Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kings Lynn Away

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kings Lynn Away Empty Kings Lynn Away Tue Aug 19 2014, 21:43

Jack

Jack
Admin

So with both teams having 6/6 it's an early top of the table clash Saturday. I know Kings Lynn used to be pretty big, but didn't they have some financial issues? They have also played a newly promoted club in Ramsbottom and Frickley who many see destined for the drop. No reason to fear them, and hopefully Luke can play a part certainly from bench.

COYGB  Very Happy 

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Tue Aug 19 2014, 22:06

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:So with both teams having 6/6 it's an early top of the table clash Saturday. I know Kings Lynn used to be pretty big, but didn't they have some financial issues? They have also played a newly promoted club in Ramsbottom and Frickley who many see destined for the drop. No reason to fear them, and hopefully Luke can play a part certainly from bench.

COYGB  Very Happy 

Spoke to Gary Hackett last night and he reckon's Luke is two weeks away from featuring in the team.

Good to see The Smeltz and FC United both drop points again tonight.

Any dropped points by FC are good news to be honest.

Kings Lynn away and Rushall at home will both by very tough matches,if we could get another two wins it really would get the lads and the town buzzing,we could get on a real roll.

3Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:13

Finished 1-0 to Kings Lynn Crying or Very sad 

4Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:20

Devil's Advocate

VERY disappointed with that result.

Glad i didn't suffer the 4 1/2 hour journey today.

Safe journey home to all our lot.

Hope we can beat Rushall to help us keep the pressure on up at the top end on Monday.

COYG.

5Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Sat Aug 23 2014, 18:55

Jack

Jack
Admin

It was a typical Stour away performance. Bright start, concede straight after half time & then offer nowt. Only positives for me were Leon & Luke being back.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

6Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Sun Aug 24 2014, 00:09

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:Glad i didn't suffer the 4 1/2 hour journey today.

4 1/2 hours? Which way's that? Via Oxford?

3 hour journey ground to ground according to AA Routeplanner, which for 140 miles sounds about right.

7Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Sun Aug 24 2014, 00:32

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Glad i didn't suffer the 4 1/2 hour journey today.

4 1/2 hours? Which way's that? Via Oxford?

3 hour journey ground to ground according to AA Routeplanner, which for 140 miles sounds about right.

According to Baz the coach departed the ground at 9.45am and arrived after 2pm so at least a 4 hour 15 minutes plus journey,a nightmare around Peterborough so i was told.

Jim texted me on the way back and at 9.15pm they were still 10-15 minutes at least from Stour.

Personally i think Kings Lynn warrants an overnight stay just like we're doing at Workington again,it must be horrible to spend such a length of time on a coach and then be expected to perform at 100% just 45 minutes later,some of the senior players must be as stiff as a board when they arrive.

8Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Sun Aug 24 2014, 08:01

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

It took us pretty much three hours there and three hours back with a couple of quick stops.
Thank you TRM for the lift,you're a star.

9Kings Lynn Away Empty Re: Kings Lynn Away Sun Aug 24 2014, 17:16

Brian Handy

Man of the Match at Kings Lynn was Leon Broadhurst with 12 votes , Kristian, Sean & Luke each received 2.

Simon Broadhead won the Wine.

Big thanks to Dave for covering the first 2 games for me.

Overall I thought we were worth a point today, but over-elaboration in and around the box plus a reluctance to shot meant we rarely threatened to score, though having said that  their keeper pulled off a couple good saves. Once again the first 10 minutes of the second half proved our downfall, figuratively & collectively we were still in the dressing room when Kings Lynn missed one opportunity and then scored what turned out to be the winner.

One of their supporters said after the game that when we kept the ball and played on the floor we looked one of the best footballing side he had seen for a while. Don't we all know it.

Expensive place though, £8 for concessions, £3.50 for a pint (£2 for a half), £1 to sit down I though it would be cheaper up north or is that another cliché? (see Richards piece in the Whitby prog).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum