of them, the bloke on the pitch (good luck with getting home), and a couple of drunks who came in at twenty past three and shouted obscenities spring to mind,  unfortunately occasions like today attract people who make you feel you need to watch your back, not the normal non league experience. There was some pretty poor  behaviour on the coach on the way back which made for an unpleasant evening, i'm sure there was an alcohol ban on the plymouth coaches?, mind you these people (the politest word I can use) where well gone before they got back on the coach.

A massive thank you to the players and management, let's hope we can go one better than two years ago and make the play offs.

54Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:51

stour_boy

stour_boy

The kit was awesome.

Also to give Stevenage a bit of credit, the programme was good and the photos in the toilets was a great touch. Was nice to see some of their fans staying around after to applaud our players too.

I was pleased I managed to start off a few "YELLOWS" today as well!!

55Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:56

flexcavana

Oh forgot to say... Good Luck to Stevenage in the next round! Think that was the 5th time I've seen them and they have won every game. Lucky omen!

56Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 22:06

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I'm with you oldhillglassboy.....I also thought it was a corner.
I'm convinced we will be proved to be correct.

57Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 22:17

flexcavana

Nice to see our old friends Plymouth get into the 3rd round. I hope they get a good draw!

58Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 22:21

Jane.N

My coach (4) was full of wonderfully behaved people - many youngsters too. Extremely civilised! Very Happy Razz 

59Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 22:31

Taniwha

Can only echo what others have already said. Someone at the game said that we would get a fine for the pitch invader, I have no idea if this is the case but that is a shame if so.

I will admit this is my first ever away game (except redditch but that was actually a home game!) for various reasons and, except for some of the less pleasant scenes, I thoroughly enjoyed the day and I can't say thanks enough to the club.

After that first half display, I thought we were in good shape but that 1st goal knocked the stuffing out us a bit. Everyone involved at the club should be truly proud, I know I am of them!

60Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 22:32

NickSFCB

Thought the 1st 40minutes we not only matched them but bettered them and looked solid and at ease. As soon as they won that corner I predicted a goal. At exactly the wrong time to concede. Completely killed the game, and then conceding so early into the second half there was no way back. Still to see the goals again, but I think 3 of them were sloppy to concede. Credit to Stevenage they did what they had to do, and the better team has progressed. Hopefully they get a glamour tie like Plymouth away next.

As for the fans, mostly was good, nowhere near Plymouth away but there again the game and the circumstances were completely different.
No idea why their keeper was subject to pathetic levels of abuse. The stupid "let's pretend we've scored" wtf how is that supporting the team? Lots of other misbehaviour, probably too many to think of.
A few of the fans who are "stourbridge till I die" not only let themselves down but also the club. Quite Embarrassing really.
Am I missing something or is there logic to singing about kolo and toure yaya?

61Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 23:38

Aled

Fantastic support today. The stupid man city songs and abuse of their keeper was basically kids, I was stood directly behind the goal at the back and hardly saw any of the regulars unfortunately. I too didn't appreciate the 'pretend we've scored' nonsense while we were trying to get behind them but hey ho, we won't see most of them again. Coach 4 was indeed impeccably behaved, sorry to hear of others experiences.

As for the game, they were fitter and stronger but that was about it, horrible football to watch (22 quid) to watch that every week? They scored at just the right time sadly, and the second and third goals looked soft. I am incredibly proud at how the boys conducted themselves today, they gave it their all and never gave in even at 3 nil. It appear Mr Westley hadn't ingratiated himself given Gary's interview and Cliffys social media comment, I reserved judgement on him but appears it's true what they say!

Let's bank the cash and move on, a great adventure, Up the Glassboys!!

62Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 00:07

Jack

Jack
Admin

In fairness to Westley, his post match interview he has for him been quite complimentary about us. Kind of!

63Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 11:30

brockmoor

brockmoor

A thoroughly enjoyable day on the whole.

I thought the lads were superb for the first half. We grew into the game as the first half went on. You could noticeably see the Stevenage players confidence draining as the half went on, their fans started to get irate and we took advantage.

Benbows shot was inches wide and would have been a 'worldly' if that had gone in. Good save by Day from Rowes header also. We also had Canavans effort and a goal disallowed. Shame we couldnt have gone in at 0-0 at worst as it would have made things very interesting.

We still had a chance going in to the second half as long as we didnt concede in the first 10-15mins. However two sloppy goals that could be also seen as fortunate on their behalf killed the game, their fitness and know-how then meant they cruised through the second half. Shame we couldnt get a consolation goal but it wasnt meant to be.

Thought the fans were terrific. I think a little to much has been made of some of the singing etc. Harmless fun in my eyes and fair play to Day who took it on the chin, He earns very good money and I would suggest its water off a ducks back and he would have had much much worse.

Theres two ways of looking at the fan that run on the pitch. He shouldnt of course done it, but lets face it he wasnt going to harm anyone he wasnt aggresive in anyway, also he shouldnt have been allowed on the pitch, this was down to poor stewarding, simply people not doing the jobs they are paid to do. As for the singing of 'lets pretend we have scored a goal'.... I think some of the regulars have taken this out of context and I had no problem with it.

Lets face it every club will have fans jumping on the bandwagon when things are going well. It doesnt matter if its a non league club or league club. In the past local football league sides have taken bigger away followings than normal for 'bigger' games. It was always going to be the same for us yesterday, as was the case at Plymouth.

I thought the team were superb, and special congratulations to Broadhurst, Richards, Benbow, Francis & Geddes who i thought had very good games, but all came out with huge credit.

Well done Stourbridge FC.

#proud

64Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Boro Fan Sun Dec 08 2013, 13:06

borofox

Hi Stevenage fan here.
Just wanted to give my insight into the game. Thought We Started off slow yesterday, and laid back. Like most teams do, we see part time teams as easy smash and grab. We've been a "Smash and grab"  team before, Newcastle for instance.
Many of our fans didn't turn up today as again, people don't take the first rounds of the Fa cup seriously, plus it being shopping season.
as for the twats ripping up chairs, i'm sure their sister-mother is happy with the 12 toed, window licking freaks. Probably think they're hard nuts spitting from behind the safety of a barrier. less said about them the better.
Fielding our weakened side, was not the best choice. made for a sloppy game. Grinding out these games doesn't make for a happy team.

As for matey on here saying that our ground wasn't up to scratch for skrill prem. All I can say is the size of a stadium doesn't affect a team, if they can score goals. who cares if I don't have a seat that massages my arse.

All the best for your season.

Boro Fox

65Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 13:44

brockmoor

brockmoor

borofox wrote:Hi Stevenage fan here.
Just wanted to give my insight into the game. Thought We Started off slow yesterday, and laid back. Like most teams do, we see part time teams as easy smash and grab. We've been a "Smash and grab"  team before, Newcastle for instance.
Many of our fans didn't turn up today as again, people don't take the first rounds of the Fa cup seriously, plus it being shopping season.
as for the twats ripping up chairs, i'm sure their sister-mother is happy with the 12 toed, window licking freaks. Probably think they're hard nuts spitting from behind the safety of a barrier. less said about them the better.
Fielding our weakened side, was not the best choice. made for a sloppy game. Grinding out these games doesn't make for a happy team.

As for matey on here saying that our ground wasn't up to scratch for skrill prem. All I can say is the size of a stadium doesn't affect a team, if they can score goals. who cares if I don't have a seat that massages my arse.

Boro Fox
Are you in anyway related to your $rick of a manager?

£22 to watch that every week. Enjoy your last few games in League One. I do believe you will find your correct level very soon.

Cheerio

PS were you one of the few hundred that bothered to come to ours few years ago? Yesterday you saw proper support from a non league club, not a joke of support from a 'league one' club you brought.

66Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 15:41

borofox

Would you like some sugar with your sour grapes son?. Oh yes I am related to Graham Westley, when my last names Fox, aww such a special boy. Take it you are the 12 toed window licking inbred I was talking about then. Put that seat to good use, maybe you can have at least 1 seat in your p#ss poor stadium.
Had we taken Stourbridge seriously, then you would know what support really is. To answer your final question, no I didn't travel to your shed for the game, had better things to do.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Ta da.

brockmoor wrote:

Boro Fox

£22 to watch that every week. Enjoy your last few games in League One. I do believe you will find your correct level very soon.

Cheerio

PS were you one of the few hundred that bothered to come to ours few years ago? Yesterday you saw proper support from a non league club, not a joke of support from a 'league one' club you brought.

67Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 16:26

brockmoor

brockmoor

borofox wrote:
Would you like some sugar with your sour grapes son?. Oh yes I am related to Graham Westley, when my last names Fox, aww such a special boy. Take it you are the 12 toed window licking inbred I was talking about then. Put that seat to good use, maybe you can have at least 1 seat in your p#ss poor stadium.
Had we taken Stourbridge seriously, then you would know what support really is. To answer your final question, no I didn't travel to your shed for the game, had better things to do.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Ta da.

Sour grapes! I my lord are you for real. I cant tell you how proud I am if my team. We had your lot of overpaid 'stars' sweating in the first half, likewise the fans.

As for your last name, how am I supposed to know what it is? Im not Paul McKenna! Funnily enough my surname is not Brockmoor! I gather your first name must be 'Boro'!Rolling Eyes

Anyway do you think you will break the 250 mark for travelling away fans to Doncaster? I would suggest it will be a struggle for your sound 'professional football league set up'! Laughing 

brockmoor wrote:

Boro Fox

Cheerio

68Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 16:28

brockmoor

brockmoor

Sour grapes! Oh my lord are you for real. I cant tell you how proud I am of my team. We had your lot of overpaid 'stars' sweating in the first half, likewise the fans.

As for your last name, how am I supposed to know what it is? Im not Paul McKenna! Funnily enough my surname is not Brockmoor! I gather your first name must be 'Boro'!

Anyway do you think you will break the 250 mark for travelling away fans to Doncaster? I would suggest it will be a struggle for your sound 'professional football league set up'!

69Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 16:34

Jack

Jack
Admin

No doubt Stevenage will take 4K to Donny. Mwahaha. Can't help but feel smug.

70Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 17:15

borofox

Well that just further proves my point, that you are indeed an inbred douche bag. Our "stars" are on a low wage for the league they are in actually, because we don't think we are bigger than what we are. Which is what you seem to think your pub team is.
And as for the Travelling group we take, since it will be a proper team and our allocation is 1,500, then that is what we will take.
Hope you enjoyed your cup final yesterday.
take care.
brockmoor wrote:Sour grapes! Oh my lord are you for real. I cant tell you how proud I am of my team. We had your lot of overpaid 'stars' sweating in the first half, likewise the fans.

As for your last name, how am I supposed to know what it is? Im not Paul McKenna! Funnily enough my surname is not Brockmoor! I gather your first name must be 'Boro'!

Anyway do you think you will break the 250 mark for travelling away fans to Doncaster? I would suggest it will be a struggle for your sound 'professional football league set up'!

71Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 17:20

brockmoor

brockmoor

borofox wrote:Well that just further proves my point, that you are indeed an inbred douche bag. Our "stars" are on a low wage for the league they are in actually, because we don't think we are bigger than what we are. Which is what you seem to think your pub team is.
And as for the Travelling group we take, since it will be a proper team and our allocation is 1,500, then that is what we will take.
Hope you enjoyed your cup final yesterday.
take care.
brockmoor wrote:Sour grapes! Oh my lord are you for real. I cant tell you how proud I am of my team. We had your lot of overpaid 'stars' sweating in the first half, likewise the fans.

Our 'Pub' team kept your lot to 0-0 for nearly 45mins, that says it all. My 'Pub' team play football unlike your lot who prefer to stare in to the stars for 90 minutes.

One final question.
Will you yourself be travelling as you mentioned that you were a part time fan and didnt come to our place.
And finallly what drugs are you on? 1400 to Doncaster you reckon is that a misprint, did you mean to type 140! Laughing

72Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 17:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Leave it Brockmoor....the bloke is a prick.

73Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 17:53

borofox

Well you brought you whole town yesterday, plus some of the wba lot. so now you can go back to supporting them now.

You sound fit tricky tree.
Do you fancy a bit of bum. I can just stick a digit in it if you don't want to go all out.

Tricky Tree wrote:Leave it Brockmoor....the bloke is a prick.

74Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 17:57

Jack

Jack
Admin

Are you still here? Isn't it about time you plan the Stevenage assault on Doncaster? With the thousands upon thousands of fans you've got who had no time for that village team

75Stevenage Away.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sun Dec 08 2013, 18:01

Devil's Advocate

borofox wrote:Well you brought you whole town yesterday, plus some of  the wba lot. so now you can go back to supporting them now.

You sound fit tricky tree.
Do you fancy a bit of bum. I can just stick a digit in it if you don't want to go all out.

Tricky Tree wrote:Leave it Brockmoor....the bloke is a prick.

Give Tom Daley our best wishes next time you're with him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum