Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kiddy

+4
oldhillglassboy
Devil's Advocate
Jack
stour_boy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kiddy       Empty Kiddy Tue Jul 15 2014, 09:05

stour_boy

stour_boy

Looking forward to this one, especially to see all the regulars again.

First airing for the new home shirt as well.

Once this game is over it won't be long before the fixtures are out!

Any ideas on the sort of team Kiddy will put out?

2Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Tue Jul 15 2014, 10:37

stour_boy

stour_boy

PS. Updates to follow here later for anyone who wants them.

3Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Tue Jul 15 2014, 12:45

Jack

Jack
Admin

After this game can all PSF chat be in the generic thread as these threads don't get a lot of comments, cheers. Smile

Looking forward to tonight's game. Hopefully a decent attendance to.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

4Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Tue Jul 15 2014, 21:20

Any updates yet Wink 

5Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Tue Jul 15 2014, 21:53

Devil's Advocate

1-1 final score.

Dallinson got a scruffy equaliser late on for us but well created by Billingham who came on as sub and was our best player imo.

Good crowd of 640+ as well.

Decent work out but Kiddy were poor.

6Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Tue Jul 15 2014, 21:59

stour_boy

stour_boy

Oops forgot the updates!

Good game to watch, for a friendly. Great work out for us, especially for the defence. They had two superb centre backs hardly giving us a sniff for most of the game, but we battled very well and deserved something out of the game.

Scruffy finish but very well worked by Ben, who had the initial shot to win the corner as well.

Impressed with all the new players, although Wood didn't last long due to picking up a knock.

Great to see all the regulars again, good following from Kiddy and good luck to them in the Conference. I have to say though, at no point did I think there was a noticeable gulf in class between the sides and we were not outclassed.

Geddes was quality in the first half, wasn't as prominent in the second though. Ben was great though when he came on, and gave us the attacking flair we had been missing in the first.

I'm realising this is quite detailed for a friendly but I've missed my match summaries Very Happy

7Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Tue Jul 15 2014, 22:35

oldhillglassboy

An excellent crowd of 643 + 1 as I called in on my back from cricket at Cheltenham! think it was only 450 odd when we played them on a similar hot day last year.

From the 45 minutes I saw, we deserved a draw and there wasn't a noticeable gulf between the two teams although as mentioned their centre backs did look good, would also agree that Billingham was our best player.

As pleasing as the result was, these matches aren't really about that and it was a very good work out.

8Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Wed Jul 16 2014, 09:40

Jack

Jack
Admin

Having seen us twice now I'm more than confident about our chances this season. Last night we played some really really good football at times. A midfield trio of Ben, Sean & Louis is the way forward IMO. Geddes was the sharpest player on the pitch Saturday and the first half last night the same. When Ben came on he was just Ben really. When he's on it, he's too good for our level. Hopefully Kiddy weren't to impressed! Louis allows those 2 to do what they do best. Kristian was the best of the 3 defenders, dealt with Gash very well, also thought Dallison did very well.

However, we NEED a striker. Will isn't a centre forward and for all his good work Browny isn't a 20 goal a season striker. We simply cannot afford to be reliant on Luke last night. When Kayo drops back to get involved with the link up at times there was simply no-one up front, its been said time and time again, but we have never really replaced Rowey. I think Luke is good enough too, but being reliant on that is dangerous IMO.

Excellent gate as well.

9Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Wed Jul 16 2014, 11:22

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Having seen us twice now I'm more than confident about our chances this season. Last night we played some really really good football at times. A midfield trio of Ben, Sean & Louis is the way forward IMO. Geddes was the sharpest player on the pitch Saturday and the first half last night the same. When Ben came on he was just Ben really. When he's on it, he's too good for our level. Hopefully Kiddy weren't to impressed! Louis allows those 2 to do what they do best. Kristian was the best of the 3 defenders, dealt with Gash very well, also thought Dallison did very well.

However, we NEED a striker. Will isn't a centre forward and for all his good work Browny isn't a 20 goal a season striker. We simply cannot afford to be reliant on Luke last night. When Kayo drops back to get involved with the link up at times there was simply no-one up front, its been said time and time again, but we have never really replaced Rowey. I think Luke is good enough too, but being reliant on that is dangerous IMO.

Excellent gate as well.

Good points well made Jack.

I totally agree about our striking options,if we're not careful we'll end up a decent striker light of being a very good side,in my opinion we MUST push the boat out and get someone in who can score 30 goals a season at this level.

I hear Rowey is not yet signed up for this season but i'm not really sure he's the answer anymore but i'd rather have him on sensible wages than nobody at all to take the weight off Benbow.

10Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Wed Jul 16 2014, 13:19

Jack

Jack
Admin

A kiddy fan seemed to think he had signed for Brackley, but that could be rubbish.

11Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Wed Jul 16 2014, 19:04

Aled

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/article/140716-club-statement-1762765.aspx

12Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Wed Jul 16 2014, 20:11

Jack

Jack
Admin

Can't say I feel any particular sorrow. Never really liked em.  Rolling Eyes 

13Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Wed Jul 16 2014, 23:28

dave w

If they go out of business will last night's result be expunged?

14Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Thu Jul 17 2014, 13:48

PhilC

How have the new signings done? Is it just Wood and Dallison so far? Where's Dallison fom?

15Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Thu Jul 17 2014, 13:55

Devil's Advocate

PhilC wrote:How have the new signings done?  Is it just Wood and Dallison so far?  Where's Dallison fom?

Walsall junior ranks.

Looked okay Tuesday but i doubt he'll be a starter in the first league match.

16Kiddy       Empty Re: Kiddy Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:18

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Game wasn't much to write home about as is so often the case with pre-season games but I'll agree we definitely held our own and certainly deserved the draw.

No substitute for the real thing though!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum