Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buxton Home

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buxton Home Empty Buxton Home Sat Nov 19 2016, 19:24

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows;

LUKE BENBOW. 32

Kristian Green. 5

Brad Birch. 2

Darryl Westlake. } 1
Jake Duggan

IAN BINNER won the wine.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

2Buxton Home Empty Re: Buxton Home Sat Nov 26 2016, 09:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

The draw is a fix! Very Happy

Way more nailbiting at the end than it should have been.

Was an extremely entertaining afternoon on and off the pitch - fans around me in great form and had a brilliant laugh - mostly at the expense of their No.7 (who trod a very fine line when on a yellow card, before being substituted to avoid a red) and the officials - both referees weren't that good and frustrated both sides (Buxton in particular given how much moaning they did).

After failing to award two free kicks our way that definitely were fouls, the referee gives us a free kick outside the box that definitely wasn't. ANOTHER sublime free kick from Luke! A sublime second goal as well, and when excellent work from Jake Heath, just on as sub, set up Brown for a third it looked done and dusted.

Unfortunately, we had a silly ten minute switch off period that we have come to know and love, but usually comes early in the second half when we are 1-0 or 2-0 up. A decent turn and finish for their first but then a scrappy second has us on the rack, and when they were awarded a (slightly dodgy from memory) free kick deep into stoppage time I could barely watch by this point, so enraged I was by the thought of getting only a point.

The first header hits the bar and then it seemed to take an age to come cross the goal to their player who somehow headed it over from point blank range when I think everyone was just waiting for the net to bulge.

It would have been daylight robbery - but important we stamp out switching off at the back, as beforehand I thought all the back four had an excellent game, particularly Kristian Green (again!) who gained my man of the match vote, and Jack Duggan who was largely imperious at the back.

So thanks Kristian, I'm looking forward to my wine now Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum