Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul McCone.

+17
Brian Handy
Nathan Gulliver
Stourbridge Lion
redpike
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
UlsterJim
brockmoor
TRM
oldhillglassboy
Jack
baz
stoursi
Jane.N
Tricky Tree
NickSFCB
Devil's Advocate
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Paul McCone. Empty Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 14:34

Devil's Advocate

If it were to happen the re-aperance of Macca at Amblecote would be a big boost in my opinion.

Where to play him would be the conundrum?

Will Richards has done a fine job alongside Nathan and it's at left back where we've looked particularly suspect this season,i can't say i ever rated Macca when he slotted in at full back,centre half was his natural position in a defence.

I'm wondering whether it might be worth trying him in the "holding" midfield role,giving him the job of breaking up the play for Geddes and the other more creative players whilst shielding the back four.

Macca has great energy,tackles ferociously and battles well for anything in the air,he also has enough pace to break the first tackle and advance with the ball before giving a simple pass.

I'd like to see him tried there first if indeed he does re-join us.

Be great to see him back.

2Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 17:21

NickSFCB

If he comes back he goes back to he's best position IMO. Our defence is our weak point, so any reinforcement is much needed.

3Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 18:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I think without doubt he will come back and his presence alone will be a huge boost...hope if he does come back he isn't made skipper,I'd give that job to Sean.

Then when the god that is Rocky returns our squad will be boosted even more.

What say you Devil???

4Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 18:50

Jane.N

They are gutted on the leamo forum. it would seem that they all really, really rate, I mean are 'obsessed' Razz Wink with him!

It would go without saying that it would be beneficial to us to have him back although I do agree that not to walk back as captain - which I am sure he wouldnt expect anyway.

Arch will be happy though eh Tricky? Still it may not happen - he may go somewhere else.

5Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 20:54

stoursi

If macca comes back great boost to the club.

As for the armband well he should be given that too. We need a leader who leads by example.

Leon has done a great job but he needs to concentrate on his role in midfield as the holding midfielder.

Sorry but Sean ain't good enough as a leader does not do enough for the team when we need him so let him concentrate on his game.

Just hope that macca returns to stour.

6Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 21:51

baz

My understanding macca has an agent so guess they are both exploring every avenue,but its all about were you feel at home,and we know were that is

7Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:08

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:I think without doubt he will come back and his presence alone will be a huge boost...hope if he does come back he isn't made skipper,I'd give that job to Sean.

Then when the god that is Rocky returns our squad will be boosted even more.

What say you Devil???

Naughty,naughty Trickey......you know my feelings on the subject.

I have no wish to be banned by your sibling for airing my view on the forum :-]]

8Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:12

Jane.N

I am not admin DA!! Shocked 

If you were going to be banned for airing your opinion it would have been done by now! Wink 

9Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:15

Jack

Jack
Admin

Its my job to ban people, not mother's. Wink

But on a serious note, you wouldn't get banned for airing your views. Having said that, anything Pro Suarez may lead to an official warning. That goes for all of you. Wink

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

10Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:19

Jane.N

Never, ever, ever again call me 'mother'!! Evil or Very Mad 

11Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:21

stoursi

Regarding baz is comment about an agent think you will find macca had an agent while at stour last time but I wouldn't like to be 100% on that comment.

12Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:24

Devil's Advocate

Jane.N wrote:I am not admin DA!! Shocked 

If you were going to be banned for airing your opinion it would have been done by now! Wink 
Why,what have i said previously that could possibly incur a ban?

13Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:36

oldhillglassboy

Very interesting development, I hope he comes back to Stourbridge, although i'm sure higher level clubs will be interested, it's a shame that when he and Rowe have moved on, the grass has turned out to be not very green on the other side.

Read a Solihull supporter's account of the bust up with the goalkeeper, although didn't know it was Mccone he referred to, the final straw by the sounds of it.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that agents operate even at this level!

14Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:41

Jane.N

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Jane.N wrote:I am not admin DA!! Shocked 

Why,what have i said previously that could possibly incur a ban?
Nothing... I am just pointing out that following your comment about 'being banned for airing your opinions' that you frequently air your opinions and have not got banned yet. In other words - continue to air your opinions! Smile 
I did think the Wink would have given the tone to my post. Was not in any way suggesting you should be banned. Embarassed 

15Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 23:00

TRM

Sean Geddes has tweeted tonight...

"@paulmccone welcome back kid"

Sounds like good news...

16Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 23:09

Jack

Jack
Admin

Yeah, he's back. Taff told me to put on here just.

17Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 23:30

brockmoor

brockmoor

Surely you wouldnt get banned for airing an opinion, or joining in a conversation that differs from others on an open discussion forum DA? Smile

18Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 23:48

TRM

Despite his performances at the back I think Will is still seen as an emergency stop-gap in that position. That leaves Kalenda, who will go back to Blues at some stage, and Briscoe, who has a question mark over his fitness and has hardly played yet. On this basis I'm sure Macca will slot in alongside Nathan again.

Although Leon might be described as the holding midfielder in the team, it seems clear to me that rightly or wrongly we have no real intention of playing a proper holding midfielder.

4-4-2 tomorrow with Will and Ryan up front.

19Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Fri Oct 04 2013, 23:55

TRM

By the way, it's worth pointing out that Macca is Cup-tied as far as the FA Cup is concerned.

20Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Sat Oct 05 2013, 00:40

Devil's Advocate

I hope everyone appreciates the financial effort Andy P and the board have put into supporting Gary Hackett in recent weeks.

Macca won't be coming for peanuts and added to the pushing out of the boat for Rowey i really do think the guys at the top have done as much as they possibly can to give the team it's best chance of success in a very long time.

If Macca or Rowey had ended up at other rival's in the same division we'd have moaned about "lack of ambition".

I hope that fan's take the time to thank Andy P next time they bump into him at the ground.

21Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Sat Oct 05 2013, 00:51

TRM

Dead right, DA.

I always have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind (because that's just the way I am) that hope we aren't overstretching ourselves. But I've always trusted Andy P, Andy B, Ian and the rest of the Board (which includes Gary, of course) to run the club sensibly and that's good enough for me.

(yes, I am still up - just put my article for the Corby programme to bed!)

22Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Sat Oct 05 2013, 01:02

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Dead right, DA.

I always have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind (because that's just the way I am) that hope we aren't overstretching ourselves. But I've always trusted Andy P, Andy B, Ian and the rest of the Board (which includes Gary, of course) to run the club sensibly and that's good enough for me.

(yes, I am still up - just put my article for the Corby programme to bed!)
The cup run has so far netted us £8000 and theres £7500 on offer for beating Curzon in the next round.

I'm pretty sure the club are on budget for this season at this stage even with Rowey on board so we don't need to worry about a "black hole".

23Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Sat Oct 05 2013, 08:20

Jack

Jack
Admin

Spot on DA, I don't think we could ever say that the club has lacked ambition, but I do remember grumblings from people-myself included-after we missed out on Stefan Moore. However, since then we've signed Mackey, Rowey & Macca, that's a fair whack spent on 3 players. Granted, there is probably still an amount left over from the cup run. But then there is also an allotted amount aside for promotion. I just feel that this is now the best squad we have had in a while. It is a squad that should be top of the league-or very close to- we have 2 of the best Centre Backs in the league and 2 very good strikers. If we can click, it will be a very good result! And Rocky to come back!

24Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Sat Oct 05 2013, 08:31

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote: The cup run has so far netted us £8000 and theres £7500 on offer for beating Curzon in the next round.

I'm pretty sure the club are on budget for this season at this stage even with Rowey on board so we don't need to worry about a "black hole".

Come on DA get it precise :-) it's actually £7,500, £3k for the 1st and £4.5k for the 2nd qualifying round. The club confirmed at the AGM that was the amounted budgeted for in this season's cup run. Let's hope we can better it!

http://www.nibadges.com

25Paul McCone. Empty Re: Paul McCone. Sat Oct 05 2013, 08:36

TRM

Don't want to appear grumpy, but we shouldn't be budgeting for one single penny from Cup runs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum