Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Up for the cup....Evesham here we come.

+6
Dave the Glassboy
brockmoor
TRM
Jack
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Jack

Jack
Admin

Positive thinking there.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

brockmoor

brockmoor

Hows Candy Crush going? Wink

Jane.N

Ah, bless you Brockmoor - you really are out of touch with 'the youth of today' if you think that any self respecting 16 year olds play Candy Crush!!!!Laughing  Thats us old folks!Embarassed 

Stour to win - 4-0!

Last edited by Jane.N on Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:08; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to add I am on level 163 and stuck - how are you doing on it??)

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

3-1 stour.
Updates please from anyone who's going and has got my number.

stour_boy

stour_boy

Team: Coleman Canavan Oliver Richards Geddes N.Bennett Drake Broadhurst Benbow Rowe

Subs: Fitzpatrick Washbourne D.Bennett Eze Lloyd Billingham

TRM

Starting with just the ten, are we?

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-0 Bennett 5 minutes after a blatant goal not given by the Lino

stour_boy

stour_boy

Good spot! Drake also playing!!

stour_boy

stour_boy

Fitzpatrick on for Agbor

stour_boy

stour_boy

HT 1-0 up

stour_boy

stour_boy

Lloyd on for Oliver!!! Stour fans faint in shock.

Playing LEFT back though!

stour_boy

stour_boy

Attendance 265

TRM

Top marks to Smiler for his 263 guess!

stour_boy

stour_boy

2-0 Geddes pen

stour_boy

stour_boy

3-0 Benbow one of the best goals of the season so far

Devil's Advocate

One of the worst officiating decisions of all time,i was stood behind the goal and the ball was 2 feet over the line,even Jim could see it was in!

Stour by far the classier side but some very sloppy midfield play allowed Evesham load's of first half chances.

Our midfield is lacking a ball winner,a leader,someone to grab the side by the scruff of the neck,at present it's too lightweight and lacking in energy.

Benbow was a constant threat as was Agbor until his injury,Rowey was better in the first half than in previous games but faded.

A better team would have made us pay today,until midfield has a proper "Enforcer" i think we'll struggle to put away average opposition.

I'd guess there was a 100+ Stour fans there today as no doubt noticed by that gimp of a linesman,surely the son of Mr.Magoo!

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Thanks for all the updates via forum and text although Ulster only text the final score.Neutral 

Brian Handy

Good win with some decent performances throughout the side. First half Evesham went too close for comfort on 2 or 3 occasions, second half we were on top but needed that second goal to quell the nerves.Poor decision for our disallowed goal, fortunately we scored shortly after. Good following from Stour fans.

Man of the Match went to Luke Benbow with 13 votes, Nathan received 7, Drew 6, Leon,Aaron & Sean 1 each.
The wine was won by Paul Rock.

TRM

Had two options yesterday afternoon - in the end the chance to take my daughter to meet one of her sporting heroes couldn't be passed up so Evesham got the swerve.

Happy with the win and the clean sheet. Nothing much more I can add! Let's home for a nice "easy" non-banana-skin-shaped home draw in the next round. Conf North/South teams come in now so would be nice to avoid another Telford or *shudder* Leamington.

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Tricky Tree wrote:Thanks for all the updates via forum and text although Ulster only text the final score.Neutral 
Your nephew was texting you already, I didn't want you thinking you were popular.

http://www.nibadges.com

Devil's Advocate wrote:I'd guess there was a 100+ Stour fans there today as no doubt noticed by that gimp of a linesman,surely the son of Mr.Magoo!
Did you not notice the supporter standing behind the linesman holding the notice that said "Should have gone to Specsavers" Wink

Even the Evesham fans thought it was a terrible decision as well, but no matter how hard the game was at least we got a victory.

When is the draw for the next round scratch

TRM

Draw is Monday. Usually on FA website soon after 12. Will post on here asap unless someone beats me to it.

TRM

By Monday I obviously mean tomorrow!

TRM

Teams likely to be in the "Midlands" Region for the second round qualifying draw (italics means subject to a replay)...

Step 2

Brackley Town
Hednesford Town
Leamington
Solihull Moors
Telford Utd
Worcester City

Step 3

Corby Town
Matlock Town
Redditch United
Rushall Olympic
Stafford Rangers
Stourbridge

Step 4

Belper Town
Brigg Town
Carlton Town
Chasetown
Gresley
Halesowen Town
Newcastle Town
Rugby Town
Sutton Coldfield Town

Step 5 or below

AFC Wulfrunians
Atherstone Town
Blaby & Whetstone Athletic
Coventry Sphinx
Dunkirk
Walsall Wood

That makes 22 teams, but as there are (by my reckoning) 160 teams in the 2nd Qualifying Round, 11 ties out of 80 seems a small "region". So I would guess a few more clubs from North, East or South of here might be put in the Midlands as well, such as...

Cambridge City
Gloucester City
Histon
St Ives Town
St Neots Town
Sleaford or Huntingdon Town*
Spalding United

* The match between Sleaford and Huntingdon was abandoned after 87 minutes on Saturday when there was a massed brawl ( Shocked  ). Sleaford were 2-1 up at the time. Don't know what the outcome will be but I suppose it's possible they could both be kicked out and one lucky side will get a bye straight to the 3rd Qualifying Round.

Last edited by TRM on Sun Sep 15 2013, 21:01; edited 1 time in total

Jack

Jack
Admin

Worcester, Halesowen or AFC Wulfs away for me.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum