Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frickley home

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frickley home Empty Frickley home Sat Mar 12 2016, 21:03

redpike

Frickley turned out to be the difficult opponents I expected......hard, no nonsense, typical NPL side and showing, it must be said, why they are bottom of the Fair Play league.

In the first half, we played into their hands by relying on the long ball too much, although Chris might have done better on a couple of occasions when goal-bound. They rarely threatened until a mistake by the otherwise always-impressive Dan gave them their only chance.

After the break, we started to play more football and looked far more dangerous and, if it had not been for one quite brilliant save and too many misplaced final balls, the three points would have been ours. Having said that, Frickley could easily have won, bringing out a last minute save from the largely-untroubled but alert Matt.

My MOTM was again Kristian who showed off a previously-unseen acrobatic side to his game with an impressive somersault whilst running for the ball !

One of those games where no one played really well or badly, although Justin needs to rediscover his shooting boots.

With other results nearly all going our way, today's was a point gained rather than two lost.

2Frickley home Empty Re: Frickley home Sun Mar 13 2016, 11:04

baz

A game we should of won,two points dropped! Do i need to take my binoculars Tuesday!

3Frickley home Empty Re: Frickley home Sun Mar 13 2016, 12:06

sirsmileriiii

baz wrote:Do i need to take my binoculars Tuesday!

No, cuz you won't see or hear any ducks until next sat at Workington Laughing

4Frickley home Empty Re: Frickley home Sun Mar 13 2016, 15:07

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

LEON BROADHURST 17 votes

Kristian Green { 5
Matt Dodd

Chris Lait
Karl Hawley { 3

Stuart Pierpoint
Dan Scarr { 2

Matt Gould