Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dover away in the cup.

+13
lyelad
stour_boy
BonViveur
Jack
Dave the Glassboy
baz
dave w
Jane.N
sirsmileriiii
Nath
Old Codger
oldhillglassboy
Devil's Advocate
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Tue Nov 03 2015, 20:38

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

stour_boy wrote:Coach is now full.

No segregation, too.

Bit difficult to apply segregation on a coach I'd have thought.

Wink

52Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Fri Nov 06 2015, 13:31

lyelad

I think we will stick with the same team that played halesowen last week but a bit worried about the bench. On Monday night Louis Harris was in the crowd apparently carrying a injury ben billingham had a knock on his left ankle we all know what happened to drew so be interesting to see who might get drafted in

53Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Fri Nov 06 2015, 13:32

lyelad

I think we will stick with the same team that played halesowen last week but a bit worried about the bench. On Monday night Louis Harris was in the crowd apparently carrying a injury ben billingham had a knock on his left ankle we all know what happened to drew so be interesting to see who might get drafted in

54Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Fri Nov 06 2015, 15:38

stour_boy

stour_boy

Lewis McPike is in the squad. I imagine the bench will be Knight, McPike, Penny, Wright, Price...

Harris and Billingham doubtful.

Not feeling great about the options on the bench TBH.

55Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Fri Nov 06 2015, 16:45

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:Lewis McPike is in the squad. I imagine the bench will be Knight, McPike, Penny, Wright, Price...

Harris and Billingham doubtful.

Not feeling great about the options on the bench TBH.

I've been banging on about the lack of depth in quality in our squad for weeks now SB,looks like another season when we don't invest at a time of positivity.

Two league defeats on the bounce before the Dover match speaks volumes,i fear we're about to miss the boat again regardless of the cup result.

56Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sat Nov 07 2015, 17:38

Devil's Advocate

Utterly magnificent result…..for once i'm speechless.

On a par with the two Plymouth results in my opinion.

A large slice of humble pie for me and a hearty congrats to Gary and everyone else involved.

Now Andy P and the board……..give Gary the money to bring more quality players in,today's £18k tales our winnings this year to £45.5k not counting gate receipts.

You simply have to let him bring in three or four high quality non league players to help secure promotion.

57Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sat Nov 07 2015, 18:08

lyelad

Brilliant day great team effort and a better away support than I expected in the end it was comfortable and we should have scored more. I thought walker their goalkeeper should have walked in the first half and I think this had a bearing on his sending off in the second half. Great support from stour and I hope ken got to catch his train coyg

58Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sat Nov 07 2015, 20:42

Old Codger

Brilliant, simply brilliant.

59Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sat Nov 07 2015, 22:02

Jack

Jack
Admin

Simply magnificent. Was walking down Sir Matt Busby Way after United when I finally got internet scrolling down the goals app heart beating faster. Seeing that score wasn't what I expected but wow. Having seen the celebrations for the goals it does make me wish I was there. Stunning lads. Stunning.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

60Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sat Nov 07 2015, 23:52

oldhillglassboy

A very deflating draw when it first came out, has probably topped all the other FA cup occasions in recent times, the footballing gods did know what they where doing!. Considering Plymouth, Workington, Kiddy (as great as those matches were) where all clubs who where rock bottom, Dover had won 9 in the last 10 and just dispatched Tranmere Rovers on their own turf and we had to travel down there.

Outstanding from start to finish, we deserved to win no doubt, it was no smash and grab, the amount of bookings they had showed there struggle to handle our attacking threat. We could have scored more, although we did ride our luck at times at the other end on occasion, you'd back a conference side to put away some of the openings they had, the goalkeeper was poor all afternoon and the red card and penalty summed it up. We did look knackered at the end and I feared it might end like the youth team the other night losing from 2-1 up, running out of steam. Lait and Smikle where again very much to the fore as has been the case of a few occasions, thought Dodd played as well as I've seen him, but right across the pitch everybody was superb.

There where more away supporters than I expected and congregated in the same place, certainly generated plenty of atmosphere, i'm not normally a behind the goal person but i'm not a sitting down person either (and less so when they want to charge extra for the privilege!), a fantastic day out, bet Chris Kinnear hopes never to see us again as we returned to bite him on the backside 22 years on! I heard the bar was closed as they where holding a party for the immigration removal centre's staff who had been made redundant, which considering what goes on there, beggars belief.

I thought it would be very close but didn't see us pulling it off to be honest, Hackett did say the only intention was to win and we did! thanks to him and everyone else involved.

The draw? you get what you get, but being in the same league (and with better gates) than Salford, I think we rate a bit of a mention this time, BBC.

61Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 00:17

sirsmileriiii

LET'S ALL DO THE BRUCIE, LET'S ALL DO THE BRUCIE, LA LA LA LA!

What an excellent game and result for Stour, yet another cup scalp for us.  Dover might have won 6-0 on yellow cards, but it's goals that are more important and we scored 2 of them to their 1.

A brilliant day out for everyone with a great atmosphere, and long may our cup campaign continue.  As it would be almost impossible to pick a man of the match due to all the team being good, I will vote for the Llama instead.

COYG cheers

62Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 00:20

Jane.N

What a brilliant result - I couldn't make it today due to work.

Luckily the groom at the last wedding was interested in football so we had a trawl through twitter before the wedding to see we were drawing at that point.
Was great to see the victory at the end of the ceremony!

Cant believe we are in the second round again - such a fantastic achievement Very Happy Very Happy

Looking forward to Tuesdays game now. See you all there.

63Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 14:07

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows;

Everyone I spoke said how difficult a choice this was and that it was a wonderful team effort with 11 excellent performances.

BRIAN SMIKLE 11 votes

Dan Scarr 8

Karl Hawley 5

Chris Lait 2

Stuart Pierpoint
Tom Tonks.         All 1
Justin Richards

Two votes to come.

DEREK EDMONDS won the wine.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

64Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 14:12

baz

Fantastic day,seems like a dream today,every player gave 110% fantastic support,was glad to get to bed after working a night shift before catching the coach!

65Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 15:26

sirsmileriiii

oldhillglassboy wrote:The draw? you get what you get, but being in the same league (and with better gates) than Salford, I think we rate a bit of a mention this time, BBC.

Yes!, but we're not part owned by 5 ex Man U players which is why they get mentioned on the BBC instead of us Mad

66Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 15:35

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Thanks to Brian for the goal updates. They certainly livened up a dreary afternoon at the Olympic Stadium!

67Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 15:58

sirsmileriiii

You can watch the brief BBC highlights here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

68Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Nov 08 2015, 16:50

Old Codger

Old Codger wrote:Can't help but get the feeling that this cup tie has the makings of one big anti climax !
The "vibe" on this thread is not good...coach prices...travel time...to drink or not to drink on the coach...etc etc etc
Regarding coach travel I must agree that on the face of it £25 is a big hike on the normal £10, but then again every coach will need two drivers because one drivers hours will not get a bus there and back in one trip.
I have to admit that travel time / costs mean that I won't be going, much as I would love to follow the boys and as has been said by others...I too would snap their arm off for a replay.

Dear Mr DA, got any of that humble pie left ? If so, can I have some please ? Thank you . So pleased to have been so "off the mark" with my comments. The dream continues.......

69Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Mon Nov 09 2015, 10:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Guess I was wrong about the subs bench - we didn't need them! And no bookings too.

They are only a few places below where Plymouth were and in a rich vein of form so this result has to rank right up there. Gutted to miss it!

Fair play to the Dover fans, they have been exceedingly complementary on their forum and gracious in defeat. The penalty looked soft from the BBC highlights so not surprised to see a few accusations of diving for the penalty though! Although a good indicator is the keeper's reaction and he was almost half way to the dressing room without a protest before the cards were brandished.

Great work by Smikle and quality finish by Lait for the first. Looked like a really good away following too.

Bring on the second round!

And well done to the players & management - another remarkable cup run regardless of what happens in the next round.

70Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Mon Nov 09 2015, 17:29

Baggiestour

Hi all,I also have to eat some humble pie because I have been very vocal in the past the GH should have been sacked,looking at where we are in the league and obviously the cup run the board have been right not to change it .
A massive well done to all involved within the club and let's hope the club get the draw that brings in the full potential regards cash.

If so let's make sure the squad is strengthened to give us the best chance of getting out this league...don't make the same mistake from two years ago.

71Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Dover away in the cup Mon Nov 09 2015, 21:54

samhistory

samhistory

Are you trying to fire them up for the game Jack?  The cup isn't just playing the likes of Liverpool, man ure, chelski, or arsenil.  We're not exactly a huge attraction to them.

72Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Dover away in the cup Mon Nov 09 2015, 22:23

samhistory

samhistory

whoops

73Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Fri Nov 13 2015, 19:55

Jane.N

samhistory wrote:Are you trying to fire them up for the game Jack?  The cup isn't just playing the likes of Liverpool, man ure, chelski, or arsenil.  We're not exactly a huge attraction to them.

Are you a child or an adult Sam? I ask this in all seriousness as I don't know you.

If you are a child then just about fair enough, but if you are an adult then .... really??? Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Also more importantly how the hell did Liverpool get away without such well thought out original digs?? I mean there is a list as long as your arm for that lot!! Razz

74Dover away in the cup. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dover away in the cup. Sun Dec 27 2015, 23:17

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jane N has got an unusual surname, what sort of surname is N?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum