Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's the M6 Watch thread!

+3
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
Devil's Advocate
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty It's the M6 Watch thread! Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:19

Devil's Advocate

Not as exciting as the "Nathan Gulliver" thread,i'll grant you that but obviously of prime importance to some people......especially with the Workington trip in mind.

A word of caution folks,my journey up to Stoke today to watch Albion was tedious,the M6 is undergoing a load of work from around junction 11 up to just past Stafford at junction 13,those SPECS cameras are monitoring "average speed" although i'd like to offer my personal congratulations to anyone managing to break the 40mph limit imposed today!

With many making an early Saturday start next week you may find it okay to use the M5/M6 having got on at Halesowen junc 3 on the M5 but if going Friday i'd strongly suggest going to Wolverhampton and then on the A449 through Penkridge and getting on the M6 at junc 13 and coming off there on the way back as i did today.

Friday will be a nightmare for certain on the M6 in those parts and Saturday is a bit of a risk in terms of slowing your journey.

The A449 and A34 were of great use today Dave :-]]

Didn't put this on "Off Topic" as that section seems to be lacking in visitors these days.

2It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Sun Oct 20 2013, 00:09

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Those roadworks certainly caused some hassle on my last trip back from Warrington. Still hoping that one day they'll introduce a 10pm rail service back to Wolverhampton but not holding my breath on that one!

For the record, the M6 southbound was running freely between junctions 8 and 4 when I went to the basketball tonight even with the 50mph restrictions.

3It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 11:06

Devil's Advocate

Do Stourboy or Dave have any up to date information in regards to the M6 prior to our long journey?

Much appreciated boys :-]]

4It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 11:18

stour_boy

stour_boy

It was a nightmare this morning between the junction with the M5 and Spaghetti :/

5It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 13:09

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Lovely but wrong bloody direction.

6It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 13:16

stoursi

On the way now.

Slow traffic between junction 16 and 20.

Hope its better tomorrow for whoever is making the journey.

7It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 13:18

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:On the way now.

Slow traffic between junction 16 and 20.

Hope its better tomorrow for whoever is coming tomorrow.

All updates appreciated over the next day and a half.

Stourboy.......i take it you've not been studying geography? :-]]

8It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 14:15

TRM

It was chaos this morning because someone "fell" off a bridge onto the Motorway, which was then closed in both directions. Hardly normal circumstances!

9It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 15:39

stoursi

TRM the part of the M6 which was closed was before the Wednesbury junction so would not have affected me as I got on at junction 13.

Junction 16 to 18 slow traffic for no apparent reason.

Junction 18 to 20 slow traffic due accident.

Also slow traffic around junction 26 and 31.

Hopefully be okay tomorrow.

At the moment in the Lake District. Thunder and lighting at moment with heavy rain.

10It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 18:15

TRM

stoursi wrote:TRM the part of the M6 which was closed was before the Wednesbury junction so would not have affected me as I got on at junction 13.

Junction 16 to 18 slow traffic for no apparent reason.

Junction 18 to 20 slow traffic due accident.

Also slow traffic around junction 26 and 31.

Hopefully be okay tomorrow.

At the moment in the Lake District. Thunder and lighting at moment with heavy rain.
I was replying more to Stourboy's comment about the bit by Spaghetti junction. Don't worry, I've got no intention of going that way to Workington!

Let's be honest, anybody who expects to drive up the M6 from here to Preston without ever dropping below 70 mph ( Wink  ) is deluded. The bit from 16 to 19 is almost always a bit slow, and almost always as Si says for no apparent reason, and then you often get problems up from Wigan to the Blackpool turn off. Once you're past there it's usually a lot better. And today was the start of the half term week for a lot of people as well.

I wouldn't expect too many hitches tomorrow.

Any chance of a pitch inspection before 8 in the morning Si? Laughing Laughing Laughing 

11It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 18:39

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:It was chaos this morning because someone "fell" off a bridge onto the Motorway, which was then closed in both directions. Hardly normal circumstances!
Someone very selfishly decided to jump, yes.

Thanks for pointing out that it isn't normal circumstances though, it obviously doesn't qualify as a comment about the M6 then! Rolling Eyes 

12It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 18:53

stoursi

TRM no be eating my full breakfast. Sorry.

Once again hope you all get there safely.

13It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 21:18

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Friday's normally the worst day on the M6 northbound in my experience - weekends tend to be a bit quieter. Well, relatively. And not always.

And I'm doing the bloody thing twice as I'm going to Warrington on Sunday!

14It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 21:23

TRM

I'm doing it twice as well - once on the way there and once on the way back!

15It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Fri Oct 25 2013, 23:14

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:Friday's normally the worst day on the M6 northbound in my experience - weekends tend to be a bit quieter. Well, relatively. And not always.

And I'm doing the bloody thing twice as I'm going to Warrington on Sunday!

See Dave............i knew you were obsessed by it......you just can't keep away from it can you.....CAN YOU !!!?

16It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Sat Oct 26 2013, 10:38

Jack

Jack
Admin

2 hours in and we're 13 miles from Preston. This M6 lark is a doddle. Having said that, hearing from Tricky, it's not so good further south. Mwhahaha.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

17It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:30

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:2 hours in and we're 13 miles from Preston. This M6 lark is a doddle. Having said that, hearing from Tricky, it's not so good further south. Mwhahaha.
Some of us were wrapped up warm and cosy by 9.15pm back at our Stourbridge homes.

Tricky is lucky he's not spending the night in a cell in Cumbria :-]]

18It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:35

TRM

9.00 on the dot when I walked back through the front door in Kiddy. Would have been ten to 9 if I hadn't had to drop TT and his lad off at the station.

19It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:47

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:9.00 on the dot when I walked back through the front door in Kiddy. Would have been ten to 9 if I hadn't had to drop TT and his lad off at the station.
We stopped for 45 minutes for food TRM,when we do a day out we don't do it on the cheap!

Baz will be astounded,he reckons you never go above 70 mph :-]]

20It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:27

Devil's Advocate

M42 still closed today,that's 24 hours now.

Is Nathan Bennet still sat there?

He's going to be stiffer than a corpse for Tuesday's replay!

21It's the M6 Watch thread! Empty Re: It's the M6 Watch thread! Sun Nov 17 2013, 17:00

TRM

It's re-opened! Nathan might well be home in time for tea.

Yesterday's tea!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum