Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben Mackey signs for Hemel

+12
AmblecoteArnie
brockmoor
barnstoneworth
Devil's Advocate
PhilC
baz
stoursi
Jane.N
Tricky Tree
TRM
Jack
stour_boy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 15:37

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Just for the record.....I wasn't having a go at Devil,I just used that post as an example.
I,like Aled and maybe others just can't see the point in saying " I know more" if you're not prepared to elaborate.
It's certainly not enough of a criticism to warrant "spitting it"

77Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 15:50

Jack

Jack
Admin

Could you then not say Si, if it is common knowledge, and DA was only repeating stuff from last year, was there any need to put about knowing more than he'd like to share on a forum? It'sbeen spoke about before how the travelling was a big problem, so it's hardly something to keep hid away, suggesting, he may know more.

Besides, it's a bit childish. It's something you'd expect in a play ground along the lines of "I know something......but I'm not going to tell you", what's the point?

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

78Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 15:51

brockmoor

brockmoor

I would suggest there is a justified reason why he cant divulge further, whatever that may be?

'Devil' is/was one of a few who posted on here who wasnt afraid to say what he thought and gave a different perspective to many threads.

Theres a little bit of a 'bullyboy' tactic used on here by some posters who prefer to hit below the belt on occasions. I hope Devil doesnt appear off the forum as i find his posts interesting and entertaining.

Lets remember were all fans if SFC and this is supposed to be an open discussion forum Wink

79Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 15:54

brockmoor

brockmoor

PS sorry for a few spelling mistakes im working off an i phone Sad

80Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 15:57

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

AGAIN my point being ignored.....yes people may know more than they want to discuss.
I just can't see the point in broadcasting that they know more if they aren't prepared to saywwhat it is.
It reminds me a bit of an old Harry Enfield character...."I'm considerably richer than yow"

81Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 16:06

brockmoor

brockmoor

@TrickyTree
Can i ask you to read my first paragraph again?

So are you saying that because a poster wont divulge further on a certain topic that he shouldnt add anything to a thread?

My understanding of this thread is that it seems possible that we have let Haseley slip through our fingertips? Of course i may well be off the mark here but this is why were all here isnt it? It simply adds to the discussion.

Perish the thought we ever go back to the forum of years ago when 'tumbleweed' grew vigorously here!

82Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 16:09

Aled

I'm not bullying anyone I hope. I just find it frustrating that 'inside' info is used to criticise the club but then that info is not divulged. Why proclaim it as a reason for the comment if one cannot elaborate?

83Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 16:24

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I think some people enjoy being deliberately obtuse.
I'm not saying that in the slightest....devil could quite easily have put his valid comments for all to read without adding that he knows more but won't tell.
I think that because people put that it adds more to the tumble weed affect.

I agree that everyone can voice their own opinion and we won't all agree but mine and Aled's issue is that there's no point in boasting about knowing more if you're not going to divulge.....you may as well voice your opinion and then leave it.

84Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 16:26

PhilC

brockmoor wrote:@TrickyTree
My understanding of this thread is that it seems possible that we have let Haseley slip through our fingertips? Of course i may well be off the mark here but this is why were all here isnt it? It simply adds to the discussion.

It's possible, but we don't know for sure, so why criticise the club when we don't know. If a neutral comes on here he'd think our club is run by muppets, which it clearly isn't. I'm all for lively discussion, but find it frustrating that most of it evolves into people making digs at the club.

85Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 16:36

PhilC

on reflection "criticse" is probably a bit harsh. Guess some people are just "glass half empty"

86Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 16:49

brockmoor

brockmoor

Shall i say it again?

There may well be a very good reason why Devil wont divulge further? Maybe this will all come out in the future?

I for one dont see it as 'boasting' what a ridiculous comment.

87Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 16:59

PhilC

I don't think anyone is disagreeing he may have reasons not to divulge further. They are saying if he can't divulge, don't say in the first place that he knows something.

Anyway, who else could we sign?

88Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 17:05

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Phil is spot on with what I meant.
Some people deliberately appear to read what they want to read and not actually read what is in front of them.....that's either ignorance or plain stupidity....I can't quite decide.

I think I now need to bite my tongue.

89Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 17:30

brockmoor

brockmoor

I tend to read whats put in front of me, some seem to be partly sighted.

Who do we need to sign....

As things stand with the squad we got.... I would say

Ball winning midfielder and a striker. This may change if we lose further players, but were good enough to win this league, it was inconsistency for a few months that cost us last season, nothing more.

90Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Thu May 30 2013, 18:10

TRM

I'm really not bothered if people say they "know" things but can't/won't expand, as long as they accept that others will inevitably question them saying that, or even criticise them for it.

Remember too that there is a difference between "knowing" something and "being told" something. The two are not necessarily the same. I was "told" a fair few bits and pieces about the ground situation towards the end of last season, in confidence, by people who were in a position to know what was going on. It was up to me to work out whether I was being told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And of course the person doing the telling may not "know" all the facts themselves.

When it comes to player signings, the people who are involved (basically the player and the two, or more, clubs - maybe an agent as well) are all going to have their own agendas and are all likely to paint a slightly different picture of events, perhaps to avoid portraying themselves as being greedy, or tight-fisted or incompetent or whatever.

Andy and Gary will obviously know what (if anything) we offered Haseley, but they won't know (not for sure) what Solihull offered him, or what he would have accepted. They'll only have Haseley's word to take for it, if anything. Whoever DA got his info from will only have part of the story and may be slanting it to suit his own agenda.

This isn't a dig at DA in any way but I always take these "I know stuff" comments with a pinch of salt. Not because I don't trust DA but because I don't know who and where he got it from.

91Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Fri May 31 2013, 12:17

brockmoor

brockmoor

Maybe his info came from Mohammed from the corner shop, maybe it came from the chairman? Either way some were out of order and seeing that Devil hasnt posted since it looks like we have lost a good poster Sad

92Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Fri May 31 2013, 13:20

PhilC

brockmoor wrote:
Ball winning midfielder and a striker. This may change if we lose further players, but were good enough to win this league, it was inconsistency for a few months that cost us last season, nothing more.

Assuming we get a ball winning midfielder, who would your midfield 4 be?

93Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Fri May 31 2013, 22:12

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

brockmoor wrote:I have to be honest i also dont get this infatuation with Rocky?

Not good in the air.
Cant tackle.
Rarely makes a successful pass forwards.
Runs in to trouble to often.

Sounds more like a description of Drew Canavan TBH.

94Ben Mackey signs for Hemel - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Mackey signs for Hemel Sun Jun 02 2013, 13:04

NickSFCB

Jack wrote:Why stop at Linden? Let's get Marcus Palmer back as well!

ill raise you Damian Jarrett ....

Obviously Mackey going to hemel is a huge blow. He is worth 30 goals a season, which is going to boost Hemel and is a cracking player (from what little i have seen from him). Good luck to him, so what if he has gone for money. Its what pays the bills and allows him to live a comfortable lifestyle, I for 1 would do the exact same. I do feel for St Neots, that hes reasoning to join us was due to travel yet he moves to Hemel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum