Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

NPLP ins and outs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NPLP ins and outs Empty NPLP ins and outs Sat May 02 2015, 19:32

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Curzon Ashton have won the NPLP play-offs so join FC United in the Bananarama League North next year. Hyde and Colwyn Bay make the opposite move.

Darlington and Sutton Coldfield Town have today won the NPL lower division play-offs and they move up to level 3 along with Salford and Mickleover who technically replace last year's bottom 4.

However, as most of you will be aware, the Salisbury situation means one team will be reprieved from relegation at our level. Of the three teams in 21st place, Marine have the best record and look like benefitting thus meaning the NPLP is one team over.

This next bit is just speculation but I'd have thought the easiest option would be for Sutton Coldfield to be assigned to the SLP alongside Leamington and possibly also Bedworth and Stratford if the latter two win their home play-offs on Monday.

Of course the other option is to shunt us and Halesowen over and move Kettering to the NPL, albeit if Barton beat Bedworth then I'd have thought moving Kettering would make less sense.

Then again, a couple of years ago Barwell and Hinckley were put in different leagues and they were closer to each other than we are to the Plastic Brummies.

So anything's possible but my instinct is that we'll be in the NPL again next season.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]