Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marine Away

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marine Away Empty Marine Away Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:52

Jack

Jack
Admin

Suprised that there's been absolutely no word on this game whatsoever?

It turned out to be a rather routine 3-1 victory against a fairly limited team, who by their own accounts were far from their best. Whereas, for 70 odd minutes we were excellent.

We look now like a side fully at ease with themselves on what their role is, what they should be doing and its clicking excellently. Tonks finally got a goal which his play deserves, and probably should have got another early in the second half. Their keeper kept them in it up until they scored. Having said that, even then we dealt with the inevitable pressure really well I thought and never really looked like conceding.

Not much to be said on Hawley apart from the fact he is class. Absolute class. Challenge anyone to find me a better strike at this level of football.

Leon now back in the middle next to Tom is back to his best, he controlled the game yesterday. Its getting tiring having to praise Tonks to be honest. Its every week now he is excellent for us. Halesowen what were you doing letting him go?

Speaking of Halesowen letting people go, Kristian Green. I must admit at the start of the season I didn't quite see what they raved about. He was solid, but nothing spectacular. How that has changed. He was excellent yesterday rampaging down the wing supporting Dodd whenever he could. Excellent.

I could go on and tell you how everyone did well yesterday, we were that good. The cup run is obviously massive and Eastleigh is arguably our biggest game ever? But this group of players can achieve something special this year in the League as well. They have that big game mentality. Well done lads, and well done Gary.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Marine Away Empty Re: Marine Away Sun Nov 22 2015, 15:07

Brian Handy

As Jack has said, another excellent team performance against a Marine team that never gave up despite being on the back foot for most of the game. I thought the 2 players drafted in did well, Chris Knight was excellent at the back and Ben is starting to look more like his old self with probably his best performance since his return. Having played 3 consecutive games has , I think, been beneficial to him. Some supporters (me included) felt nervous after they scored, but in truth we looked the more likely to score after that goal and they never created a proper chance to equalise. The unease we felt was probably a throw back to last season when they may well have been a different outcome, but we are a far better team now, both defensively and going forward. Best wishes to their no7, Andy Owens for a full recovery.

Marine are a very friendly club, their Chairman's remarks about our team and supporters at their MotM presentations after the game were much appreciated as was the presentation to Dave the Llama. (they nominated Kristian Green as our MotM)

It is also a quaint ground with a row of even numbers on a high fence running down one side of the ground and odd numbers on the other side. This to enable the club to identify which back garden the ball lands in after a hoofed clearance, so that they can go round and ask for it back. Only in non league !!

Man of the Match voting was as follows:

KARL HAWLEY 8

Kristian Green 6

Chris Knight 4

Tom Tonks 3

Dan Scarr
Chris Lait 2 each

The wine was won by BARRY CUFF.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

3Marine Away Empty Re: Marine Away Sun Nov 22 2015, 16:25

Old Codger

Brian Handy wrote:
Marine are a very friendly club, their Chairman's remarks about our team and supporters at their MotM presentations after the game were much appreciated as was the presentation to Dave the Llama. (they nominated Kristian Green as our MotM)

It is also a quaint ground with a row of even numbers on a high fence running down one side of the ground and odd numbers on the other side. This to enable the club to identify which back garden the ball lands in after a hoofed clearance, so that they can go round and ask for it back. Only in non league !!

Love it ! Love it ! Love it !

It sounds like a great all round performance, roll on next Saturday......then the big one !!
Happy days.....
COYG

4Marine Away Empty Re: Marine Away Sun Nov 22 2015, 18:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Job done.
Really solid and convincing performance although had about ten nervous-ish minutes to deal with.
Lovely friendly club and a bostin day out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum