Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rushall Olympic away

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rushall Olympic away Empty Rushall Olympic away Mon Dec 28 2015, 21:16

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows:

JUSTIN RICHARDS 12 votes

Kristian Green 4

Karl Hawley. 3 each
Junior Smikle

Sean Geddes. 2 each
Leon Broadhurst

Matt Dodd. 1

Wine was won by LEE ATKINSON.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

2Rushall Olympic away Empty Re: Rushall Olympic away Tue Dec 29 2015, 00:21

Devil's Advocate

I was at Albion today and didn't see the match but was delighted with Baz's updates from Rushall,cheers Baz.

This is exactly the sort of result you dig out on the way to getting promotion and i really feel like we are on a roll.

I still hope we look to add a couple of extra players of quality to the squad,i'd like to see some cover at left back for Junior and another experienced centre half just in case the excellent Scarr or SP are absent and i'd still be looking for an athletic,ball winning midfielder.

All in all though,an unbelievable turnaround by Gary Hackett after last season's debacle,few managers recover from a run like that or indeed get given such time by those in the boardroom so it really is "hats off" to GH and AP when some of us had lost faith.

Happy New Year to both plus everyone involved with the club and all the people i enjoy spending time with watching Stour matches.

3Rushall Olympic away Empty Re: Rushall Olympic away Tue Dec 29 2015, 08:43

baz

Wasn't a great match but only one team trying to play football on a terrible pitch,Justin was easily man of the match but all players put a good shift in,good crowd for them but could of been half Stourbridge fans.

4Rushall Olympic away Empty Re: Rushall Olympic away Tue Dec 29 2015, 16:40

sirsmileriiii

According to the report in in the E&S tonight, there was a bumper crowd of 369 at the game, of which half were probably stour fans.  The worst thing about that game as Baz has already mentioned was the pitch, which looked like it hadn't been mowed for at least 6 weeks.  That and the slope made it a very hard game, but a welcome 3 points non the less.

And at least their ground is under the flight path for Birmingham Airport, which meant we could watch the planes going into land when the game got boring.  There was 1 Ryanair, 1 Turkish Airlines & at least 2 Flybe planes that I could make out before it got 2 dark, just in case anyone is interested Laughing

5Rushall Olympic away Empty Re: Rushall Olympic away Tue Dec 29 2015, 18:05

baz

Not a criticism but was nice to see Justin and Karl appreciate our support during and after the match,was a bit them and us earlier in the season but guess the management have had a quiet word with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum