Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frome away.

+4
Tricky Tree
Dave the Glassboy
UlsterJim
Devil's Advocate
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frome away. Empty Frome away. Thu Mar 27 2014, 00:38

Devil's Advocate

I'll be missing this one so i'll be anxiously awaiting text updates from Jimbo.

Frome seem to be finding some form,having recently beaten Hemel 1-0 and i see they came back on Wednesday evening to beat St Neots 5-4 so i think we can expect a much tougher match than when we trounced them at Amblecote earlier this season.

I do feel that this match and the one at Hitchen along with the home matches v Totton and Banbury are "must win" considering we have to travel to both Chesham and Poole.

2Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Thu Mar 27 2014, 09:12

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:I'll be missing this one so i'll be anxiously awaiting text updates from Jimbo.

Unfortunately I am going to miss it now too. I have to be at a surprise 60th birthday near Stafford at 7.30. Even with the offer of a lit back from Andy Hill I wont make it in time. I will forward his text updates on to you.

http://www.nibadges.com

3Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Thu Mar 27 2014, 09:21

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Oh and buy the way it's pronounced Froooooooooooooooooooom.

http://www.nibadges.com

4Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Thu Mar 27 2014, 11:06

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I'll be missing this one so i'll be anxiously awaiting text updates from Jimbo.

Unfortunately I am going to miss it now too.  I have to be at a surprise 60th birthday near Stafford at 7.30.  Even with the offer of a lit back from Andy Hill I wont make it in time.  I will forward his text updates on to you.

How can your birthday be a surprise if you already know about it?

5Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Thu Mar 27 2014, 16:35

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

UlsterJim wrote:

Unfortunately I am going to miss it now too.  I have to be at a surprise 60th birthday near Stafford at 7.30.  Even with the offer of a lit back from Andy Hill I wont make it in time.  I will forward his text updates on to you.

You're looking good for it!  Wink 

6Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Fri Mar 28 2014, 13:05

And he doesn't look a day over 59, must be all that anti-wrinkle cream he uses Laughing 

7Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Fri Mar 28 2014, 14:14

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I always thought Ulster was well into his 60's.

8Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Fri Mar 28 2014, 20:12

TRM

Bedford have signed five new players ahead of tomorrow's game at Poole, including two on loan from MK Dons. Let's hope that brings a change in fortunes!

9Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:35

Devil's Advocate

I'm surprised nobody has posted before me this evening following such a cracking result.

Poole's loss was a massive bonus along with the red card received so i hope Banbury can at least tire them out a bit on Tuesday before we arrive in town on Thursday.

Well done lads,i'm well pleased with today's result after the loss at Hemel which was undeserved.

10Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Sat Mar 29 2014, 21:04

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

First half we were all over them and 2-0 up and it looked like a question of how many?

Second half though we barely got off the starting blocks and we looked distinctly lacklustre - a decent side would have given us some bother.

11Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Sat Mar 29 2014, 22:08

stoursi

Agree with DTG about the game.

I know it will be hard for some supporters to make Poole but I hope as many give the team support via this forum.

12Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Sun Mar 30 2014, 11:32

Jack

Jack
Admin

All we can do is do our job and hope that's enough. Well done lads, been a very good week performance wise

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

13Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:53

Brian Handy

I thought we dominated the first half , scored 2 good goals and could have had more.
Second half we never really got out of third gear, but held them easily and they rarely threatened.
We could even have scored a third near the end when their keeper made a good save from Smirkle.
Although the ref denied him his moment of glory by giving a goal kick to the bemusement of both benches.
Listing to the chat after the game I think 2nd half we were saving ourselves for Poole on Thursday.
Having given Dean some stick over the last few games I think it only fair to say he had a good game today, albeit against a poor attack.

MotM was Kyle with 4 votes, Netan , Louis, Drew & Dean all received 1. (still 1 vote to come in).

Wine was won by Karen Hough

14Frome away. Empty Re: Frome away. Sun Mar 30 2014, 15:47

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:I thought we dominated the first half , scored 2 good goals and could have had more.
Second half we never really got out of third gear, but held them easily and they rarely threatened.
We could even have scored a third near the end when their keeper made a good save from Smirkle.
Although the ref denied him his moment of glory by giving a goal kick to the bemusement of both benches.
Listing to the chat after the game I think 2nd half we were saving ourselves for Poole on Thursday.
Having given Dean some stick over the last few games I think it only fair to say he had a good game today, albeit against a poor attack.

MotM was Kyle with 4 votes, Netan , Louis, Drew & Dean all received 1. (still 1 vote to come in).

Wine was won by Karen Hough

"Smirkle"………LOL Brian,that made me Smilke :-))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]