Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Manager

+5
Stourman1
Jack
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
UlsterJim
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our Manager Empty Our Manager Sun Mar 08 2015, 22:13

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

There is a lot of posts on here recently saying that it is time for Gary to go. If that were to happen, either voluntarily or through the club terminating his contract, who would you like to see replacing him.

I personally know next to nothing about possible successors so would be interested to hear others views on who would do a good job for us.

http://www.nibadges.com

2Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Sun Mar 08 2015, 22:31

brockmoor

brockmoor

Algie Webb

Did a fine job at Lye.

3Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Sun Mar 08 2015, 22:50

Devil's Advocate

Dave King seemed able to produce a winning youth side most seasons albeit we rarely gave those kids a chance.

He also won the league with Lye when they had a zero budget.

If not him,how about TCP?

4Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Sun Mar 08 2015, 22:52

Jack

Jack
Admin

I could almost guarantee you Dave King wouldn't take over. Winning teams he may have produced, the quality of football they played however? Sure there were whispers of a bit of a fall out about the way the youth team were playing.

Personally, if it does happen, I'd want us to do everything in our power to get the current Redditch manager.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

5Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Sun Mar 08 2015, 22:57

Devil's Advocate

I was impressed with the youth team in previous years,their football style was far better than what we are producing in recent months Jack.

As I said in a previous post,we maybe need to become a club that goes with youth like a non league Crewe if you like.

6Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 06:52

brockmoor

brockmoor

Tony Gore

7Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 08:58

Stourman1

I doubt very much Dave king would take over.
I'm very much with you jack and think Redditch manager is doing the best out there at the moment. Only issue is his age as he's really young for a manager.
He has built a side full of young players from local/lower levels. Our squad need an overhaul, only 5 should stay if a new man cones in. I honestly believe the right manager can take the club forward very quickly if Gary decides to step aside.
Do the right thing Gary and help the club find the right man to take us forward

8Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 09:09

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Stourman1 wrote:I doubt very much Dave king would take over.
I'm very much with you jack and think Redditch manager is doing the best out there at the moment. Only issue is his age as he's really young for a manager.
He has built a side full of young players from local/lower levels. Our squad need an overhaul, only 5 should stay if a new man cones in. I honestly believe the right manager can take the club forward very quickly if Gary decides to step aside.
Do the right thing Gary and help the club find the right man to take us forward

Seems to be a pattern forming.

9Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:32

glassboypaul

This forum is littered with agendas.

10Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:59

Devil's Advocate

Is it?

What's yours?

11Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 19:18

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

glassboypaul wrote:This forum is littered with agendas

Go on then....tell us these agendas.

12Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 19:32

brockmoor

brockmoor

Im of male gender.

Oh sorry......
Agendas.

Rolling Eyes

13Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 19:34

Baggiestour

Lmao, nice one brockmoor, at least someone as a sense of humour.

14Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 19:52

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

brockmoor wrote:Im of male gender.

Oh sorry......
Agendas.

Rolling Eyes

Oh I ay so sure about that one Neal.

15Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 20:24

brockmoor

brockmoor

Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:Im of male gender.

Oh sorry......
Agendas.

Rolling Eyes

Oh I ay so sure about that one Neal.

Yeah, just checked Twicky Laughing

16Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 20:46

Devil's Advocate

And still not sure :-)

17Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 21:36

samhistory

samhistory

brockmoor wrote:Tony Gore

Tony Gore ????????????????????????????????
You're avin a larf

18Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Mon Mar 09 2015, 22:28

brockmoor

brockmoor

samhistory wrote:
brockmoor wrote:Tony Gore

Tony Gore ????????????????????????????????
You're avin a larf

Deadly serious.

Rolling Eyes

19Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Tue Mar 10 2015, 06:32

glassboypaul

I only have the agenda of supporting Stour, unlike some on here who seize every opportunity to knock the management team,

Some seem to have a magical crystal ball that told them how this season was going to go; doubtless they would also have been crowing about predicting it correctly if we were top of the league right now.

20Our Manager Empty Re: Our Manager Tue Mar 10 2015, 15:51

brockmoor

brockmoor

glassboypaul wrote:I only have the agenda of supporting Stour, unlike some on here who seize every opportunity to knock the management team,

Some seem to have a magical crystal ball that told them how this season was going to go; doubtless they would also have been crowing about predicting it correctly if we were top of the league right now.

I have to be honest and don't see many on here that have an agenda.

Just because someone has a different opinion to you or others, it doesn't necessarily mean they have an agenda, just a different opinion! I personally have knocked the management more times than I care to remember in the past 18 months (more than I would like) but there has been plenty to knock! I give credit when credit is due and I would like to think I'm very fair as far as this is concerned. I have given much credit to the management in the past and have indeed wrote to GH on one occasion a few seasons ago, and also message on fb.

At the end of the day we as fans all want the same thing which is success and continued growth of the club.

As for some of us having a crystal ball. I would suggest that anyone that knows anything about football could have seen what was likely happen this season, the 'happenings' of this season have been brewing for quite some time although it seems oblivious to others. I take no joy from being correct. A change is needed, and needed now in my eyes, otherwise I see us being in the same position this time next season, if not worse. The team/squad have underachieved this season, this can only be down to the management team who have had the resources to have done much much better.

I shall be their tonight and once more will give my support to the management and team for the ninety plus minutes. We may manage to get a positive result tonight against a team bottom of the form table with one point from their last eight games, however this shouldn't hide the fact that a change is still needed. Failure to do so will only lengthen the inevitable and will do more harm than good to the club in the long term.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]