Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stevenage Away.

+20
PhilC
baz
Brian Handy
borofox
Taniwha
flexcavana
Jane.N
brockmoor
stour_boy
whisn
Aled
Dave the Glassboy
Paranoid Android
oldhillglassboy
NickSFCB
Tricky Tree
stoursi
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Jack
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 08:33

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Aled....I was having a pop more at stourboy than yourself but...I totally agree that you should do the time for a crime and in my opinion a night in the cells(which hewwould have received)and a fine from the magistrates is plenty enough punishment.
He doesn't need to also have to pay any potential club fine.

102Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 09:03

TRM

I'm very much with Aled and Stour_boy on this one, and I believe that the bloke SHOULD pay any fine that the Club incurs, though how practical it would be to get the money out of him is another matter.

One bloke running on a pitch is funny for about five seconds (if that). Let's face it, it's hardly up there with Morecambe & Wise and Andrew Preview as a comedy classic. It's just a grown man who in all likelihood can't hold his ale saying "Look at me! Look at me!" If that was all it was about then fine, let him have his fun.

But if it costs the Club money in a fine, and possibly a formal warning as to future conduct into the bargain, then the humour is over. Sorry if this is a "boring" opinion, but the alternative is you let everybody do what they want in the name of "fun", and hang the consequences. How many people running on the pitch does it take for "fun" to cease and "crowd trouble" to begin? One, five, twenty? Where do you draw the line?

The other galling thing about it is I didn't recognise the bloke from Adam. Never knowingly seen him at a Stour match before, and probably never will again. So he's had his "fun" and barring a slap on the wrist he's got away with it while the Club's finances and reputation (and our reputation as genuine supporters too) potentially suffers. Yes, this is a bit of an exaggeartion, but like I say - where do you draw the line?

The smoke bomb/flare is a similar thing - against ground regulations and should be dealt with accordingly. I've got no sympathy at all.

The broken seat is different. It's criminal damage and I hope if it's on CCTV the lad gets done for it.

All these things add up to giving Stevenage an excuse to paint us as hooligans. We all know it's a million miles from the truth but they couldn't care less whether it is or not.

103Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 09:04

Aled

Didn't think you were having a go mate, healthy debate which has hopefully been grammatically correct lol

104Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:07

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

TRM wrote:I'm very much with Aled and Stour_boy on this one, and I believe that the bloke SHOULD pay any fine that the Club incurs, though how practical it would be to get the money out of him is another matter.

One bloke running on a pitch is funny for about five seconds (if that). Let's face it, it's hardly up there with Morecambe & Wise and Andrew Preview as a comedy classic. It's just a grown man who in all likelihood can't hold his ale saying "Look at me! Look at me!" If that was all it was about then fine, let him have his fun.

But if it costs the Club money in a fine, and possibly a formal warning as to future conduct into the bargain, then the humour is over. Sorry if this is a "boring" opinion, but the alternative is you let everybody do what they want in the name of "fun", and hang the consequences. How many people running on the pitch does it take for "fun" to cease and "crowd trouble" to begin? One, five, twenty? Where do you draw the line?

The other galling thing about it is I didn't recognise the bloke from Adam. Never knowingly seen him at a Stour match before, and probably never will again. So he's had his "fun" and barring a slap on the wrist he's got away with it while the Club's finances and reputation (and our reputation as genuine supporters too) potentially suffers. Yes, this is a bit of an exaggeartion, but like I say - where do you draw the line?

The smoke bomb/flare is a similar thing - against ground regulations and should be dealt with accordingly. I've got no sympathy at all.

The broken seat is different. It's criminal damage and I hope if it's on CCTV the lad gets done for it.

All these things add up to giving Stevenage an excuse to paint us as hooligans. We all know it's a million miles from the truth but they couldn't care less whether it is or not.
He ran on the pitch to the half way line,hugged a couple of players,ran back,slid on his knees and stood waiting to get arrested.....no violence,no agro....what on earth is all the bloody fuss?....good grief.

105Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:17

brockmoor

brockmoor

Completely agree Tricky.

If stewards had done their jobs properly, the guy wouldnt have got on pitch, neither would the guy with the flair have got in.

Only thing i condone on the day is the 'sole' supporter who ripped a seat out.

Dont even understand why such a big fuss is being made of it to be honest. People love to concentrate on the negatives instead of the positives of such a great day and another famous cup run.

106Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:23

TRM

Easy to blame the stewards. If one bloke wants to get on the pitch then he almost certainly will. There were maybe a dozen stewards - they can't stop everybody. More stewards might have helped but then we'd have been complaining about overkill.

As for the flare, the only fail-safe way of stopping that is to search absolutely everybody - again, we'd be moaning about overkill. Stewards just can't win.

Where people break the Ground Regulations I have no sympathy and it IS a "Big Deal." As Aled says - do the crime, take the punishment. The WHOLE punishment.

Is it really that hard to behave yourself?

107Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:27

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

brockmoor wrote:Completely agree Tricky.

If stewards had done their jobs properly, the guy wouldnt have got on pitch, neither would the guy with the flair have got in.

Dont even understand why such a big fuss is being made of it to be honest. People love to concentrate on the negatives instead of the positives of such a great day and another famous cup run.
Bloody hell Brockmoor this is becoming a habit,us agreeing with each other.....spot on post.

I've only met Aled a couple of times but he seems a really nice bloke but on this matter he is talking like a lunatic.....I really like TRM and i respect his views a hell of a lot but his last post was utter drivel(my opinion)......as for Stourboy.....I'm off to sort my sock drawer AGAIN!!!!

108Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:29

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:Completely agree Tricky.

Bloody hell Brockmoor this is becoming a habit,us agreeing with each other.....spot on post.

I've only met Aled a couple of times but he seems a really nice bloke but on this matter he is talking like a lunatic.....I really like TRM and i respect his views a hell of a lot but his last post was utter drivel(my opinion)......as for Stourboy.....I'm off to sort my sock drawer AGAIN!!!!

TRM.....LAST POST BUT ONE......then again his last post also got my back up.

109Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:35

brockmoor

brockmoor

TRM wrote:Easy to blame the stewards. If one bloke wants to get on the pitch then he almost certainly will. There were maybe a dozen stewards - they can't stop everybody. More stewards might have helped but then we'd have been complaining about overkill.

As for the flare, the only fail-safe way of stopping that is to search absolutely everybody - again, we'd be moaning about overkill. Stewards just can't win.

Where people break the Ground Regulations I have no sympathy and it IS a "Big Deal." As Aled says - do the crime, take the punishment. The WHOLE punishment.

Is it really that hard to behave yourself?

The stewards are there to control fans. They are paid to do their jobs so if they dont do them, then yes I can blame the stewards. Lets face it there werent nowhere near enough stewards and that is the blame of the club. As for getting searched getting in to a ground, I have absolutely no problem with it and its the 'norm' for away fans to get searched at any Football League ground. Again this is the fault of the club. At some away grounds Ive been searched three times! Once before you get inside a 'corden' to the ground. Once before i got through a turnstile and searched again when through the turnstile. I have no problem with this at all.

As for the... 'Where people break the Ground Regulations I have no sympathy and it IS a "Big Deal." As Aled says - do the crime, take the punishment' comment.
I have no sympathy either, I have no doubt he will take his punishment so why do we need to keep going over the same incident?

Its the last time I personally mention it. I dont remember the same being said at Plymouth when up to 20 fans got on the other side of the perimeter fencing. Yes I know it wasnt completely on the pitch but its not allowed in any case.

110Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:52

TRM

Tricky Tree wrote:I really like TRM and i respect his views a hell of a lot but his last post was utter drivel(my opinion)

Careful - I might have to think hard about who I offer lifts to in the future!  Good job I'm an easy-going sort of chap who doesn't take the cut and thrust of such heated debates too personally! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

Brockmoor - respect your point of view and we shall have to disagree amicably.

What I would say is that I don't find myself in Football League stadia often. Plymouth was probably the last time, and before that it was at least five years, so I'm not clued up on the levels of stewarding, searches, etc these days. I was always under the impression that it was much more relaxed generally than when I used to go to "big" games more often twenty or more years ago - fans generally being more trusted nowadays and more of a "softly, softly" approach being adopted. Maybe I'm wrong there.

By all means blame Stevenage if you didn't think there were enough stewards there - I don't think the ones who WERE there could have done a lot more than they did. Those are slightly different issues.

Yes, agreed, the whole thing is a small point in the scheme of things, and seems to have become more talked about than the match itself, which is a pity. Let's blame Borofox for that - he started it!

111Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:56

TRM

Getting back to the stuff that matters. Match photos from Andy Roper...

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/photos/stevenage-v-stourbridge-fa-cu-444848.html

And photos of the supporters (I'm in one of them, studiously reading my programme!)...

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/photos/stevenage-v-stourbridge-the-fa-444851.html

112Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:05

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I'm very much with Aled and Stour_boy on this one, and I believe that the bloke SHOULD pay any fine that the Club incurs, though how practical it would be to get the money out of him is another matter.

My seat was broken before i sat on it!

Brockmoor must have sat on it when he was there watching Albion a few seasons back :-)

Can't see why the club should pay for that cretin's action's though.

IF we do get fined then the club should take the d1ck to court and sue him in return.

Having said all this,i don't think Millwall will be fearing any future tie with us.

113Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:19

Aled

Lunatic? Lol bloody hell trickster, I've said it before but I'll say it again. I couldn't care less about him getting on the pitch, he could have whacked his nob out and chanted suck on me balls for all I care. All I'm saying is, why should the club be made to pay out for his actions, no more, no less. Quite why you seem to be ok with it taking money out of our coffers is beyond me.

If the club turned round and said we ain't buying that big enforcer type bloke cos we had to pay this fellas fine would you be ok with that?

I can just see you chortling away at the moment if you were writing the cheque to the FA!!

114Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:33

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Aled wrote:Lunatic? Lol bloody hell trickster, I've said it before but I'll say it again. I couldn't care less about him getting on the pitch, he could have whacked his nob out and chanted suck on me balls for all I care. All I'm saying is, why should the club be made to pay out for his actions, no more, no less. Quite why you seem to be ok with it taking money out of our coffers is beyond me.

If the club turned round and said we ain't buying that big enforcer type bloke cos we had to pay this fellas fine would you be ok with that?

I can just see you chortling away at the moment if you were writing the cheque to the FA!!

A big mossive belly laugh.

115Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:37

Aled

Whilst holding your sides to stop them splitting I hope mate lol

116Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:42

stour_boy

stour_boy

Just to clarify, I wasn't having a pop at anyone on here with my remarks. Sorry to Tricky if he thought I was having a pop at him, I wasn't, I just happen to disagree with you view on this occasion. I totally agree with TRM and Aled, like most people I did have a giggle when he did the knee slide, but the potential reputational damage is far from funny, as well as any fine.

It would be impossible for us to have 400-500 stewards at every game at Amblecote to police each fan. Because clubs can only afford to have say one steward for every 50 fans or something, it places a huge reliance on people obeying the rules. Whilst one person on the pitch was no problem on Saturday, if all the kids had run on, as they had chanted about, problems could quickly have escalated.

117Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:45

Aled

My money was still on the plump ginger fella being the access route......does that sound wrong?!

118Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:48

TRM

Aled wrote:My money was still on the plump ginger fella being the access route......does that sound wrong?!

Are you referring to the Shirley Temple look-a-like?

119Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:56

TRM

stour_boy wrote:Just to clarify, I wasn't having a pop at anyone on here with my remarks. Sorry to Tricky if he thought I was having a pop at him, I wasn't, I just happen to disagree with you view on this occasion. I totally agree with TRM and Aled, like most people I did have a giggle when he did the knee slide, but the potential reputational damage is far from funny, as well as any fine.

It would be impossible for us to have 400-500 stewards at every game at Amblecote to police each fan. Because clubs can only afford to have say one steward for every 50 fans or something, it places a huge reliance on people obeying the rules. Whilst one person on the pitch was no problem on Saturday, if all the kids had run on, as they had chanted about, problems could quickly have escalated.

The point about the reputational damage is not so much in the fact that one bloke ran on the pitch and, erm... didn't actually do much.

It's when (and obviously if) the local papers then run stories like "Stourbridge FC were fined £xxx and warned as to their supporters' future conduct after supporters invaded the pitch, let off flares and ripped up seats during the FA Cup tie at Stevenage..."

120Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I don't care what gets put because we know the actual facts.

121Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:12

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:My money was still on the plump ginger fella being the access route......does that sound wrong?!

If ever there was a bloke who was only ever going to have sex with just one person in the room it was that steward.

Anyone who look's like that AND can sit and watch a crowd for 90 minutes has got serious issues and a life that non of us would want……………………even you Tricky :-)

122Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:20

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:

If ever there was a bloke who was only ever going to have sex with just one person in the room it was that steward.

Anyone who look's like that AND can sit and watch a crowd for 90 minutes has got serious issues and a life that non of us would want……………………even you Tricky :-)
Oh I don't know devil....my life is dross at the moment....seriously dross.

123Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:41

Jack

Jack
Admin

The ginger one looked like he was going to cry at 1 point. Really wasn't the type that should be a steward.  Razz 

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

124Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:07

baz

Some realy good fan pictures from the link of the OS,nice to see a broad selection of ages from ten ish to old bugger age Kenny Guest lol and tbf i recognise a lot of the faces as they may not come to every match but when can,i guess.

125Stevenage Away.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stevenage Away. Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:11

baz

Have read all the posts on the football side and they been all spot on,and on the pitch invader and ripped seat issue,it could of been so much worse eg a full pitch invasion! Meaning the plod may of had to take his hands out of his pockets!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum