Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blyth home

+12
bulla
Jane.N
Aled
Jack
glassboypaul
Stourman1
oldhillglassboy
Devil's Advocate
stoursi
brockmoor
Baggiestour
barnstoneworth
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 19:24

Devil's Advocate

Jane.N wrote:Hi Devil,

My comment about agenda was a little mischievous hence the way it was written and the smilies. I hope you know me enough to know it was not aimed at you. I do believe however that there are some people on here and maybe not bit on the stands who would love stour to do badly and Gary to leave just to prove themselves right. I may be wrong but that's how it appears at times.

Hi Jane,

Not a problem,i class you as a friend and don't believe you have a malicious bone in your body…..your brother got all of those! Laughing ( only joking Tricky Razz Laughing  )

I found it to be below the belt when TRM had that dig at me a few weeks ago without having any actual fact to back it up with,i thought it to be a personal low point for someone i always regarded to have the highest of integrity regardless of the fact i sometimes disagreed with him.If i can drag myself to Tuesdays match i'm more than happy to chew the cud with him to see on what he was basing his rant,either way,i hold no grudges,passions run high at times which in reality is a healthy thing.

As for people waiting for Gary to fail,i'm not so sure about that Jane and i'll explain why.

I think most people would agree that after 11 years or so Gary has enough credit in the Stour bank to be allowed one poor season such as this but i'd ad a caveat to this available credit,that is a reluctance to make changes around him.

I've been struck in recent times to just how many "assistants" we now seem to have in and around the bench area,it's more like looking at the dugout behind Mourinho at Chelsea these days than a non league match.

I've never understood why we need a manager,assistant manager and a coach for starters,at least one of those roles has to be a "non job" yet it'll still be costing a significant wage i would guess.

I'm not sure if we still have a goalkeeping coach but we have Richard Drewitt and the "fitness guru" yet since he joined things have gone from bad to worse,probably just a coincidence though,

Are we not overcomplicating things?

Surely this could be re-evaluated and slimmed down as well as freshened up?

Gary is well liked and well respected but i think he may be incredibly stubborn,i hope that latter trait doesn't drag him down,earlier in the season he admitted that he'd remained "too loyal" to some of the old guard of players,he need's to make sure the same isn't the case in his back room staff.

27Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 20:06

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Malicious to the bone I am devil......

Thanks for great memories Gary but I think it's time to go.

28Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 21:11

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows,

BRIAN SMIKLE 16 votes
Leon Broadhurst 15
Luke Benbow 2
Chris Lait 2
Josh Morgan-Parker 1
No one deserving 1

Winner of the wine was PAUL KNOWLES

29Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 21:19

samhistory

samhistory

Dire performance yesterday and i couldn't understand the substitutions, but i have to agree with Aled.  One bad season does not make Gary a bad manager and it would appear that some wanted to get rid of him before this season started going downhill, i wonder why.

COYG

30Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 21:32

brockmoor

brockmoor

samhistory wrote:it would appear that some wanted to get rid of GH before this season started going downhill, i wonder why.

COYG

Because 'some' of us could see what was going to happen.

By the way, I have never said Gary is a bad manager, indeed far from it. What I have said however, is that I dont believe he can take us to the next level, which is what the club is striving to achieve on and off the pitch.

31Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 21:38

samhistory

samhistory

Hi Brockmoor, you wouldn't know next weeks lotto numbers by any chance ?

32Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 21:45

Stourman1

I think it's time personally for Garry to call it a day. He's a legend and he may harm his reputation. Football moved forward, players get older etc....
He built a side that was capable of conf north football but maybe he fell a little short, but he have us good times and I'll never forget that.
I think now the time is ready for a change, new ideas, new tactics and new players.
I know a lot have mentioned Jon hill at Halesowen but not for me.
Sneekers at Rushall again not for me.
We should have got Marcus law before he went to chasetown.
Macdonald has been mentioned at Redditch, I've watched them a few times this season and I think we wouldn't get him as at about 29 he's being talked about already with what he's doing at Redditch.
Grape vibe he has a very low budget but has rebuilt Redditch from relegation battlers to possible playoff contenders.i also see a few of there players have gone fulltime.if Garry was to step down maybe he would be a good choice, speak to Redditch fans they play exciting football.

33Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 21:48

brockmoor

brockmoor

samhistory wrote:Hi Brockmoor, you wouldn't know next weeks lotto numbers by any chance ?

No, I wouldn't. But I would suggest I would have a better 'shout' than you! Wink

Did you ever find your way to WBAMAD by the way?

34Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Mar 08 2015, 21:56

samhistory

samhistory

Hi Brockmoor, anyone would have a better shout than me doing the lottery.

No, i never found my way to WBAMAD but i might one day.

35Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:33

glassboypaul

Here come the personal / hidden / transparent agendas again.

Why doesn't Baggie SOUR go onto the Worcester forum for a moan. Oh wait he already has.

36Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Mon Mar 09 2015, 19:00

Devil's Advocate

Your full of opinion GBP but you bitch about others having theirs.

Grow a pair!

37Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Mon Mar 09 2015, 19:31

Baggiestour

Hey ASSboypaul wtf are you on about, your consistent, always talking b###cks .leamington manager, you really are deluded,have you watched them this season,Obviously not or you would see the long ball football they play.

Oh and by the way , stop stalking me, weirdo

38Blyth home - Page 2 Empty Re: Blyth home Tue Mar 10 2015, 06:35

glassboypaul

Baggiestour wrote:Hey ASSboypaul wtf are you on about, your consistent, always talking b###cks .leamington manager, you really are deluded,have you watched them this season,Obviously not or you would see the long ball football they play.

Oh and by the way , stop stalking me, weirdo

No problem with anyone having an opinion DA, everyone, Baggie Stour included is entitled to theirs, I just can't let it go without passing comment if someone has a very transparent agenda.

Errr....who cares? He has kept them in the division following promotion from the Southern League. That must be commended. When we first joined the SL there were moans of us being "over-physical" - ultimately it's staying up that counts, and if they have to play the Stoke City way, then so be it.

I'm not stalking, I regularly look at the Worcester, Kiddy, Leamington forum etc.

Maybe I should take it back about you having an agenda on here because you seem to be winding their fans up as well Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum