Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Workington

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Workington Empty Workington Sat Aug 22 2015, 18:53

glassboypaul

Horrible to see the disgusting behaviour of some Workington fans.

I hope Dave and the other stewards behind the goal are okay as it all kicked off after the game.

We need more stewards when we have games against teams which are likely to attract mindless yobs.

2Workington Empty Workington Sat Aug 22 2015, 20:24

redpike

With the first half being largely uneventful and forgettable, apart from Lewis producing one excellent save, the second saw us squander four good opportunities with Matt Dodd, I would think, wanting to forget this game asap.

A much-improved defensive display saw Workington, although having a lot of the ball, restricted to few chances. When they did breach our reinforced defence, with Tom laying just in front of the back four and with Lee in a much deeper role, Lewis was up to the mark and overall gave a sound display on his return.

With us being defence-minded, it did leave our midfield and, particularly, up front a bit thin. Consequently, we played not much football and relied too much on the boot up-field. But, as said, we should have won the game. This seems to fly in the face of us football purists so it only proves what do I know ?

Again, I was a little surprised with us again only having four subs, one of whom is, I understand, a youth team player and Josh only being with us until he starts uni. What's happened to Chris Lait and Nathan Hayward ?

3Workington Empty Re: Workington Sat Aug 22 2015, 22:36

Brian Handy

Happy to report that dave and spencer did an excellent job in diffusing and controlling the situation and all was well after the game. The worthington fans had their photo took with some stour fans and they bought spencer a pint.

4Workington Empty Re: Workington Sat Aug 22 2015, 22:54

Brian Handy

Man of the match votes were as follows,

DAN SCARR 11 votes

Lewis Solly 8

Matt Dodd
Karl Hawley.        All 3 votes
Leon Broadhurst

Kristian Green.
Tom Tonks.           All 2 votes
Stuart Pierpoint

Drew Canavan
Lee Chilton.           1 vote each

The wine was won by Terry Wood.

Thanks to all who took part.

Last edited by Brian Handy on Sat Sep 12 2015, 19:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

5Workington Empty Re: Workington Sat Aug 22 2015, 22:55

Old Codger

Brian Handy wrote:Happy to report that dave and spencer did an excellent job in diffusing and controlling the situation and all was well after the game. The worthington fans had their photo took with some stour fans and they bought spencer a pint.

And that's what none league footie is all about.
Well done Big Dave and Spencer.
I came to today's game with my son and 8 year old grandson and we all had a smashing afternoon. Would have been nice if the boys had won but never the less a good day out. And for me just a fiver !!!! Bargain !

6Workington Empty Re: Workington Sun Aug 23 2015, 08:44

oldhillglassboy

A competitive game in which a draw was a fair result. We had the better chances, Dodd's penalty needed a bit more power behind it, mind you i'm not convinced the foul was committed inside the box. Your never guaranteed to score from the spot, I was more disappointed with his one on one a minute earlier which he should have done much better with.

A good team effort really in which Scarr was impressive and thought solly had a good game, particular the save he pulled off just before half time. It's still too early to tell anything but on what I've seen so far there are grounds for cautious optimism, certainly compared to earlier in this calendar year. It felt unbearable in the shade standing still, so must have been very tough to play in the conditions, I did move faster about 7.15 when one of the biggest lightning bolts I've seen in the Black country halted a cricket match i'd returned to!

You take industrial language as read in football, but the Workington fans I was near in the first half, I thought where going too far, no need for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum