Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Rowe.

+5
TRM
NickSFCB
Dave the Glassboy
Jack
Devil's Advocate
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ryan Rowe. Empty Ryan Rowe. Sun Nov 10 2013, 00:43

Devil's Advocate

The little fella is starting to look more like his old self in the last few games.

His movement is better and he's becoming a real pest again,he's also starting to link well with Benbow.

Saturday's goal's v Biggleswade were typical Ryan goal's from his previous spell with us and i'm pleased to see him getting his confidence back.

A question though,IF we happened to draw Kiddie in round two does his loan deal mean they could put the block on him playing for us against them?

2Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Nov 10 2013, 00:47

Jack

Jack
Admin

I suspect yes. Which is annoying as imo Ryan doesn't have a future at Kiddy. That's nowt to with his talent, mind.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Nov 10 2013, 08:59

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Found this on the FA Cup competition rules:

(i) A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup
Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a
copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed
for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has
approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a
player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another
Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to
and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the
Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give
permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club
However:

(iv) Players on season “long term loan agreements”, are not considered “loan” players for
the purposes of the Rule, and are therefore eligible to play in the Competition.

Unfortunately, section (iv) doesn't cover games against the "lending club" so it could be anyone's guess.

Certainly in the Premier League (and maybe the Football League as well), loan players are not allowed to play against the parent club regardless of whether they would give permission or not. Whether that applies in the FA Cup I don't know.

Let's worry about that scenario if it actually happens.

4Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Nov 10 2013, 10:20

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:Found this on the FA Cup competition rules:

(i) A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup
Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a
copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed
for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has
approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a
player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another
Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to
and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the
Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give
permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club
However:

(iv) Players on season “long term loan agreements”, are not considered “loan” players for
the purposes of the Rule, and are therefore eligible to play in the Competition.

Unfortunately, section (iv) doesn't cover games against the "lending club" so it could be anyone's guess.

Certainly in the Premier League (and maybe the Football League as well), loan players are not allowed to play against the parent club regardless of whether they would give permission or not. Whether that applies in the FA Cup I don't know.

Let's worry about that scenario if it actually happens.
Thanks for that Dave.

Rowe has a loan agreement that can be revisited in January by all parties i believe so i think it's safe to say there is more chance of you playing centre forward IF we do draw Kiddie than Ryan himself.

5Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Mon Nov 11 2013, 09:02

NickSFCB

I was under the impression had we been drawn versus Kiddy, then Ryan would not of been able to play.

6Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Tue Jan 07 2014, 11:55

Jack

Jack
Admin

Burr's left Kiddy. This could be an interesting few weeks regarding Rowey... Well documented that they didn't particularly get on by the time Ryan went on loan.

7Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Tue Jan 07 2014, 12:28

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Burr's left Kiddy. This could be an interesting few weeks regarding Rowey... Well documented that they didn't particularly get on by the time Ryan went on loan.

With Gash,Malbon and young Lolley on their books i'll be amazed if they want Ryan back.

8Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Tue Jan 07 2014, 12:56

Jack

Jack
Admin

I'll be amazed if Lolley is there at the end of the month. Lots of league clubs after him.

9Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Tue Jan 07 2014, 13:17

TRM

Don't really keep up with the players at Kiddy, but haven't they got Morgan-Smith as well, and Blissett currently out on loan too?

I doubt they would want Rowey back unless they had a deal to offload him "properly."

Incidentally, Kevin Wilkin of Nuneaton is being quoted as the early favourite for the manager's job.

10Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Wed Jan 08 2014, 15:03

TRM

Andy Thorn appointed.

Suspiciously quickly, I'd say...

11Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 16:40

TRM

Isn't the rumour-mill a marvellous thing...

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8168

12Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 18:01

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Isn't the rumour-mill a marvellous thing...

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8168

Good job we know the facts TRM,the rubbish being spouted on the Kiddie forum makes them look a right bunch of muppets!

13Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 18:23

Jack

Jack
Admin

What is the latest? We've offered him a deal?

14Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 18:45

baz

Heard about that rumour and been told not true,and another rumour we having Nathan Vaughan in exchange(that was a joke)had a word with him saturday,said stour fans send their love! Made him smile!

15Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 18:48

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:What is the latest? We've offered him a deal?

Yes we have but it's only fair the details are not discussed on here.

16Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 19:20

TRM

baz wrote:Heard about that rumour and been told not true,and another rumour we having Nathan Vaughan in exchange(that was a joke)had a word with him saturday,said stour fans send their love! Made him smile!

I'd hardly call a keeper for a striker an "exchange"!

17Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 19:30

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
baz wrote:Heard about that rumour and been told not true,and another rumour we having Nathan Vaughan in exchange(that was a joke)had a word with him saturday,said stour fans send their love! Made him smile!

I'd hardly call a keeper for a striker an "exchange"!

Baz work's for Sainsbury's TRM……….he was going by THEIR standards :-(

18Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 20:23

TRM

In that case, couldn't we trade Rowey in for a Play Station then?

19Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 20:23

TRM

That was no reflection on Rowey, by the way!

20Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Sun Jan 12 2014, 21:36

stour_boy

stour_boy

Jack wrote:What is the latest? We've offered him a deal?

According to Gary, from an article in the Stourbridge News, they sat down with Ryan and offered him a deal. Guess it's just a case of 'watch this space'.

21Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Mon Jan 13 2014, 19:11

TRM

Rowey's been recalled by Kiddy - official.

22Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Mon Jan 13 2014, 20:09

Jack

Jack
Admin

That's that then.

23Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Mon Jan 13 2014, 20:19

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

We can kiss goodbye to the play offs.

24Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Mon Jan 13 2014, 20:22

stour_boy

stour_boy

Blimey, I thought I was pessimistic!

25Ryan Rowe. Empty Re: Ryan Rowe. Mon Jan 13 2014, 20:30

TRM

Positives...

We have Luke, who proved himself capable of being a lone-striker last season.

We presumably have room in the budget now which can be used to sign another striker

Negatives...

Luke is our only striker who (in my opinion) is up to SL Prem standard, unless you count Will who is still largely unproven at this level, and I would say is needed more in defence

Luke has a three-match ban coming up

As well as ideally needing to sign a striker to replace Ryan, there are other gaps in the squad that need addressing (again, my opinion)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next