Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hungerford match off on Tuesday.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Empty Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Sat Nov 02 2013, 19:24

Devil's Advocate

As Phil mentioned in a reply on another post Hungerford have a replay of their FA Trophy match on Tuesday so our league match with them will be off.

A week of rest for our lad's will do them no harm at all after a tough few weeks of matches so hopefully they'll be fresh and ready to go in next Saturday's FA Cup match.

COYGB.

2Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Empty Re: Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Sat Nov 02 2013, 19:52

PhilC

Everyone seems happy to have a week off, but would it have been better to play and win to keep the run going and also not get further behind in our league fixtures? I'd prefer playing to training.

3Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Empty Re: Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Sat Nov 02 2013, 19:54

Devil's Advocate

PhilC wrote:Everyone seems happy to have a week off, but would it have been better to play and win to keep the run going and also not get further behind in our league fixtures? I'd prefer playing to training.
Theres a few injury niggles though Phil such as with Nathan.

I think training will be light this week and players will roar out of the traps next Saturday.

4Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Empty Re: Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Sat Nov 02 2013, 19:58

PhilC

Agree it's good to rest injuries. Just hope we don't suffer for it come feb and march

5Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Empty Re: Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Sat Nov 02 2013, 20:18

NickSFCB

I'd rather of had a game on Tuesday, as we don't want to be playing catch up on games as in 2011/12 season.

6Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Empty Re: Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Sat Nov 02 2013, 21:44

TRM

On balance I'd rather have a free week than be playing a game, though I wouldn't like to be coming into it like Biggleswade - who won't have played since last Tuesday night.

Think I'm right in saying that any postponed League matches have to be rearranged within 7 days and played within 42, which would mean fitting the home matches against Hungerford and Truro in before Christmas. We've already arranged Burnham away for December 3rd and Frome at home for December 17th. Then there is the Wolves match (BSC) which should be played before the end of November as well.

And that's assuming we don't make further progress in the Cup or Trophy. I think we're going to be busy.

7Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Empty Re: Hungerford match off on Tuesday. Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:10

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Wolves game apparently won't be in November.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum