Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw.

+13
stoursi
Brian Handy
baz
Stourbridge Lion
Paranoid Android
Tricky Tree
TRM
brockmoor
PhilC
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
dave w
Devil's Advocate
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 19:23

TRM

dave w wrote:Not counting Bradford PA and  Chester as they're different clubs, have we ever played a former league team before?
Glossop North End for starters. And Southport. And Gainsborough Trinity. And Kidderminster Harriers (though I suspect you mean Football League prior to automatic promotion/relegation).

There must be others.

EDIT - Northwich Victoria. And when we played West Brom in the BSC last season they were technically a "Former Football League club"!

Last edited by TRM on Wed Oct 16 2013, 19:30; edited 1 time in total

77FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 19:25

dave w

TRM wrote:
dave w wrote:Not counting Bradford PA and  Chester as they're different clubs, have we ever played a former league team before?
Glossop North End for starters. And Southport. And Gainsborough Trinity. And Kidderminster Harriers (though I suspect you mean Football League prior to automatic promotion/relegation).

There must be others.

EDIT - Northwich Victoria.
Glossop. There was a pleasant trip.

78FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 19:31

TRM

It was, wasn't it? Last minute winner by Anthony Briscoe. Same day as England won 5-1 in Munich.

79FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 19:34

TRM

Don't think there are any others - I've checked against a list on Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Football_League_clubs

I think somebody's had a bit of fun listing Cardiff City. Last season: 2012/13. Reason for leaving: Rebranded. Current status: Defunct! Probably the work of a Swansea City supporter!

80FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 21:08

dave w

TRM wrote:It was, wasn't it? Last minute winner by Anthony Briscoe. Same day as England won 5-1 in Munich.
Kev Monks was with us wasn't he? I remember someone about to punch Beast as well.

81FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 21:42

Nathan Gulliver

Ahh the beast! Let's hope he is still alive and kicking . Last known sighting in The Dubliner, that friendly welcoming pub in Digbeth! Believe he is living above that pub unless he has invested in that brothel across the road! He would run a mile at the very sight of a naked woman!

Any recent sightìngs by anybody?

82FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 21:43

Brian Handy

I think it was Brian (Williams ?) Emma's dad who threatened the Beast for using bad language in front of Emma.
Difficult to think of the Beast using bad language, or should that be anything but bad language.
Brian still attends some games, I'll have to ask him.

83FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 21:50

TRM

dave w wrote:
TRM wrote:It was, wasn't it? Last minute winner by Anthony Briscoe. Same day as England won 5-1 in Munich.
Kev Monks was with us wasn't he? I remember someone about to punch Beast as well.
I think he was, yes. I don't specifically remember the "Beast incident" but then there were so many down the years, and surprisingly few of them involved opposing supporters...

84FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 21:54

Nathan Gulliver

Brian Handy wrote:I think it was Brian (Williams ?) Emma's dad who threatened the Beast for using bad language in front of Emma.
Difficult to think of the Beast using bad language, or should that be anything but bad language.
Brian still attends some games, I'll have to ask him.
Despite the beast's prolific use of bad language,my all time favourite beast saying was that regular one of:

"SORT YOUR BLOODY LIFE OUT LINO"

Never failed to make me smile

85FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 22:03

dave w

Nathan Gulliver wrote:Ahh the beast! Let's hope he is still alive and kicking . Last known sighting in The Dubliner, that friendly welcoming pub in Digbeth! Believe he is living above that pub unless he has invested in that brothel across the road! He would run a mile at the very sight of a naked woman!

Was that the brothel he said he owned?

86FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 22:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Trust Nath to mention a brothel.....Very Happy 

87FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 22:19

Nathan Gulliver

dave w wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Ahh the beast! Let's hope he is still alive and kicking . Last known sighting in The Dubliner, that friendly welcoming pub in Digbeth! Believe he is living above that pub unless he has invested in that brothel across the road! He would run a mile at the very sight of a naked woman!

Was that the brothel he said he owned?
Yes,I think some of his associates in The Dubliner wanted to fleece poor old beast of £600 for a part share of the brothel! Literally been taken for a ride!

88FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Wed Oct 16 2013, 22:54

Devil's Advocate

What....of "naked women?"

Thankfully not in our house :-[[

89FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 06:46

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Thankfully???

90FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 09:00

stour_boy

stour_boy

And what happened to Martin following Hucknall-gate (aka raffle ticket-gate)?

91FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 11:08

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:Thankfully???

You haven't seen my wife i take it!!?

92FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 11:23

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Over to you Nath...Wink 

93FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 13:26

Nathan Gulliver

Not getting involved in this one chaps,I'm in enough of a pickle as it is!.......What does your wife look like by the way DA? You make her sound like she's from Workington!!

94FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 14:36

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:Not getting involved in this one chaps,I'm in enough of a pickle as it is!.......What does your wife look like by the way DA? You make her sound like she's from Workington!!

I jest actually Nathan,she's a very attractive lady,i wouldn't bring her anywhere near Amblecote on match days :-]]

95FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 14:46

Nathan Gulliver

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Not getting involved in this one chaps,I'm in enough of a pickle as it is!.......What does your wife look like by the way DA? You make her sound like she's from Workington!!

I jest actually Nathan,she's a very attractive lady,i wouldn't bring her anywhere near Amblecote on match days :-]]
I cant imagine a wife of yours would be anything other than very attractive mate. Bring her to Amblecote, there is an ever growing contingent of ladies coming to watch us now. I'm sure she will fit in just fine. If nothing else,you could send her get the round in ten min before half time to beat the rush!

96FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 14:49

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

I cant imagine a wife of yours would be anything other than very attractive mate. Bring her to Amblecote, there is an ever growing contingent of ladies coming to watch us now. I'm sure she will fit in just fine. If nothing else,you could send her get the round in ten min before half time to beat the rush!

I've got her to two Albion matches in 27 years Nath,theres more chance of seeing Tricky with a parting than her turning up at Stour matches.

97FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Thu Oct 17 2013, 15:15

Nathan Gulliver

Probably the best way mate, women and football rarely mix. No,not including you Jane! I'll apologise now for name dropping but I once had a conversation with Frank Skinner and Adrian Chiles on the way to Wembley,Frank driving,Adrian in the front,me in the back.

I had a call whilst in the car from my friend Jon who watched Albion home and away with this partner Jo. After the call,Adrian said "I really like Jo,she has to be the perfect woman,one who loves going to football and likes a drink with the lads". To which Frank replied, "I think that sounds like a hint of lesbianism to me". Since that day I've never been keen on the idea of a woman accompanying me to the match!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum