Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Run-In

+5
Dave the Glassboy
Jane.N
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
TRM
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Thu Apr 17 2014, 12:54

Devil's Advocate

A big night tonight with Poole hosting Chesham and Hungerford at home to Chippenham.

I'm not sure if i want a Poole win or a Chesham win,if Chesham win they are right in the title hunt and will pip Hemel if they win all their remaining games and thus will be very motivated on Saturday whereas a loss at Poole may see them quite deflated when they play us.

However,if Poole lose that then virtually end's their play off hope's as would a draw due to their inferior goal difference and a draw would also be bad for Chesham.

As for Hungerford,tonight's match promises to be very tasty as i believe there is "bad blood" following the abandoned match between them a few short weeks ago following a serious injury to a Chippenham player.

Surely Hungerford have to slip up sometime soon,we need them to lose to Hemel and either lose or only draw another of their remaining fixture's before the end of the season.

I'll be delighted if Poole and Hungerford both lose/draw tonight.

27The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Thu Apr 17 2014, 14:05

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:A big night tonight with Poole hosting Chesham and Hungerford at home to Chippenham.

I'm not sure if i want a Poole win or a Chesham win,if Chesham win they are right in the title hunt and will pip Hemel if they win all their remaining games and thus will be very motivated on Saturday whereas a loss at Poole may see them quite deflated when they play us.

However,if Poole lose that then virtually end's their play off hope's as would a draw due to their inferior goal difference and a draw would also be bad for Chesham.

As for Hungerford,tonight's match promises to be very tasty as i believe there is "bad blood" following the abandoned match between them a few short weeks ago following a serious injury to a Chippenham player.

Surely Hungerford have to slip up sometime soon,we need them to lose to Hemel and either lose or only draw another of their remaining fixture's before the end of the season.

If we win all our remaining games (which we won't, but if we do...) then we only need Hungerford to drop three points. Our GD is massively superior to theirs.

28The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Thu Apr 17 2014, 14:17

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:A big night tonight with Poole hosting Chesham and Hungerford at home to Chippenham.

If we win all our remaining games (which we won't, but if we do...) then we only need Hungerford to drop three points. Our GD is massively superior to theirs.

Yes i know that BUT winning away at Chesham is going to be a big ask,my gut feeling is that we won't win and thus we need some of the other results to go in our favour.

I'd be quite happy to see Poole lose tonight but then beat Cambridge on Saturday.

29The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Thu Apr 17 2014, 18:00

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Footbalwebpages.co.uk has us finishing 5th on it's predicted final table; 1-1 on Saturday, 3-0 win over Banbury and a 1-0 win at Hitchin, setting up another trip to Chesham in the playoffs.

30The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Thu Apr 17 2014, 22:15

TRM

Tonight:

Hungerford 1-1 Chippenham

Chippenham led 1-0 at HT, Hungerford equalised midway through the second half. Both sides had a man sent off late on, including Hungerford's keeper (handball outside the box). Before anybody asks, his supension would kick in in time for the play-off final if they got there, but not before. A positively humungous 164 at Bulpit Lane tonight.

Poole 1-0 Chesham

Very late goal for Poole. Pity as a draw would have been ideal. The NoG was there - says Poole were all over Chesh who looked nothing special on the night.

3rd to 7th now covered by 3 points. Ridiculously tight - could our GD prove the difference...?

31The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Fri Apr 18 2014, 09:26

TRM

Tomorrow:

Banbury v St Albans
Chesham v Stour
Hungerford v Hemel
Poole v Cambridge

Monday:

Cambridge v Corby
Chippenham v Hungerford
Hemel v Chesham
Poole v Bashley
St Albans v Biggleswade
Stour v Banbury

Next Saturday:

Banbury v Cambridge
Biggleswade v Hemel
Chesham v Weymouth
Frome v St Albans
Hitchin v Stour
Hungerford v Bideford
Poole v Arlesey

Posted this in the wrong thread originally. This is the better place for it.

Banbury have a big role to play with games against St Albans, us and Cambridge. They won at Weymouth on Tuesday and also beat Biggleswade 6-4 the other week. Apart from that game they've generally stopped shipping four or five every game. I have a feeling they'll take a point off somebody - hope it's not us.

Bigglswade, Frome and Hitchin all have a part to play. Bigglswade have lost fewer games than anybody outside the play-off race - fewer than us for starters. Frome are no mugs - much better than earlier in the season. Hitchin beat Cambridge a couple of weeks ago. Chippenham will be up for a second crack at Hungerford on Monday. There are all sorts of permutations.

32The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Sun Apr 20 2014, 10:21

TRM

Monday:

Cambridge v Corby
Chippenham v Hungerford
Poole v Bashley
St Albans v Biggleswade
Stour v Banbury

Expect Cambridge and Poole to win, but Hungerford and St Albans both have tough matches. Still a bit of "feeling" betwen Chippenham and Hungerford, I believe, so Chip should have some bite in their game. Biggleswade, as I've said before, are hard to beat and have drawn a lot of games. Can easily see them getting something at Clarence Park, though the home side will be favourites.

We could well be secure in the play-offs if we win tomorrow, which is absolutely fine by me. It would be nice to have a day out at Hitchin with nothing riding on it other than final positions, although at the same time I do love a bit of Last Day Tension!

Next Saturday:

Banbury v Cambridge
Frome v St Albans
Hitchin v Stour
Hungerford v Bideford
Poole v Arlesey

Would expect Cambridge, Hungerford and Poole to win. Another difficult one for St Albans. Ours is far from easy too.

33The Run-In - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run-In Mon Apr 21 2014, 21:47

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Cambridge's win this afternoon guarantees them a play-off place but they still need a win at Banbury on Saturday to seal 3rd. (On today's evidence shouldn't be a problem).

Then any two from three for the last positions. St Albans away at Frome and Hungerford home to Bideford the other relevant games on Saturday.

Poole now out of the running.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum