Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hemel Away

+7
barnstoneworth
TRM
baz
Jack
rasam
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hemel Away Empty Hemel Away Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:09

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

I have a sneaky feeling we will come back with the three points as we always seem to do better against the top sides.

Don't forget to have plenty of notes in your pockets to wave at Ben Mackey!

http://www.nibadges.com

2Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:13

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:I have a sneaky feeling we will come back with the three points as we always seem to do better against the top sides.

Don't forget to have plenty of notes in your pockets to wave at Ben Mackey!

Pity i won't be there to see B£n Mack£y in his H£m£l shirt.

Gr££dy bugg£r.

3Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:30

rasam

i cant believe you wont be at hemel DA, I will miss your match report.  Wink Wink 

4Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:49

Jack

Jack
Admin

Attack em from the start. No other way to go about it really.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

5Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Wed Dec 18 2013, 13:39

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

rasam wrote:i cant believe you wont be at hemel DA, I will miss your match report.  Wink Wink 

Very Happy 

6Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Wed Dec 18 2013, 13:49

Devil's Advocate

rasam wrote:i cant believe you wont be at hemel DA, I will miss your match report.  Wink Wink 

It's good of you to grace us with your presence at the occasional game rasam.

If you can once again furnish me with detail's of your travel itinerary for the festive period i'll make sure that a telegram is sent to keep you updated.

Are you using your bus pass to get around?

7Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:39

baz

Was noted on a forum their pitch cut up bad last night,also rain on the way!

8Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Thu Dec 19 2013, 11:14

TRM

Very much hope to be able to get there but it's depending on other "run up to Christmas" type stuff needing to be done!

Goes without saying it will be one of our toughest tests so far i the League. However, I don't think we have anything to be frightened of. One thing we can be fairly sure of is that Hemel will not sit back, pack the defence and have their midfield sitting deep to cover the back four. If we can see enough of the ball we will have space to exploit, and if we can give the forwards enough service then chances will come.

All we have to do is keep the most potent attack in the League at bay at the other end!

Hoefully it will be on but I know the Hemel lot on the SL forum have their doubts if the expected rain materialises.

9Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Thu Dec 19 2013, 11:46

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Very much hope to be able to get there but it's depending on other "run up to Christmas" type stuff needing to be done!

Goes without saying it will be one of our toughest tests so far i the League. However, I don't think we have anything to be frightened of. One thing we can be fairly sure of is that Hemel will not sit back, pack the defence and have their midfield sitting deep to cover the back four. If we can see enough of the ball we will have space to exploit, and if we can give the forwards enough service then chances will come.

All we have to do is keep the most potent attack in the League at bay at the other end!

Hoefully it will be on but I know the Hemel lot on the SL forum have their doubts if the expected rain materialises.

Oh goody…….another Tuesday night long distance away trip on a dark,miserable February night.

My cup runneth over :-(

10Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Fri Dec 20 2013, 14:19

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Pitch inspection at 10am in the morning.

11Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 09:17

Jack

Jack
Admin

Hemel have always came across as quite quick to call off, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't have a game today.

12Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:14

TRM

Jack wrote:Hemel have always came across as quite quick to call off, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't have a game today.

Hemel have never called a game off.

Only the match referee, or a local SL referee called in to make an early inspection like today's, can do that.

13Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:15

TRM

MATCH OFF!!!

As per Hemel website.

14Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:18

Jack

Jack
Admin

Oh come on TRM, everyone knows that teams put pressure on officials. Sure it'll have nothing to do with a team having to go down to them on a Tuesday night. No, not at all. All the officials.

15Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:20

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

so everyone up the Lye this afternoon then?

16Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:27

baz

Some may fancy Halesowen!!

17Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:30

Jack

Jack
Admin

Or neither!

18Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:31

TRM

It's a nice conspiracy theory, Jack, but I don't buy it. Not at Hemel, or any club.

Btw, unless I've got my figures wrong, Leon is on 497 appearances. His 500th (assuming selected for the next 3 games) would have been at St Neots. I think he's suspended for the Banbury game, so it should now be at home to Hitchin on 4th January or Bedford on 7th January, depending on any more p-p's in the meantime.

Bearing in mind his 400th was away at Oxford, and Nathan's 400th was at Biggleswade, it would be good (not least for Leon himself) to have one of these landmarks at Amblecote for a change.

19Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:32

TRM

No footy for me. I am to be presented with a list of jobs that need doing.  Rolling Eyes 

20Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:05

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Or neither!

Lye play some good football and deserve any extra support they can get.

I've started watching Lye whenever i can if Stour or Albion are not playing over the last two seasons and i'm yet to see them lose at home and only seen one loss away.

Considering they've won 22 drawn 4 and lost non and sit top of their league with a few ex Stour player's in their rank's then i think it's £5 well spent or £3 for concessions to attend their games.

21Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:13

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:No footy for me. I am to be presented with a list of jobs that need doing.  Rolling Eyes 

Should have left the house before the postponement was announced. Schoolboy error that one!  Wink 

22Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:24

TRM

Who are Lye playing?

If all my duties are attended to in good time (  Wink  ) I might be tempted!

EDIT - Just checked their website. Home to Shawbury - 1st v 2nd!

23Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:26

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

barnstoneworth wrote:so everyone up the Lye this afternoon then?

No thanks. West Brom v Hull's been knocked down to £15 so I'll be heading over there.

24Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 18:25

Brian Handy

Lye won 3 1, both sides finished with 10 men, some strange refereeing, all in all a good 90 mins entertainment.

25Hemel Away Empty Re: Hemel Away Sat Dec 21 2013, 18:47

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Brian, I think it was called refereeing by committee. I've never seen a ref consult his linesmen so much as the chap at Lye today. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and the best side won!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum