Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frickley Away

+2
Dan
sirsmileriiii
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frickley Away Empty Frickley Away Thu Apr 21 2016, 20:48

sirsmileriiii

HT: 0-0, so even though we haven't scored yet we haven't conceded any goals either.  And that has to be a positive thing Very Happy

2Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Thu Apr 21 2016, 21:45

Dan

Unbelievable. 1-0 up with five to go and we give away two penalties. You couldn't make it up.

3Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Thu Apr 21 2016, 21:54

sirsmileriiii

Dan wrote:Unbelievable. 1-0 up with five to go and we give away two penalties. You couldn't make it up.

I bet their players dived, especially as the ref originally waved play on after the first pen.  It was the linesman who gave it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

4Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Thu Apr 21 2016, 22:14

Devil's Advocate

We never learn.

Sit too deep late in matches as I mentioned the other day.

Promotion teams don't shag it up like this time after time in a season.

Look at Darlington tonight.....I call that getting the job done.

Until we have a solid back line we won't get promotion,our goals against record is crap for a team hoping to go up.

Pretty pissed off tonight.

5Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Thu Apr 21 2016, 22:52

sirsmileriiii

I thought that we were supposed to be able to handle the pressure of reaching the play-offs scratch

All down to Saturdays game against Salford where we need a win, or hope that Buxton can succeed where others have failed.

The crowd will be very important on Sat, we need to get behind the team and make plenty of noise. For the entire game, not just when we're kicking towards the "shed end" Shocked

6Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Fri Apr 22 2016, 07:02

PhilC

Gutted.  Not expecting anything tomorrow now

We need to sort out conceding so many goals. That's not just down to the back 4 though - we need to learn to defend as a team.  I look at our back 4 and who would you swap - Scarr and Smilkle consistently win MOTM, I like Green and Stu is proven at this level.  The thing that pisses me off more than anything else is seeing Hawley moaning at the defence when we concede and others like Sean retweeting comments last night about us needing to defend better.  Doesn't feel like we have much 'team spirit' at times. Same goes for the strops I've read about when players get substituted.  Grow up and sort it out together

Hope the players prove me wrong tomorrow, but even if they do it's a long trip next midweek

7Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Fri Apr 22 2016, 07:43

Jane.N

PhilC wrote:Gutted.  Not expecting anything tomorrow now

We need to sort out conceding so many goals. That's not just down to the back 4 though - we need to learn to defend as a team.  I look at our back 4 and who would you swap - Scarr and Smilkle consistently win MOTM, I like Green and Stu is proven at this level.  The thing that pisses me off more than anything else is seeing Hawley moaning at the defence when we concede and others like Sean retweeting comments last night about us needing to defend better.  Doesn't feel like we have much 'team spirit' at times. Same goes for the strops I've read about when players get substituted.  Grow up and sort it out together

Hope the players prove me wrong tomorrow, but even if they do it's a long trip next midweek

Agree with this 100%.

When voting for my player of the year I was torn between 4 or 5 - top 4 were Stu, green, junior and my vote went to scar. I think they have all played really well.

We could talk about missed penalties and other such individual errors if we want to cast blame. Not a great thing to do when we could still make the playoffs! We need to be supportive right now - not just the fans but the team of each other.

We have had a great season, brilliant cup runs and a marked improvement of the dross we witnessed last season. It would be a shame if all that was forgotten or didn't count for anything by the end of Saturday!

If we don't go up..... Southern league next year please! ;-)

Last edited by Jane.N on Fri Apr 22 2016, 19:02; edited 1 time in total

8Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Fri Apr 22 2016, 15:41

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows:

KRISTIAN GREEN 6

Junior Smikle 4

Chris Lait 3

George Bowerman
Sean Geddes } 1
Leon Broadhurst
Karl Hawley

1 vote to come in.

The wine was won by HUGH CLARK

Many thanks as always to those who took part

9Frickley Away Empty Re: Frickley Away Fri Apr 22 2016, 17:36

sirsmileriiii

As someone said on twitter last night, we have conceded more goals in the last 5 minutes than any other team in the league this season.  And when we're supposed to be trying to get promotion or reach the play-offs that's not good enough.

The only positive thing about tomorrows game is that Salford haven't really go anything to play for, as they are virtually guaranteed 3rd place.  Unless we score 9 goals that is, but unless we go hard at them from the start and score in the 1st half it will be no benefit to us at all.

We have beaten them once this season even if we did get lucky as they had a man sent off, so with the correct attitude and the crowd as the 12th man I don't see why we can't do it again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum