Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Buxton debacle.

+7
samhistory
Brian Handy
Baggiestour
brockmoor
Nath
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 17:08

Baggiestour

Do you really think going to the club on a Thursday night and have your say will change things that you may feel is wrong?...........NO.
Football is all about opinions and if a fan has an opinion , he is allowed to express it and if certain people don't like it, tough, let them have their say back.
Sick and tired about people moaning because they don't like what is said on forums , that is what forums are for.nothing wrong in healthy debates. You will always get comments you might think are total crap but it's their opinion.

52The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 17:22

Nath

Baggiestour wrote:Do you really think going to the club on a Thursday night and have your say will change things that you may feel is wrong?...........NO.
Football is all about opinions and if a fan has an opinion , he is allowed to express it and if certain people don't like it, tough, let them have their say back.
Sick and tired about people moaning because they don't like what is said on forums , that is what forums are for.nothing wrong in healthy debates. You will always get comments you might think are total crap but it's their opinion.

Exactly, a forum is a useful vehicle for fans to express their opinions on whatever they see fit. It is 100% UNOFFICIAL so the club can't have a say in the matter really. On one of the Albion forums there are 177 pages, yes folks, 177 pages on the thread about Alan Irvine. 80% of the posts saying how effing useless he is. All the stuff on here is pretty tame in comparison. Do you think Alan Irvine or Jeremy Peace give a damn about it? Of course they bloody don't. They wouldn't be reading it for a start, I'd like to think that they have better things to be doing than sat scanning forums all day long, like trying to work out how to get the Albion out of the shit. A forum is for opinions and that is ANY forum, not just an online internet forum. I remember many episodes of Kilroy,Question Time,etc ending up in arguments with people disagreeing because that is what happens in public discussions! Not everyone is going to agree with everything all of the time. We are Humans not robots.

53The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 17:33

Jack

Jack
Admin

Not a clue who the liars are BS. Whoever it is telling my uncle that Andy and the club are trying to get this place closed down. They are the liars.

The point was made at the AGM. They don't mind having a pop if you disagree with a performance or a sub. They do mind when people fabricate the truth.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

54The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 17:50

Baggiestour

Again , I say that people will have their say whether what they think is right or wrong. Nath is spot on, Gary and co would not be looking at the forum if the team was doing well.
He takes the plaudits when the team was doing well, ie the cup runs and finishing in the play offs, well in my opinion he has to take critiscim when the team is playing poor football and losing

55The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 20:05

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:From snippets i'm hearing we were awful.

Can anybody who was there fill us in on the detail's please?

First half we were bloody awful, constantly hoofing the ball up the park and rarely actually getting the ball on the floor and trying to play football. It was no surprise when they took the lead, but again the goal could have been avoided as Dean misjudged the bounce of the ball. When the second went in we all went game over, as none of the fans could see any way back into the game.

As we were heading round to the bar just before half-time I said to Cliffy I hope you are going to give them a bollicking for that first half. They obviously did as we picked it up 2nd half and managed to score with a great free kick, The next 10 minutes or so we dominated the game and came close to equalising with a couple of chances. I believe if we had scored in this spell we probably would have gone on to win it, Alas we didn't and they scored up the other end, Knighty at fault apparently, but we couldn't see because of the fog. At this point we adjourned to the warmth of the bar for the last 15 or so, As such I can't really comment on the remainder of the game.

There were approximately 50 Stour fans, including a middle aged couple I have never seen before. I assume they were Stour as they both adorned red and white scarfs.

Great food in their snack bar and a very bubbly attractive barmaid, Nath would have been in his element.

http://www.nibadges.com

56The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 20:15

Nath

UlsterJim wrote:

First half we were bloody awful, constantly hoofing the ball up the park and rarely actually getting the ball on the floor and trying to play football.  It was no surprise when they took the lead, but again the goal could have been avoided as Dean misjudged the bounce of the ball.  When the second went in we all went game over, as none of the fans could see any way back into the game.

As we were heading round to the bar just before half-time I said to Cliffy I hope you are going to give them a bollicking for that first half.  They obviously did as we picked it up 2nd half and managed to score with a great free kick,  The next 10 minutes or so we dominated the game and came close to equalising with a couple of chances.  I believe if we had scored in this spell we probably would have gone on to win it,  Alas we didn't and they scored up the other end, Knighty at fault apparently, but we couldn't see because of the fog.  At this point we adjourned to the warmth of the bar for the last 15 or so,  As such I can't really comment on the remainder of the game.

There were approximately 50 Stour fans, including a middle aged couple I have never seen before.  I assume they were Stour as they both adorned red and white scarfs.

Great food in their snack bar and a  very bubbly attractive barmaid, Nath would have been in his element.

Oh Jim, tell me more. Wait for me to unzip my trousers first though....

57The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 20:22

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Nath wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:

First half we were bloody awful, constantly hoofing the ball up the park and rarely actually getting the ball on the floor and trying to play football.  It was no surprise when they took the lead, but again the goal could have been avoided as Dean misjudged the bounce of the ball.  When the second went in we all went game over, as none of the fans could see any way back into the game.

As we were heading round to the bar just before half-time I said to Cliffy I hope you are going to give them a bollicking for that first half.  They obviously did as we picked it up 2nd half and managed to score with a great free kick,  The next 10 minutes or so we dominated the game and came close to equalising with a couple of chances.  I believe if we had scored in this spell we probably would have gone on to win it,  Alas we didn't and they scored up the other end, Knighty at fault apparently, but we couldn't see because of the fog.  At this point we adjourned to the warmth of the bar for the last 15 or so,  As such I can't really comment on the remainder of the game.

There were approximately 50 Stour fans, including a middle aged couple I have never seen before.  I assume they were Stour as they both adorned red and white scarfs.

Great food in their snack bar and a  very bubbly attractive barmaid, Nath would have been in his element.

Oh Jim, tell me more. Wait for me to unzip my trousers first though....

Nearly bloody wet myself there Laughing

http://www.nibadges.com

58The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 20:30

Nath

That's two of making a mess then Jim! Three if you count Nick Owen. (See my post on Sean Geddes thread)! Very Happy

59The Buxton debacle. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Tue Dec 02 2014, 11:34

glassboypaul

This is one example of where false rumours aggravate the management; I am sure they did not approach the admin to close this place down even if some people's agendas mean they think management did!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum