Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's Poole up next then.

+7
baz
brockmoor
CCFC1990
TRM
Tricky Tree
Jack
Devil's Advocate
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1It's Poole up next then. Empty It's Poole up next then. Thu Oct 03 2013, 11:05

Devil's Advocate

I have a feeling that playing better opposition might bring the best out of us.

It'll be interesting to see how we cope without the suspended Benbow,hopefully Rowey will spring back to life if he's the single spearhead in a 4-5-1.

Let's hope we can grab a win and get some momentum going.

2It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Thu Oct 03 2013, 16:55

Jack

Jack
Admin

Got a good feeling about this. MASSIVE week for us imo. With 2 home games in 4 days we need to be picking up 6 points ahead of another huge game Saturday in the cup. It will be tough, but I think we'll edge it. Rowey will score.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Thu Oct 03 2013, 19:25

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

If we play how we've played the last few games then we will get massively turned over.
Bad feeling about this one but I hope to be proved wrong.

4It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Thu Oct 03 2013, 20:26

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:If we play how we've played the last few games then we will get massively turned over.
Bad feeling about this one but I hope to be proved wrong.
Is it 3-0 yet?

5It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Thu Oct 03 2013, 21:02

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

When they get the ball back from the conifers.Very Happy 

6It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Fri Oct 04 2013, 12:30

TRM

Two teams that have been struggling to keep clean sheets. Similar records in a way, except they've turned defeats into draws, something we need to learn to do.

They've got some good, experienced players for this level. Hopefully it will be a decent game with both teams playing to their attacking strengths. But I suspect the winner (if there is one) will be the team that defends better.

We'll lose 1-2 or 2-3.

7It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Fri Oct 04 2013, 19:20

It certainly will be a difficult game, and given the way we've been playing recently a draw would be the best we can expect. We just need to get behind the team and make plenty of noise, at both ends of the ground Wink

I will say 1-1 or 2-1 but not saying which way as football matches can be completely unpredictable.

8It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Fri Oct 04 2013, 23:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

Assuming it's 4-5-1, wouldn't mind seeing Will play the defensive midfield position. If it doesn't work, bang him up front.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

9It's Poole up next then. Empty Poole Town!!! Sat Oct 05 2013, 11:23

CCFC1990

Hi There

Im a Cambridge City fan and was reading through your forum and came across this post

After playing Poole Town at the start of the season at home i thought id pass on my knowledge of them

There keeper constantly time wastes, the ref in our match didnt do anything about it, but there next game against Weymouth he was booked for it and ended up being sent off for patrionising the ref by patting him on the head lol. He also doesnt like banter he just gets offensive and swears at you!!

As for there team they were nothing special, they got two early goals (within the first 10 minutes) whilst our defence were sleeping then sat back and defended the rest of the game and didnt have another shot till late on. We were unfortnate and if it wasnt from the post and cross bar saving them on several occasions it could have been a totally different result.

From previous seasons of the encounters between Cambridge and Stourbridge you have always been a tough team to beat so im thinking you should win this one

Hope this helps your preparations for today and good luck for the rest of the season

Chris

10It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:08

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nice one ccfc....come on boys and GIRLS lets work on the keeper.Very Happy 

11It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:10

brockmoor

brockmoor

Thanks for the 'heads up' on the goalkeeper. Im happy to start the abuse from the first minute Wink

12It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:25

TRM

He'll be on his best behaviour today - his ex teacher will be behind the goal giving him stick!

13It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:32

brockmoor wrote:Thanks for the 'heads up' on the goalkeeper. Im happy to start the abuse from the first minute Wink
You'll have to join the queue as I'm pretty sure baz will be first in line to do that, he's usually good at annoying keepers Wink 

14It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:35

baz

You beat me to! You know my two favourite keepers are breeden and vaughan,maybe time to add a third!

15It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 13:06

brockmoor

brockmoor

Im going to beat you all, im going to start in the warm up! Haha Smile

16It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 14:13

Devil's Advocate

I can see there being quite a queue forming behind his goal,we'll all be jostling for position to get at him.

As you know i'm pretty quiet and reserved normally.

17It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 14:16

stour_boy

stour_boy

Someone said on the Kempster forum that their manager was a right moaner as well so I'm in a good place to chip in my view in the side stand....

18It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:01

TRM

"Someone" was right. He's the biggest idiot we've had down here on the oppo bench in a long time.

And there have been a few candidates...

19It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 17:11

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate wrote:I have a feeling that playing better opposition might bring the best out of us.

It'll be interesting to see how we cope without the suspended Benbow,hopefully Rowey will spring back to life if he's the single spearhead in a 4-5-1.

Let's hope we can grab a win and get some momentum going.

I rest my case!

20It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 17:57

stour_boy

stour_boy

Their manager was a total idiot; more concerned with contesting decisions with the officials and barking incomprehensible 'Southern' instructions than actually managing properly.

He could have had no complaints after the game despite his protestations. I suppose if you're unbeaten for ages and are totally played off the park it can be a bitter pill to swallow.

21It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:04

TRM

Superb today from start to finish. Square pegs in square holes, everybody looking comfortable in the jobs they were asked to do, and a perfec illustration of how a 4-5-1 can work (although Ben was pushed up a lot of the time and it was almost 4-4-2).

Without overstating it, I think Macca's return has had a real steadying influence. We just looked like a much better, more organised TEAM today, and played the game at our own tempo as a result.

Hard to pick out individuals but I thought Drew played well and gave their left back trouble throughout the game, whilst Rowey had his best game yet and could have had a couple of goals on another day. He showed how a forward in that system can bring others into the game and create chances for the team if not for himself.

Thought the first half started evenly but with both sides being positive it never looked like a 0-0! Chances at both ends and we should have been ahead before Drew's goal. I didn't think Wurzel's shot was over the line and I wasn't convinced by either of those penalty shouts either. At the other end you can't ignore the challenge that Leon put in when their bloke looked certain to score from close range - that's the sort of thing Leon does that never gets remembered at the end of the season but might well have changed the course of the game today.

The second half was pretty much all Stour until we got slack for a few minutes and they made it 3-1. Thankfully we got what I thought was a questionable second penalty before they had a chance to build up any pressure.

Apart from that little sloppy five minutes I thought we were outstanding today. Poole weren't a bad side, although you can see why they don't keep many clean sheets. They'll survive comfortably at this level with that side (nine games unbeaten before today can't be an accident) but I'd be surprised if they challenge for the Title. Play offs should be within their grasp if they can tighten up at the back because they have the players to score goals.

Well done to Gary and the lads.

22It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:09

oldhillglassboy

Much more like it, some excellent flowing football and I think we should have scored more, there where still some hairy moments at the back that we got away with (their second goal was a poor one to give away too), but Mccone added some substance and for an unbeaten team we made them look mugs at times.  I've yet to see Geddes miss a penalty (hope that hasn't put the mockers on the next one!), the challenge for the first was clumsy and easily a booking, and under the letter of the law a red, perplexed the ref didn't even speak with him, the second seemed clear cut as well, when he did yellow card one of their players i didn't think it was a booking.  Certainly attacking wise we where very good, Rowe had his best game that i've seen and Billingham again was excellent.

23It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:11

TRM

Pleased that Leamington won at Workington today. It might just distract them from sending me endless sarcastic tweets moaning about the number of penalties we get! Very Happy 

24It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 20:17

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Liked that today,liked it a lot.
Perfect timing with Drew's goal wasn't it devil and Ulster!!!
Talking of Ulster....he should be banned from ALL football after the second half bovril-gate.Crying or Very sad 

25It's Poole up next then. Empty Re: It's Poole up next then. Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:38

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Liked that today,liked it a lot.
Perfect timing with Drew's goal wasn't it devil and Ulster!!!
Talking of Ulster....he should be banned from ALL football after the second half bovril-gate.Crying or Very sad 
Drew obviously isn't Jim's "lovechild" considering the comment's he made about him 3 seconds before he scored that superb header.

Billingham once again shaded the man of the match nomination from myself but only by a small distance from Drew.

When Drew has his "head on" properly for 90 minutes he look's a super player at this level,concentration is the key with him as it is with the "Little Buddha" who's feet the Trickey family worship at  :-]]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum