Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Luke Benbow

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Luke Benbow Empty Luke Benbow Mon Mar 23 2015, 10:40

redpike

Returning to a point made in an earlier thread, I and a few others were not aware that Luke also plays Sunday football and has an important national cup final to look forward to.

I'm sure that Luke doesn't need reminding that, in the 24 games played for us on his return from injury in early December, he has scored just one goal and that was in the BSC.

Recognising that, as he is not under contract with SFC, Luke has no legal obligation to play solely for us, I do feel that, morally, he should be concentrating solely on our club bearing in mind the time, effort and patience shown by Gary and his team in resolving his hamstring problems. Also I assume that Luke's visits to see other physios and getting scans a few months ago were paid for by SFC.

Never forgetting that he has scored over 50 goals for us over the last few seasons, but what do other supporters think ?

2Luke Benbow Empty Re: Luke Benbow Mon Mar 23 2015, 11:06

Devil's Advocate

You've answered your own question Redpike.

He's not under contract therefore he can do exactly as he want's,if he want's to turn out on a Sunday for the "Rat and Handbag" pub side then so be it.

You have to remember,it's very likely Luke is also getting well paid for his Sunday morning turn out as well,at a decent level certain Sunday sides will pay.

IF he was under contract,i'd totally agree with you,he isn't and therefore it's a non issue,if as a club we don't like it then we let him go but we choose to keep him knowing what's going on.

I can well remember back in the 70's and 80's when many of our player's such as Brendan Drummond were playing Sunday football,a good number of local non league players turned out for Olympic Star,one of the top Sunday sides in the country at that time,they played home games at Amblecote,Jonny Moore was the manager and the late Carl Gibson played up front for them.

No contract signed by Luke……no case to answer,he has to earn a living somehow.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]