Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stevenage Away.

+20
PhilC
baz
Brian Handy
borofox
Taniwha
flexcavana
Jane.N
brockmoor
stour_boy
whisn
Aled
Dave the Glassboy
Paranoid Android
oldhillglassboy
NickSFCB
Tricky Tree
stoursi
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Jack
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 21:47

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

If you want to watch the highlights tomorrow night then it's going to be a Tivo/Sky Plus job as it's not starting until 5 past midnight!

27Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:01

TRM

Dave the Glassboy wrote:If you want to watch the highlights tomorrow night then it's going to be a Tivo/Sky Plus job as it's not starting until 5 past midnight!
Gives me an excuse not to watch the cricket!

28Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:16

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:If you want to watch the highlights tomorrow night then it's going to be a Tivo/Sky Plus job as it's not starting until 5 past midnight!
Other than it being the sporting equivalent of watching paint dry?

Wink 

29Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:20

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
TRM wrote:

Wink 
Cricket is superb Dave especially the Ashes

30Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:21

TRM

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
TRM wrote:

Wink 
No, Dave, that would be basketball, or anything else played primarily in the USA, come to that.

31Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:22

TRM

Tricky Tree wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
TRM wrote:

Wink 
Cricket is superb Dave especially the Ashes
You're obviously thinking of a different "Ashes" from the ones I've been watching recently! Laughing 

32Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:30

Aled

I'm staying up again tonight in hope rather than expectation that we can get done pay back against the foe. Little kip on the coach should suffice on the way tomorrow. Come on Stour!!!!!!!

33Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:30

Aled

Some even....can't edit on the phone!

34Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:52

At least Gary Hackett hasn't been on the midlands Today and predicted an easy 2-0 win against Bristol City, like the Tamworth manager has this evening. If they fail to win he ay arf' gonna have egg on his face, what a twerp

1st person to start the Mexican wave tomorrow wins... Wink 

35Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Fri Dec 06 2013, 23:40

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
TRM wrote:

Wink 

Dave,from the height you wear your trousers at i thought it was nailed on that you'd be a member at Worcestershire Cricket.

How you can watch ladies football then call The Ashes as "equivalent of watching paint dry" is beyond me.

36Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 07:53

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Each to their own, mate. At least if I see a poor game I've only wasted 90 minutes!

Smile 

37Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 08:21

Jack

Jack
Admin

I wouldn't take it personally, Mr Hackett.

Graham strikes me as the sort who will only make friends if it's beneficial to him. Like Sir Alex, David Moyes and Harry Redknapp.

I doubt he can see much value in befriending the manager of a glorified pub team. No offence.

Just one of many on their forum. Someone also managed to work out there are 7 leagues between us. Which is wrong. If there was any more needed motivation.... Also talk of it being our cup final etc etc.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

38Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 11:49

Aled

Need a wee!!'

39Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 11:50

whisn

Really need a wee!!

40Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 11:55

Aled

Welcome to the forum whisn. Do you get to many away matches?

41Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 11:59

whisn

I was coming down Stour when John the fox horn was playing mate....wind your neck in!;

42Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 12:02

Aled

1st game for 15 years then mate?

43Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 17:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

We can be very proud of ourselves after that. First half not only did we match them, but we were the better team. If Luke had scored who knows? Thought Ryan should have done better with his chance. Goal on half time killed the game. Wasnt a corner either. Second half was tough but it always was going to be. We never really dealt with Zoko but that wasn't necessarily due to his talent.

However, few negatives. I, like many of you go home and away, I'll be at Cambridge, Hitchin & Truro, a lot of the fans there today won't be. That's not a problem, until they act like idiots. Day did absolutely nothing wrong today, he didn't celebrate any of the goals and conducted himself well. The banter is funny but then it gets very boring and tedious. But hey! Always going to happen. Stevenage fans were crap, and goal music. Dear me. Interesting that in the first half we were embarrassing them, but by full time we were a village team-better than Pub, I suppose? We also have a mere 100 real supporters. Apparently. Anyway, we now know how we can perform, no excuses now. Crack on in the league and lets get promoted! The end of the game was very very special!

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

44Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 19:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Slater and his dance was class.....the look of total bemusement on Gary's face was a joy to behold.

45Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 20:50

stour_boy

stour_boy

Great interview with Gary thanking the fans: http://audioboo.fm/boos/1781938-gary-hackett-very-frustrated-after-stourbridge-knocked-out-of-fa-cup#t=1m55s

Worth listening right to the end for the final question:
Q: And was Graham Westley a bit more gracious this time?
A: Graham who?

Haha!

46Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:04

stour_boy

stour_boy

I was thinking as the half wore on that if we went to half time in at 0-0 it would be brilliant but they scored at exactly the right time from their perspective and it settled them for the second half, which was largely one way traffic. Still, the players & management can be very proud of their efforts and everyone justified their place in the starting XI. The one surprise was Francis' inclusion but he played well. The scenes on the pitch were great at the end, was great to see them come over to the fans for a prolonged period.

Sadly, off the pitch, too many morons turned up, and worryingly most of them who weren't old enough to have the excuse of too much alcohol intake. To chant for the majority of the second half about a goalkeeper who appeared to have done nothing untoward was just moronic and totally unnecessary. Even more so the alleged spit at the keeper which I didn't see, and the flare at the end, and the guy who ran on the pitch. And some of the chants? Let's pretend we've scored? Dear oh dear, my teenage years may be only just behind me now but I'm afraid the amusement of that one is totally lost on me.

As for the kid who was walking out of the ground with one of their seats in hand that he had ripped off, I had the great pleasure of ruining his day by taking the seat off him.

Seems to me that the youth of today has totally lost respect for authority or anyone else, but that's a discussion for another thread and it's very sad that it's slightly taken the shine off the day. It's even more sad if there were other people there, perhaps for the first time, who were put off by some of the frankly disgusting scenes that were happening, and decide not to come anymore, because that would be the real tragedy.

Still, I want to end on a positive note, so thanks to the players & management for their efforts today, and for another cup run to remember. Now we must translate our hard work and effort of today into as many, if not all league games from here on in, and lets get that high league finish that we know they can achieve, and they deserve. Up the Glassboys!

47Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:18

brockmoor

brockmoor

Some highlights of todays game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPfnNvypTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXLp5vl1wgQ

Last edited by brockmoor on Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:24; edited 1 time in total

48Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:23

Jane.N

Got to echo a lot of what Stourboy said. So so proud of the team and management but in equal measures so so ashamed of a worryingly large section of the supporters behaviour and especially chants.

I have been to Wembley, Millenium cup finals, Manchester derbys, Man utd v liverpool games so I am not unaware of chanting and the like that takes place, but it feels so much worse at a club of our level.

I do not accept the ' oh but its to be expected at these kind of occasions' lines that will no doubt be churned out. Bad behavoiur is never acceptable no matter what the occasion. Toddlers have tantrums because its that age - that does not mean they get spoilt and given in to, teenagers get hormonal and stroppy - it doesnt mean they can get away with being rude. ( Thats why my son is so well mannered at 16!! Laughing ) Letting people 'get away with it' because its expected is lazy parenting and in this case its letting fans get away with giving our club a bad name. I was fairly central to the main part of all the chants, so it may not have come across so bad throughout the ground but I was totally embarrassed and would not have blamed their keeper if he had celebrated like they had won the final itself given his treatment - to his defense and credit he didnt celebrate a single goal! The ridiculous trying to get on the pitch was also out of line. I gather some innocents were caught up in that - to me though, it was obvious it was going to happen so dont put yourself near the action of the barriers and then you cant be caught up in it!

The club want young people to come to the games - but hopefully not those idiots!

Thought some players looked very nervous - understandibly so and the experience of Leon and Nathan stood out for me.

Feel gutted we are out. Horrible when you, as a regular, full time supporter are feeling sad that you are losing and willing your team to score adn then are surrounded by 'lets pretend we have scored' and bloody mexican waves! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
I could go on and on but think i will stop now. Razz 

Thanks to the club, management and players who made me so proud today!

49Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:31

Devil's Advocate

Throughout the first half we were the better team.

We outplayed them,outthought them and most surprisingly of all,we outfought them,the team from one to eleven were superb.

My one criticism would be the fact that we just seemed to leave Dean to deal with Zoko at corners,we didn't seem bothered about marking him which i found strange.

This bit us in the @rse when he finally scored,not only did we ignore him at the corner but nobody picked him up when the second ball came into the box and considering Jamie was in the centre of the box and Drew had pushed across to try and deal with the guy that crossed it then it just looked very sloppy and it p1ssed on our parade at a crucial moment just before half time.

Apart from poor closing down on that occasion i thought Drew had a good game,especially first half.

Will Richards started incredibly nervously but really settled after that and i thought him and Nathan were top notch.

Leon and Sean had good games too,Ben was a bit isolated as much of the play went down the other side but i thought he did well in the last 20 minutes.

Andre got caught in possession a little too often but also did some very good stuff as well,surely the right back spot has to be his for a good run now.

I thought Knighty did quite well when he came on but generally,up front i didn't think we looked like really troubling them too much and Rowey should have buried that header.

I was disappointed with everything Stevenage had to offer.

Horrible style of football and in the first 44 minutes they were one of the worst sides we've played this season,we made them look silly at times.

I wouldn't give them any price on staying up and quite frankly their whole set up appears to be Skrill Premier,some of the non league stadiums these days are way ahead of Stevenage's ground.

Great to see so many people who i now like to think of as friend's at the match today,i'm not going to pass comment on the few "undesirables" that turned up today as they aren't worth wasting time on.

It's been a great ride again this year,right from our travel out to Evesham on that bright sunny day but Workington was my highlight of the season.

Thanks to "Sir Gary",Fordy,Clifton,all the back up staff,the whole squad and Andy Poutney and his board for another unforgettable campaign,we might have a moan at things sometimes guys but we do appreciate your efforts so thanks from me again for the memories.

Can i make a request though that i'm sure all genuine Stour fan's will echo,please,please don't let the end of the cup run signal the end of the season.

No more "Burnhams,Hungerfords,Cambridges and Biggleswades when we travel,get the "head's on" and focus on the promotion AND Mr.Chairman,time to invest SOME of the money in a few quality,proven players.

Let's stop fiddling around and get that promotion.

Well done one and all.

Last edited by Devil's Advocate on Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:39; edited 1 time in total

50Stevenage Away.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Sat Dec 07 2013, 21:33

flexcavana

Well looks like my baby / FA Cup run coincidences didnt materialise this year. However it was fun while it lasted. agree fully with Stourboy that 0-0 at half time would've given us one hell of a chance but hey ho, it wasn't to be.

There were a few wallies around today but sadly football does tend to attract them. It seemed to me that the Stourbridge themed and positive and supportive chants seemed to be started by the 'regulars' whereas the moronic element were starting the abusive, imbecilic chants. I've never really understood wasting energy on opposition players. I'm sure Stevenage will have their share of idiots jump on their bandwagon if they pull a plum draw in the next round! They need some people to jump on the bandwagon as it didn't appear to have many people on it today! Wink 

Other positives from the day were the free parking and having a lovely picture of Gary Hackett to look at while I was having a wee. (Glassboys themed pictures in the loos was a nice touch!)

Well onto the nitty gritty of the league now - and don't forget everyone we haven't even started our Worcester Senior Cup defence yet!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum