Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blyth Away

+2
Old Codger
sirsmileriiii
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blyth Away Empty Blyth Away Sat Dec 19 2015, 19:43

sirsmileriiii

Was unable to travel to today's game at Blyth, but I listened to it on Radio Northumberland and it sounded like a cracker.  After losing one of our best players to Telford recently, it was an excellent performance against the team who are top of the league.

To go to a team like that score 3 goals and still come away with 0 points is heartbreaking for everyone, but at least we put in a performance to be proud of.

Best thing we can do is put this game, and result behind us and get ready for the next one on Boxing Day against Halesowen.  Which should be another cracker if we play as well as today.

Hope everyone has a safe journey back home, even if it is an unhappy one. Neutral

2Blyth Away Empty Re: Blyth Away Sat Dec 19 2015, 20:26

Old Codger

I too listened to the whole match on Radio Northumberland and agree totally with the previous comments. It sounded to me as though Junior was man of the match but the supporters who travelled voted for The Hangman. Either way a disappointing day for all of the effort the boys put in.
Sometimes you play bad and win, & sometimes you play well and loose....nuff said really. Bring on Boxing Day No. 9 Derby !!

3Blyth Away Empty Re: Blyth Away Sat Dec 19 2015, 21:00

stoursi

Even though we scored 3 they had more of the ball..

No really options on the bench regarding changing things.

Clifton's son on the bench why if the chairman and manager say we are looking to get in the play offs.

Just be honest with the fans.

We surely have the money.

4Blyth Away Empty Re: Blyth Away Sun Dec 20 2015, 07:55

baz

Wonder why any of the youth teamers did not travel to sit on the bench and would be good experience for them.

5Blyth Away Empty Re: Blyth Away Sun Dec 20 2015, 13:34

Brian Handy

Yesterday it was difficult to put into words how hard that defeat was to accept. In the cold light of day I have to say the better team won over 90 minutes. But to lose in the 96th minute after such a gutsy performance was gut wrenching. Credit to both teams for trying to play football in a strong wind coupled with heavy rain in the second half.
Richard's match report on the website is a good reflection of the game so I will not add more here. Suffice to say our lads gave their all for 90 minutes and some were dead on their feet towards the end, but still trying to run and defend.

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

STUART PIERPOINT 6 votes

Charlie Price 3

The wine was won by GORDON THOMAS

Thanks to everyone who took part.

May I wish everyone connected in any way with Stourbridge FC a very happy Christmas and a Peaceful & Joyful 2016.

6Blyth Away Empty Re: Blyth Away Sun Dec 27 2015, 23:03

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Bitter shandy please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum