Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matlock Home

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Matlock Home Empty Matlock Home Sat Mar 04 2017, 20:19

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Luke Benbow was MOTM with just over half the votes - 17/32

Brad 6, Tonka 5, Darryl 2, Ethan 1, Jordan 1

Ian Pilkington wins the supporters' draw.

2Matlock Home Empty Matlock - Home Sat Mar 04 2017, 21:33

redpike

An entertaining and incident-packed game saw us pocket another welcome 3 points, all the time keeping the pressure on our fellow play-off rivals. At times, particularly in the first half, you only had to blink at the wrong moment and you could have missed a noteworthy incident, particularly the two spectacular goals from the impressive Darryl and Luke.

For a defensive coach, it must have been a nightmare with both backlines being, shall we say, porous in admittedly slippery conditions and a bright sun. But, as a spectacle, even though there wasn't much football played, it was thrilling end-to-end stuff with both teams going for the jugular.

Seriously though, our defence can't afford to be so generous next Tuesday or for the rest of the season. We all know how much we are missing Jack and, today, Stuart but life has to go on. To this end, I would play Richard in central defence with Chris at the expense of Dan who looks a bit on the slow side. Even though he was responsible for one of Matlock's goals and did not play to his usual high standards, I still think left back is not Chris's best position.

I thought that the referee, who never really stamped his authority on the game, was lenient in only giving a yellow card, thank goodness, to Matt.

The midfield was again hard-working with Brad putting in enormous effort.

Up front, Jordan again caught the eye and trust that his substitution was not because of an injury. Luke again worked hard and, even though most of his flicks didn't work out, he put on a plate the fifth and decisive goal for Captain Tom's head !

Good to see Chris back, if it was only for the last ten minutes. Not surprisingly, he still looks far short of full match fitness.

Summarising, today's was another valuable win that keeps us well on track for that all-important second place finish.

3Matlock Home Empty Re: Matlock Home Sat Mar 04 2017, 21:59

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

redpike wrote:

I thought that the referee, who never really stamped his authority on the game, was lenient in only giving a yellow card, thank goodness, to Matt.

My understanding is that under the current interpretation, as soon as the ref awards a penalty he no longer gives a red card on the grounds that the player hasn't stopped a goalscoring opportunity.

So the yellow card was spot on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum