Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup Third Qualifying Round

+5
Dave the Glassboy
stour_boy
brockmoor
Jack
TRM
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Mon Sep 30 2013, 19:35

TRM

Delly wrote:In any case, in case any of you Glassboys give a toss, we DO have a forum. Just go to Lancaster CIty's Pitchero site on the homepage click on UNOFFICIAL FORUM link. Incidentally, you won't get much in the way of  Curzon forum-based bantz!
My mistake! I'm used to finding a "forum" link on the toolbar across the top of Pitchero websites and seeing it wasn't there I assumed it had been disabled like most clubs do (ours included). Hadn't reckoned on it being down the left-hand side of the header! I shall take a squint.

Welcome, Delly, by the way. And good luck tomorrow night. I'd prefer to be playing you if only because if it comes to a replay I'd rather be travelling to your "timeless classic" ground instead of Curzon's retail park lookalike.

The link to Lancaster's forum...

http://dollyblues.forumotion.net/f1-general-discussion

27FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Mon Sep 30 2013, 19:47

oldhillglassboy

Not the draw I expected to say the least, think the FA have taken everyone by surprise with the straight north/south split. This will be tough, whoever it is. Have to raise our game up from Saturday's performance, that said we are at home against a lower ranked team, couldn't ask for too much more really, but I hope it doesn't lead to tuesday night in Lancashire! Halesowen have copped a tough away trip to the north east, good profile home match for Atherstone but Barrow will be too much for them.

Hopefully this will get a good gate and we can get ourselves within range of the competition proper again.

28FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 10:06

TRM

Looking forward to any potential replay reigniting the heated "M6 debate"!

29FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 12:41

No game is an easy game this season, as Sutton proved to us on saturday. I take it given the distance between us that we've never played either of these clubs before scratch 

Personally out of the two I would prefer to play Lancaster, simply because it is a much nicer place to go to than Curzon Ashton from memory.

30FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 13:18

Delly

Pending tonight, of course, it'll make a nice change to travel somewhere new and 'vibrant'.

I, for one, haven't done that since we went to Racing Club Warwick on a damp Tuesday night(not a replay) in the Trophy. Thank God they were useless and we stuffed em 4-0. All that way for what amounted to a field and I didn't get to bed till about 1am.Very Happy 

As for the blog TRM posted a link to, I've read it and concluded Nige didn't actually watch the game, choosing instead to ask a Nash fan(surprised he could find one-slightly harsh) to impart a brief summary in order to flesh out the pictures of pies!!

The general gist I gleaned is we hoofed it and Curzon played a passing game. Nothing could be further from the truth. For large swathes of the encounter, we 'bossed' proceedings with our battling midfield and one-touch alacrity, time and time again, organised, relaxed and controlled at the back, snuffing out Curzon's hopeful punts over the top.

I'm off on one again! Shocked 

Barring any useless refereeing, I can see it going all the way tonight.Wink 

COYDB

31FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 18:16

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

We've done the odd Tuesday night at RC Warwick in our time. Not great. Apart from the clubhouse which is very good.

32FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 18:17

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:Looking forward to any potential replay reigniting the heated "M6 debate"!
Hopefully there won't be one as I'll be at Wembley that night!

33FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 18:31

TRM

Dave the Glassboy wrote:We've done the odd Tuesday night at RC Warwick in our time. Not great. Apart from the clubhouse which is very good.

Even did a Saturday morning once - due to races nextdoor in the afternoon. It was nothing special then, either!

If I recall correctly we went to Hednesford v Dover at the old Cross Keys in the afternoon.

34FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 21:00

TRM

Curzon are 2-0 up early in the second half.

35FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 21:43

TRM

Full time - Lancaster 1-2 Curzon Ashton.

36FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 22:15

Delly

Well, I'm disappointed. The only way they could break the deadlock was a bloody own goal right on half time. Before that, we squandered a couple of decent chances. First ten minutes in second half, their second looked offside but hey!! That knocked us a bit but we battled but credit to Curzon, they sat back and controlled the game well until right on full time, following a curled cross from just inside Curzon's half a glanced header caught Curzon's keeper flat-footed. Thereafter, a jittery 5 minutes of injury time gleaned a chance with the last kick of the game courtesy of an overhead kick back into the pen area from a defensive header away but the attacker that stayed in the area and kept onside just couldn't stretch out a leg to poke it home for, it has to be said,an unlikely equaliser.

We should've done it at their place. Isn't it always the way?!!

All typical ifs and buts, and The Dolly ultras in numbers would've relished a trip down to Stourbridge. Sorry fellas. As it is, you'll get unbeaten Curzon Ashton and their sprinkling of mostly quiet fans. Shame.

Good luck.

37FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 22:31

TRM

Commiserations, Delly. Can't speak for others but for various small reasons I would genuinely prefer to have been playing Lancaster. Maybe some other time...

Anyway, before you go, give us the "gen" on Curzon. Cracking start to the season - are they really all that good? Strengths and weaknesses? Good footballing side or long-ball merchants?

38FA Cup Third Qualifying Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Tue Oct 01 2013, 22:59

Delly

Very well organised footballing side. You've got your work cut out. Bit of pace as well. Good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum