Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frome Alone.

+15
Dave the Glassboy
PhilC
oldhillglassboy
NickSFCB
Aled
Paranoid Android
stour_boy
stoursi
TRM
flexcavana
brockmoor
Jack
Tricky Tree
UlsterJim
Devil's Advocate
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 15:53

Devil's Advocate

Paranoid Android wrote:2-1 to the Mighty Glassboys, Very Happy 

Benbow.Geddes.

Att 397.

If we get 397 PA i'll eat my hat.

Wishful thinking i think mate at the moment.

27Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 18:06

brockmoor

brockmoor

No 
TRM wrote:Stats can tell you all sorts, but Frome's record this season is curious.

At home - played 10, won 0, drawn 3, lost 7

Away - played 9, won 5, drawn 1, lost 3

Their wins were at Banbury, Truro, Hitchin, Arlesey and Totton.

Although my business is surrounded by stats, you still need to take them with a pinch of salt.

Burnham had only won once at home when we played there a few weeks ago. However we couldnt get near them and never strung two passes together all night in an utterly disgraceful display.

28Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 18:36

Paranoid Android

stour_boy wrote:Can't make this one as I'm away with work again. Updates would be great.

Will be there on Boxing Day, weather permitting!

Send me your number before 7 if you get chance and i`ll update you by text if you want.

29Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 20:21

Aled

Currently 3 up courtesy of 2 from Geddes and 1 from Benbow. Thanks to Android for the updates.

30Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 20:30

Aled

4-0 Geddes hattrick. 25 yard screamer!

31Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 20:31

Aled

At least I'm smiling as I work now!!

32Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 20:58

Aled

5-0 Brown

33Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 20:59

stour_boy

stour_boy

Attendance 240

34Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 21:00

stour_boy

stour_boy

Sorry PA missed your post until now, thanks for the offer though!

Getting text updates from another source...albeit the source that said we had southport in the FA Cup Wink

35Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 21:51

Aled

Finished 7-0!! Hackett in Wink

36Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 21:55

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Good tonight warnt it?

37Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:04

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Good tonight warnt it?

Quite right Tricky my little Bumpkin friend.

You fitted in so well with those Yokel's from Frome…….like you'd been separated from that old fella at birth,you even spoke the same language.

The way the goals were flying in i was begining to wish i'd brought my little Black Adder with me to help keep score.

Their number six had to go for that challenge though,he was reading a very thin blue line with the ref after that assault on Benbow.

Let's be fair here though,Frome were lucky to get nil,what an awful side,weak,lacking passion and ability and no fight in them generally,these are the sort of sides we bully.

Hemel is the true test of our metal,let's go there and get right in their faces from minute one,no sitting back and fannying around.

I gave Geddes the MOTM award tonight,he was excellent but so too was Kayelden Brown,surely the lad deserves to start alongside Benbow with Rowey taking a break.

Well done to the whole team.

38Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:16

brockmoor

brockmoor

What a difference a few days make.

Tonight we did everything that we didnt do on Saturday! We started with a high tempo and got straight at them from the first minute. We turned Frome continuously and had them facing their own goals for almost the first half.

When we get in peoples faces and our midfield work hard to close down space we can destroy anyone. I thought Brown was superb tonight and maybe I was a little to critical of the management staff on Saturday playing him out on the wing. I still believe his better position would be down the middle, but it looks like he could definately do a job out wide on tonights performance.

I gave Geddes MOM but it could have been a number of players.

Well done to the players and staff for a great performance and result. A thoroughly enjoyable night and fingers crossed we can go on a good run with a positive result on Saturday.

RED ARMY.

39Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:17

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:Good tonight warnt it?

Quite right Tricky my little Bumpkin friend.

You fitted in so well with those Yokel's from Frome…….like you'd been separated from that old fella at birth,you even spoke the same language.

The way the goals were flying in i was begining to wish i'd brought my little Black Adder with me to help keep score.

Their number six had to go for that challenge though,he was reading a very thin blue line with the ref after that assault on Benbow.

Let's be fair here though,Frome were lucky to get nil,what an awful side,weak,lacking passion and ability and no fight in them generally,these are the sort of sides we bully.

Hemel is the true test of our metal,let's go there and get right in their faces from minute one,no sitting back and fannying around.

I gave Geddes the MOTM award tonight,he was excellent but so too was Kayelden Brown,surely the lad deserves to start alongside Benbow with Rowey taking a break.

Well done to the whole team.

Ryan Rowan needs a break without a doubt.
Typo....Ryan Rowe.

40Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:46

NickSFCB

Great win, got texts by the pool in 25c orlando. The beer will tast better tonight after a 7-0 win

41Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 23:13

oldhillglassboy

I half expected a scoreline like this after Saturday. Good all round team performance, in their faces from the first minute, Geddes and Benbow where excellent and after slating him a few days ago, thought Brown had a good game, shame Rowe couldn't get on the score sheet, lacking in confidence, could easily have had a hat trick.

It has to be said the opposition where poor, but you still have to put them away, the sending off was in the one bit of the pitch I couldn't see! so can't comment.

Hope we can take that forward to Saturday.

42Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 23:18

PhilC

Feast or famine!!!

43Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Tue Dec 17 2013, 23:31

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:

I hate to think what that's a euphemism for!  Shocked

Wink 

44Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Frome alone Wed Dec 18 2013, 10:28

redpike

A one-sided game if ever I saw one. With Frome being so poor, Dean will never have an easier match.

Good to see Kayelden score. He deserved it for a good all-round performance and you could see him growing in confidence as the game progressed.

Ryan is going through a patch when he can do anything but score. Let's hope he puts this right against Hemel.

Poor attendance which must be of concern to the club. What's happened to the 800+ at Stevenage ?

45Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Wed Dec 18 2013, 11:28

rasam

enjoyed the game last night, but i have to chuckle at all you doubters who change their tune every time we we win. still not sure about some of your so called knowledge about certain players in the team, i think in the main stourbridge have a decent squad all be it that it is a small squad and perhaps it does need one or two more too strenghthen it.
Away now over christmas and new year so i wont see any games unfortunately, good luck to the team over the christmas period and the die hard supporters.
Have a good christmas and new year Laughing Laughing 

46Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Wed Dec 18 2013, 11:39

brockmoor

brockmoor

rasam wrote:enjoyed the game last night, but i have to chuckle at all you doubters who change their tune every time we we win. still not sure about some of your so called knowledge about certain players in the team, i think in the main stourbridge have a decent squad all be it that it is a small squad and perhaps it does need one or two more too strenghthen it.
Away now over christmas and new year so i wont see any games unfortunately, good luck to the team over the christmas period and the die hard supporters.

Didnt realize you were going away as you havent mentioned it before.

47Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Wed Dec 18 2013, 11:59

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:
rasam wrote:enjoyed the game last night, but i have to chuckle at all you doubters who change their tune every time we we win. still not sure about some of your so called knowledge about certain players in the team, i think in the main stourbridge have a decent squad all be it that it is a small squad and perhaps it does need one or two more too strenghthen it.

Didnt realize you were going away as you havent mentioned it before.

LOL :-)

48Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Wed Dec 18 2013, 13:17

TRM

Good result - sorry I missed it!

Rasam - if people "change their tune" it's because performances and results over the last couple of months have been so "Jekyll and Hyde".

Chippenham, Weymouth and Frome all thrashed. Great wins at Workington and Bideford. Tenacious and creditable effort at Stevenage.

On the other hand, poor stuff at Burnham, Biggleswade and at home to Arlesey (didn't see that one - only going on what I've read). And that's not just the actual performaces, it's the tactics and line-ups adopted. Some of the criticism has been expressed strongly, much stronger than I would usually be myself, but even I have had the occasional "outburst". However, I haven't been able to disagree with the main thrust of what you would call "negative" posters. I think they have been realistic and what you might call "to the point."

Those who only see the home games, which is the majority of supporters by definition, will have mostly seen good games and good wins, with the odd exception. Their view will be much like your own, and based on what they will have seen it is fair enough.

But if people praise the good bits then it is only reasonable that they bemoan the not-so-good bits. Players and managers (not just at Stour) are happy to take credit and praise when theings go well - they can't expect it both ways, especially on the occasions when they have been (in my opinion) culpable.

If we can find consistency over the second half of the season then we all know we are capable of finishing well in the play-offs, even if the Title appears a forlorn hope. However, to do that I firmly believe we need to find ways of dealing with teams who don't play into our hands like Weymouth, for instance, did by being so utterly limp and clueless. Didn't see Frome or Chippenham, so can't comment on those games.

The last four league games: 7-0, 0-2, 0-2, 7-0.

I'd rather have taken 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0.

Or even 1-0, 1-1, 1-1, 1-0.

To be able to guts out some kind of result when not playing well. To be able to at least stay in the game by keeping clean sheets - if you don't concede, you get at least a point. 7-0 wins are fantastic, but clubbed together they might be worth one extra point in GD come the end of April.

We have GOT to find consistency, a solid reliable spine to the team (it's there in some games but not in others), the senior players have got to drag us through matches, and we have to be adaptable so that we can cope with all sorts of games, pitches, weather, opposition and so on. Right now we fall short of that, but not by much.

49Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Wed Dec 18 2013, 13:35

stoursi

Good result and three points in the bag.

Better performance as i think we played the game at a higher tempo from the start. Frome allowed us to pass the ball around which is when we are at our best.

Thought Frome were a poor side and therefore not too much should be read into the result. Dean only making one save late on really. What the result should give us is confidence for future games and none bigger than Saturday at Hemel. We must at least come away with a point.

Thought the attendance was very poor on not a cold night with no Champions League football. Must be one of the lowest crowds in the past two years.

Also the as someone else has said that the squad is quite small at present therefore we fielded two youth players on the bench. Don't mind that if thats the last resort but we need to add to the numbers asap since it looks like we may have lost one or two.

Good luck to the players and management for Hemel and hopefully we will do better than we have in the past.

50Frome Alone. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frome Alone. Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:46

Brian Handy

Sean won MotM with 15 votes, Kayelden received 8 & Jamie 1 vote.

Mick Dewar won the wine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next