Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stevenage Away.

+20
PhilC
baz
Brian Handy
borofox
Taniwha
flexcavana
Jane.N
brockmoor
stour_boy
whisn
Aled
Dave the Glassboy
Paranoid Android
oldhillglassboy
NickSFCB
Tricky Tree
stoursi
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Jack
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:19

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Gary's not a big fan of Mr Westley, it would seem...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25236524
Westley suffers from "Small man syndrome",it's likely that any woman he drop's his trouser's for is likely to remark…."Oh Graham……it's just like a p£nis but a lot smaller!"

Arrogance permeates every pore of the bloke,quite why though is beyond me.

He promotes a hideous brand of "hoof-ball",most of his player's are like identikit robots and he failed as soon as he went to a bigger club,Preston's fan's absolutely hated him and his style of football.

People like this little pipsqueak get delusion's of grandeur based on nothing very much to substantiate such a stance.

It was funny at the Cambridge City away match when 20 of us behind the goal were chanting…"Graham Westley,you're a w@nker,you're a w@nker" because so sparse was the crowd that it echoed around brilliantly,Westley was there scouting us and he couldn't fail to hear it.

With 800+ singing it tomorrow it will be a real highlight of the day.

For Gary alone,i hope we give Westley a real kick in the nuts!!

In a perverse kind of way I think Westley has actually shown us a lot of respect behaving the way he has.

He's well-known for being arrogant and aloof, and never makes any effort to pretend otherwise. It's also pretty obvious that he's not popular amongst other managers and doesn't go out of his way to change that. Frankly, he couldn't care less what other people at other clubs think of him.

And he's behaved just the same way with us.

To be honest it would have been more of an insult if he'd been all pally with Gary as it would have meant he wasn't taking us seriously.

Would have been great to turn him over, though...

127Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 14:30

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Gary's not a big fan of Mr Westley, it would seem...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25236524
Westley suffers from "Small man syndrome",it's likely that any woman he drop's his trouser's for is likely to remark…."Oh Graham……it's just like a p£nis but a lot smaller!"

Arrogance permeates every pore of the bloke,quite why though is beyond me.

He promotes a hideous brand of "hoof-ball",most of his player's are like identikit robots and he failed as soon as he went to a bigger club,Preston's fan's absolutely hated him and his style of football.

People like this little pipsqueak get delusion's of grandeur based on nothing very much to substantiate such a stance.

It was funny at the Cambridge City away match when 20 of us behind the goal were chanting…"Graham Westley,you're a w@nker,you're a w@nker" because so sparse was the crowd that it echoed around brilliantly,Westley was there scouting us and he couldn't fail to hear it.

With 800+ singing it tomorrow it will be a real highlight of the day.

For Gary alone,i hope we give Westley a real kick in the nuts!!

In a perverse kind of way I think Westley has actually shown us a lot of respect behaving the way he has.

He's well-known for being arrogant and aloof, and never makes any effort to pretend otherwise. It's also pretty obvious that he's not popular amongst other managers and doesn't go out of his way to change that. Frankly, he couldn't care less what other people at other clubs think of him.

And he's behaved just the same way with us.

To be honest it would have been more of an insult if he'd been all pally with Gary as it would have meant he wasn't taking us seriously.

Would have been great to turn him over, though...

You've got a strange way of measuring "respect" TRM.

128Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:26

TRM

I did say it was a perverse way of looking at it!

Basically he's shown us exactly the same amount of respect as he shows everybody else.

None.

That in itself is a "perverse" mark of respect!

129Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:46

PhilC

Aled wrote:My money was still on the plump ginger fella being the access route......does that sound wrong?!

Nothing to do with me  Smile 

130Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:49

brockmoor

brockmoor

TRM wrote:I did say it was a perverse way of looking at it!

Basically he's shown us exactly the same amount of respect as he shows everybody else.

None.

I could half understand his arogance if Westley had managed at a high level.
But Stevenage ffs! Even the Preston job was to big for him! Laughing

131Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:06

TRM

brockmoor wrote:

None.

No it wasn't too big for him. He was getting it right. They just didn't appreciate the masterful way he was doing the job so they got rid of him horrendously prematurely just as he was starting to lick things into shape.

That's the version I read in an interview he gave, anyway...

132Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:22

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

None.

No it wasn't too big for him. He was getting it right. They just didn't appreciate the masterful way he was doing the job so they got rid of him horrendously prematurely just as he was starting to lick things into shape.

The only thing he could "lick" is his own "lolly" and that's only due to him having such a small upper body and massive head!

133Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 18:04

Tucks

Boro fan, in peace!

Was refreshing to see a non-league side come to Broadhall Way, reminds us of our roots and where we were just a few seasons ago.

The support you guys had was fantastic, you'll always get a few idiots, regardless of whether they are die hards or fair weather fans. Regardless, hopefully they will get the correct punishment and don't cause your club to receive any kind of fine. An assumption but I'm guessing there will be a bill for stand damage on its way however.

You really stifled us in the first half, we're struggling at the moment and it looked like you were going to really push us. The first goal coupled with tiredness probably killed the game off for you, it may be cliched but the part-time to full-time energy levels really are noticeable.

Your number 11 Benbow looked dangerous early on, got a nasty knock to the face and it seemed to curtail his involvement somewhat. Strange move to push him onto the right wing for the second half when he was causing our centre backs grief with his pace early doors. Other than that, it may be nerves but the keeper looks quite suspect?

On Westley, he is a good manager, guilty of thinking the grass was greener last season perhaps but if I was offered the same job I do now on a bigger pay packet elsewhere then I guess my head would be turned too. He has a lot to answer for at Stevenage, it remains to be seen if he has those answers.

Good luck with the rest of your season from a cockney wannabe.

134Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 18:12

flexcavana

Refreshingly honest post there Tucks. Fair summation of Saturday's events I would say! I am sure you are a greater reflection of most Stevenage FC fans than our friend Mr Borofox!

Don't want to revisit old ground with regards 'the invader' but I think his main crime has been overlooked. I mean, a Burberry deerstalker!? Really!? He should have to pay a fine for that alone, what a wally!

135Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 20:00

TRM

Thanks, Tucks. That's how to win with a bit of style!

Flex - I think you've just shown your age and confirmed your place in the "Veterans" team. Not heard anybody use the word "wally" since about 1994!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

136Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 20:34

TRM

TRM wrote:We have a very important game on Tuesday night to keep the last significant Cup competition alive, and then we have a big, must-win (aren't they all?), home game next Saturday before a week off (hoorah!!!) and then the journey to Hemel. Let's get behind the lads and make sure that all the positives from yesterday are not wasted.

COYG!!!!!

Cripes - just realised we haven't got a week off at all! We've got Frome at home a week tomorrow! In fact we haven't got a free midweek as it stands until the first week in February, and that's assuming no postponements between now and then!

At least most of the midweeks are at home. Frome, Redditch (Boxing Day), Bedford, Hungerford and Truro all coming to us midweek, whereas we only have to hit the road for Banbury (New Year's Day) and Bashley.

137Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 11:48

With regards to the Stour fan who damaged the seat, there is one obvious question that nobody has asked yet. And that is simply why would anyone want to steal part of the Stevenage ground  Shocked 

As for the 20 stone steward, he was standing straight in front of me. And if you changed the colour of his hair, he looked just like Roland Browning out of "Grange Hill" Laughing 

138Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 11:51

baz

The lad who ran on the pitch,came back on the stour coach,not sure what the plod did to him in the van! Maybe he took his hands out of his pockets lol

139Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 12:53

Paranoid Android

TRM wrote:Don't know if this is right, but according to Football Away Days on Twitter (@FBAwayDays), the biggest travelling supports in the FA Cup this weekend were...

Dover Athletic (at MK Dons) - 1,068
Stourbridge - 800
Bristol City (at Tamworth) - 755

I know ours was quoted as 809, not 800, so as I say I don't know how accurate those other two figures are, or whether there are any others missing.

Definitely a feather in the cap, although maybe another sign of the lack of interest in the Cup from Football League sides. Those figures suggest, for example, that we had more than Sheffield United did at Cambridge Utd today, or Coventry at Hartlepool yesterday.

Overall great support,shame i didn`t recognise half the people there though. Rolling Eyes 
If it wasn`t for Aled wearing his new pink `i love Tom`t-shirt then i wouldn`t have known he was there either. Very Happy 

Great atmosphere 1st half,shame about the negativity with the chanting 2nd half:out of order giving the keeper stick but even more pathetic was the `Man City`chanting from the Premiership contingent.

I remember not too long ago when we struggled to get 100 to our home games so to me the more people watching,supporting,buying merchandise,posting on our forums the better but the difference between non league supporters & the big time premier league supporters really was apparent during that 2nd half.

Well done to the lads-a great effort,really pleased that we attacked from the off.
Although i always looked at this as a bonus game i do think it will have given Gary a more comprehensive insight into who can/who can`t in terms of improving the squad for our play off push.

140Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 13:05

Paranoid Android

Jane.N wrote:My coach (4) was full of wonderfully behaved people - many youngsters too. Extremely civilised! Very Happy Razz 

It`s because we were all scared of the Headmistress in charge. Laughing 

141Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 13:15

Paranoid Android

TRM wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

None.

I heard his interview on Talksport shortly after Preston blundered by letting him go,and quite frankly i`m a believer.it`s never his fault & he is a genius.

Not since i was 8 years old having my first training session with Heron Athletic have i ever seen such enlightened coaching methods demonstrated so gloriously with the `ring a ring a roses/all hold hands`technique  by the Stevenage defence at one point in the 2nd half.

Magical.

142Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 15:29

rasam

well done to all at stourbridge fc, a fantastic effort by supporters by all accounts. onwards and upwards

143Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 20:56

Jack

Jack
Admin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbJfd2uCAAAbim7.jpg

Clearly our friends at Stevenage couldn't get themselves up for Swindon, like they couldn't get themselves up for our little village team...

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

144Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 21:07

TRM

Neutral view on Saturday's game... and a good read it is, too!

http://thefootballneutral.com/2013/12/10/the-football-neutral-match-fourteen-stevenage-vs-stourbridge/

145Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 22:07

stour_boy

stour_boy

A report has been filed with the FA regarding the spectator encroaching onto the pitch at the conclusion of Saturday's match, the third such report in as many seasons for the club. Not good news.

146Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 22:09

Jack

Jack
Admin

When where the other 2?

147Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 22:16

stour_boy

stour_boy

Plymouth away and Arlesey away

148Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 22:35

Jack

Jack
Admin

Oh R.  Very Happy Razz 

149Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 23:05

Aled

Arlesey away? What happened there then. Wasn't that thug Brian 'on the pitch' Handy again was it?!

150Stevenage Away.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Tue Dec 10 2013, 23:29

stour_boy

stour_boy

I wasn't there but I think it was the infamous 'biker' incident.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum