Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Season-Squad Rebuild.

+4
samhistory
Devil's Advocate
Aled
Jack
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Fri Apr 24 2015, 08:59

Jack

Jack
Admin

Right then, this thread is now the designated squad rebuild thread for the summer. Whenever a signing is made/player leaves put it in here. We have limited memory as it is, and one single thread takes a lot up so I'd be grateful if you could all use this. All Gary in out shake it all about chat can also be put in here. Cheers.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Fri Apr 24 2015, 13:33

Aled

I'll start then! Gary in, back room staff needs looking at. I notice Purdie didn't last long.

Sign players before the season actually starts, humble pie to be consumed in vast quantities as we p@&s this tinpot league by March when Salfords money men get bored. Job done.

3Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Fri Apr 24 2015, 13:41

Aled

As for me...I'll probably make about half our home games, and only be on time for one of them.

I will continue my trend of turning up for night games after all the goals have been scored, at which point Andy Hill will ask me 'have ya just come', followed by calling me a cheapskate.

I'll probably post something vaguely positive after a disappointing home reverse against Mickleover for which I'll be dismissed as a happy clappy brigade bellend.

Oh, and I'll probably miss our FA Cup 4th round tie at Arsenal due to family commitments, but still be called a glory hunter when the annual 'who's the biggest fan contest' starts in January. At which point I'll refer to my standard response of 'Don't remember you being at Knypersley'!

4Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Fri Apr 24 2015, 16:40

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:As for me...I'll probably make about half our home games, and only be on time for one of them.

I will continue my trend of turning up for night games after all the goals have been scored, at which point Andy Hill will ask me 'have ya just come', followed by calling me a cheapskate.

I'll probably post something vaguely positive after a disappointing home reverse against Mickleover for which I'll be dismissed as a happy clappy brigade bellend.

Oh, and I'll probably miss our FA Cup 4th round tie at Arsenal due to family commitments, but still be called a glory hunter when the annual 'who's the biggest fan contest' starts in January. At which point I'll refer to my standard response of 'Don't remember you being at Knypersley'!

Great post Aled Laughing

My hopes are pretty similar to your's to be honest.

1/ IF Gary says then he should resign his position on the board.

2/ He should appoint a new,quality first team coach at the very least and i see no reason why we are forking out for an assistant manager,whoever the first team coach is he should be capable of taking on that role.

3/ Any players being "bombed" should new told,to their faces out of respect,as soon as the season end's.

4/ New signings to be brought in for the start of pre season training and stuck with,not this constant "Heinz 57 varieties" approach used this season.

5/ Signings to be players PROVEN at this level,certainly for the spine of the side and the striking spots.

6/ The best of the youth team squad to be integrated into the first team squad and to train with the first team.

7/ Personally i hope for a return to the southern League.

8/ Let's get back to playing fast attractive football whilst finding the defensive steel we had during the "Nathan year's". ( Bennett that is not Gulliver Razz Laughing )

Time for the manager and the board to sit down and decide the future plan,i'd suggest a massive broom is the first thing they need to purchase.

Onwards and upwards…COYGB.

5Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild Fri Apr 24 2015, 22:48

samhistory

samhistory

Agree with most of what Devil's Advocate says but personally i prefer the northern league & if Gary Hackett does go then there's always Jurgen Klopp.  It was good to see Nath Gulliver at Man Ure Lite on Tuesday night and that obviously inspired the team to their best performance since goodness knows when so it's onwards and upwards.

COYG

6Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Fri Apr 24 2015, 23:31

Jack

Jack
Admin

Our squad for tomorrows game will tell us an awful lot about who's off I suspect...

7Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Wed May 27 2015, 18:32

Jack

Jack
Admin

Two signings now confirmed...

Lee Chilton from Leamo
Charlie Price from Tividale

The Club have also confirmed today that Fitz and Deano are leaving the club.

8Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Fri May 29 2015, 21:53

zippy

I'm reading a lot of other clubs in our league making good signings including (today) the Yeltz.
Gary's going to have to up his signings in my opinion to compete next season. Lee Chilton has been around a while, not sure about the keeper he's signed as don't know much about him.
Still need that killer striker signing. Nothing there in that area at the end of last season.
More of last season's players need to go or be put on the back burner in favour of new blood as you could see the team going stale. Might give the one's that remain a reason to fight for their place.

9Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Tue Jun 02 2015, 15:43

Jack

Jack
Admin

Kristian Green and Tom Tonks sign from our lovely neighbours. Which is a slight surprise seeing how much bigger than us they are. Then again, we do pay astronomical wages.....

Welcome to the club, lads.

10Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Tue Jun 02 2015, 19:24

Devil's Advocate

Any news on any further assistant managers being appointed?

11Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Tue Jun 02 2015, 19:33

brockmoor

brockmoor

I have heard there is major building work going on at the ground.
They are extending the home dugout to run alongside the whole pitch. The proposed flip top seating area at the Shed End has now been disregarded as 50 new deckchairs will be installed for our vast array of coaching staff & assistant managers! Laughing

12Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Thu Jul 09 2015, 20:18

i'llgetmeamblecoat

no more news?

13Next Season-Squad Rebuild.  Empty Re: Next Season-Squad Rebuild. Sat Jul 11 2015, 07:23

sirsmileriiii

With the exception of you saying "No more news", the answer's no there is no more news.

But then again I've just contradicted that comment by telling you that with the exception of your comment of "No more news", there is no more news. Which actually means there was more news and that was me telling you that there was "No more news", with the exception of you saying "No more news".

Hope that clears it up for you lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum